MEGAversary 2 The Re-Questioning (Movie Trivia Contest)

The time has come once again to test your knowledge of film. I will be hosting a trivia contest covering movies from many different eras and genres. For those who participated in the one I did during the Winter event, this will be essentially the same. For everyone else, I’ll go into a little more detail down below.

The contest will take place on Sunday the 23rd starting at 15:00 EDT (19:00 GMT). All you have to do to enter the contest is be online and join the event chat channel. The contest will be comprised of three rounds and is expected to last about 2 hours in duration. Those who score the highest will be able to pick, in order, from the available prize pool.

• Round One will consist of movie quotes where I’ll provide the quote, and the first person to correctly identify which movie it comes from will be awarded one point.

• Round Two will be general trivia. Nothing fancy about it, just some questions about minutia where answers are worth a point each.

• Round Three will be a bit trickier. For this one I will provide you with a one sentence plot summary of a film and the first person to figure out which movie it describes will be awarded 2 points. A word of warning: for this one I will be playing fast and loose with semantics.

The available prizes are:

Shocking Steps Blue Sprint
Elaborate Glyph Imbuer
100 Elaborate Glyph Fragments
Vali Metabolic Accelerator, legendary
Military-Grade Breaching Robot, legendary
Utility Belt, mythic
Agent Dossier: Aurelie
Agent Dossier: Nassir
KSR-43 of Havoc MK II
Radiant Egon Pendant
Rocketeer’s Pack Sprint
Arachnoid Cycle Sprint
Little Succubus Pet
Nilfheim Tiny Pet
Honeycomb T-Shirt, Faction Colored
Signet of the Neophyte
Signet of Nemain
One Lot of Container Keys, washed ( 10 red, 20 yellow, 50 purple)

Also, as part of the overall MEGAversary, the top 3 winners will receive a new in-game T-shirt and have their names entered into a raffle for extra goodies.

Feel free to leave any questions or comments you might have. And, for a bonus, the first person who can correctly identify the 4 films being referenced in the contest photo above, will receive one free signet of their choice.

6 Likes

A Nightmare on Elm Street
Tron
Donnie Darko (?)
Midnight Cowboy (?)

1 Like

The first three are correct. I wasn’t going for Midnight Cowboy for the fourth, but I can see why you’d think that. It’s probably the most obscure one and hardest to pull off from the stuff I had to work with in-game.

The 4th one is supposed to be The Warriors. Since the contest is over and you were the only one to take time to post here, you get the bonus prize. Let me know which signet you want and what in-game character to give it to.

So, when giving out prizes earlier and trying to do tie-breakers at the same time, I set aside the Little Succubus pet for someone who was in a dungeon. Unfortunately, I didn’t make a note of the player’s name on the notepad document I was using to keep track of things, so I lost the record of who it was after I logged out.

If you’re that person, please let me know here or in-game. If you’re Yule Brenner or one of his fans, I know it isn’t you so don’t try to cheat the system.