NEW Map problems

I hate to burst your preservation bubble, but there is this thing known as starting over, people do it sometimes. If you want to play on the new map, you should start new again. If you want to keep your old stuff, stay on the old map.

This is why there would be legacy servers that would not have the new map but the old one. This was the main point and solution. But we no nothing yet. So we can’t say if something can or can’t be done.

Mounts had the sane argument at one point.

The default map isn’t only going to be relegated to “legacy servers,” come on. When has a game like this come out with a new map as optional paid DLC and completely replaced any previous maps with it except for a handful of servers? That makes no sense.

I have rare items too(world breakers with 112-115% armor pen, whirlwind and havoc and malice stats from before nerf and even venom infused items that can’t apply poison(broken ones from back when you could stack poison on them, would end up breaking it to not apply poison)) but I would not want to pull these things to a new server, a new start is nice especially with a new map.

I have no idea, But i dont think that the new map will force the player to leave the old map, I simply belive that it will be an expansion to the existing map, as it was (correct me if iam wrong i did not play conan at the time) When the Highlands and North was added for example.

It might be done as a “GTA” type, That you will be “able to cross” a bridge to a new part of the world as you get a key o fragment or whatever when you buy the DLC.

I hope that you will be able to interact with the old and new places that wont split the playerbase either.

LOL, i am close to starting a thread called
“Funcom to Release Something associated with Conan Exiles, DO you like or dislike?” :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was called, rather controversially, an Update-Expansion. The name alone caused 4 weeks of ruckus that could make any Community Manager’s hair go grey.

If they follow my guidelines, it’s simple: if you pay for the expansion, the road above the volcano opens up like the portal to Oz and you’re whisked away!

Using a setting like “Cross Desert Once” that is present in the game, you’d be allowed to carry only one load of goodies across, ever*! Everything else you need to gather in-game, on the other side. To get back to Map 1, you need a bed on Map 1, or you must return to the desert spawn.

* Until unchecked, via Admin.

The problem with this is that it is highly unlikely that the new map will be a POI dense as the old one. The old one is the culmination of years of work. Conan is a different game than ark where you can just make a new map and throw some spawns around and go there done. It’s a lot richer in content and interaction. You just don’t create that working for 6 months.

You mean the map “expansion”?

That is a good sign. I do worry about semantics. :slight_smile:

Its the hot new verbage

Who remember’s the big Christmas update mammoth debacle a few short years ago? Now that was fun times…

So… They are replacing the map? Being a DLC, I would think the old map was staying…

LOL…
Here is a good one…

Have you ever voted on a Poll…

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Have you ever trusted the results of a poll?

• No
  • I like buying bridges

0 voters

1 Like

I don’t understand the problem here… You have to start over everytime you change servers, what is the difference?

4 people are fibbing…

1 Like

Some people don’t change servers. Some people have been on the same server since the dawn of the game.

It’s rightful that they wouldn’t want to start from scratch.

I for example am one of those people. I started over a few times. I didn’t enjoy it. It takes a long time to get named armor thralls. In some cases it took me 3 months of camping at spawn points to get them. I wasn’t even playing the game. I was just camping in one place to get one thrall. Not fun at all.

Server wipes could decimate a large portion of the player base. Interesting enough its proven that private servers that don’t wipe succeed.

1 Like

And servers that wipe regularly do too. RP servers, for example.

Not sure why a new map is seen as a bad thing. Don’t want to start over? Then don’t, stay on the original map, and let players who have been requesting new things to do go and explore.

4 Likes

I have 0 issue with the new map and will buy it. I just hope FC does what I hope they will do, and allow us to pack stuff into our personal inventories and then if a wipe happens our characters can at lease keep some of our hard work

1 Like