New Inventory and shortcuts are a mess

The small amount of enjoyment the game still held for me evaporated completely when this absolute dumpster fire of an “update” was forced on us. While I CAN still interact with the game despite the horrible UI and terrible changes they’ve made I can no longer call it “playing the game” because playing implies I’m having fun. It’s not fun anymore.

I understand where you come from, I was at that point 2 years ago and had to take a 1 year break. Generally it is really sad how they are butchering this great premise of a game

1 Like

I have to apologize to you.
I now lost my maladorous champion lures after 22 of 24 hours due to the inventory bugs and todays inventory patch is a total joke.
They are making things worse with every “fix”

1 Like

Rolling the mouse and hitting “Q” to select items WITHOUT opening a container is gone now, too.

Edit: Looks like they decided to switch the shortcut to “F” for some reason which is why “Q” didn’t work when I tried it. Why? No one knows…

I appreciate it but there’s no need to apologize to me, just make sure Funcom knows how you feel, my friend. We’re in this together. It’s us against them.

well, 1 of my comments got hidden where i replied to a fc post
I actually just want to relax, playing the game
but my patience is wearing thin by now

Yes, as is mine.

Hopefully they will eventually start to listen to players like you.

It’s not the worst update I have seen for any game, however it is the worst update I have seen for Conan Exiles and it’s the update that has caused me to stop playing the game.

Not sure why they didn’t just roll it back to Ch.3. Game was still mostly fun despite a lot of flaws in Ch.3, but Ch. 4? Nope. No interest in playing. Thanks, but no thanks.

2 Likes

Look, I completely agree about this being the worst update to the game thus far. We can agree there.

…But while I’m not asking to baby the developers overall, singling out one employee and attacking is straight harassment. Come on man.

1 Like

This is an unfair accusation, Conan is the least “woke” game I’ve ever seen. In fact I praise them to keep the game about Conan.

I suggest you stop doing personal attacks and I warn you for the last time to stop harassing and threatening me in PM’s whenever you don’t agree with my posts. You have been banned before and I smell another one on the way.

1 Like

If I were to call somebody who is overweight “fat” I think some might consider that at very least an attack. It’s in the way you’re openly casting attention in a completely depreciating sense towards the individual.

I haven’t seen any memes around of Dennis yet, but I have seen people call out his false claims after update release(s). If the memes are making fun of him as a person they’re in the same boat and I dont like that. If they’re referring to what he’s either lied or misrepresented in the game I think that an accusation, a pointed question, or a joke about missing/unepected content would be fair.

If you want to blame someone for current problems, community managers are not the people who made those changes. They didn’t make any of those changes, they didn’t design it and they didn’t push it out unfinished and untested.

So true bestie, yet you fail to see the main intent behind these lackluster updates.
All these problems and issues force us to experience the game on a meta-level and feel the struggle of a simple man of that universe.
All these problems make our experience quite…Howardian.

1 Like

Dude, you are so far Off Topic

I suggest that you make your own post for your conspiracy theories instead of hijacking mine

This one has read extensively about Solomon Kane as well as Conan…
Neither spent paragraphs describing how the protagonist was vexed at every turn by the organization of their belongings.

I see funcom hasn’t do anything about the trash that they called Item menue.
Won’t play this shit untill they roll back and srly guys you need to apoligize because you obviosly hired somebody who knows a shit about UX and GUI. And obviously you don’t even know how to test patches and addons before release. And srsly even 2 weeks after you saw the delivered diarea, still keep serving it.
Not going even try your other games, it will spare me couple of years that i will lose on outraging about bugs and even trashier hotfixes.

Would appreciate it if they added in someway to enhance the view of the character inventory pages and workbench inventory pages as well.
The UI is just way too small on console with no way to change it, and there is a lot of empty space between your inventory - character sheet - crafting sheet when you open the menu to check for items and your equipped items, so i know there is room to blow those boxes up larger with that amount of gap between them we just have no way to do it, but there is room.
This is on ps4 if that helps

Yeah, they need to roll back but they probably won’t. They have a very hard time admitting they’re wrong, and an even harder time backing up a few steps even when it’s the right thing to do. A roll back the day after the update would have solved 100% of the problems that the update introduced but they didn’t do it, then they took a LONG time to put out a minor band-aid hotfix that didn’t fix all the things it was supposed to fix and barely returned basic functionality that they had removed.

I don’t know why they’re gutting this game but that’s exactly what they’re doing. They need to stop, roll it back, and then leave it alone for a while. Stop and figure out what they SHOULD have been doing all along which, obviously, isn’t what the HAVE been doing.

I just want the old UI back, period. No changes to the new one, just trash it and go back to the inventory UI that we were all familiar with. I don’t think they understand how bad this new UI is, how ugly it is compared to the old one, how out of place it looks and feels, how inadequate it is. We need to keep speaking up so they will understand how we feel.