NEW Map problems

I personally dream of a cluster-map, but I don’t have my hopes on much.
Since the servers can hold a maximum of 70 without too much lag would be awesome to have a 3x3 server cluster, using obelisks to travel inter-server while “load balancing” more people because it’s fisically more servers. But I don’t have my hopes up much about it.

1 Like

No. The existing map will stay.

Nothing else is known really, including whether travel between the maps will be limited, unlimited or straight up not possible.

Funcom have started calling it an “expansion” rather than a “Map DLC” though, but whether there’s any meaning behind that is equally unknown (since official information is extremely limited).

1 Like

Sorry man I don’t mean to be rude so please don’t take this the wrong way but I think that this kind of playstyle or mentality when it comes to online multiplayer games is extremely unhealthy, On a single player or personally owned server sure. But when the longevity of your progress cannot be guaranteed and in fact has a very low guarantee, it is very unhealthy to live in denial of this and still blindly hold onto the idea that you will never have to start again.

Rather than getting attached to the virtual in game assets and creations you make, instead hold onto and cherish the experience of it rather than the assets themselves. This way you are not setting yourself up for a big emotional fall if something happens to your work.

If indeed you are looking for something more permanent then I suggest you do the work that you don’t want to lose on single player or on a private server that either you own or someone you trust really well owns, even then there is no guarantee that you won’t ever lose that data. But to play on online public servers that are sitting on hard drives somewhere out in the world. Companies can lose billions in data corruption and theft while using cloud backups and offsite file server failures, it happens even when the bottom line is at stake, by no means should you ever take the stuff you put online as a guarantee especially not for an online game, You will live a much happier life for it.

This is why I am against game companies that encourage or sell to players this idea of security over what you do online in that it will be there forever, that is never a guarantee that they can make and those that try to sell that idea to you are being disingenuous. Accept the potentially temporary nature of such things and you will soften the blow should it ever come :wink:

That’s just my advice, and it is coming from a place of concern and experience not from a place of negativity or offense.

2 Likes

Nice to see you again! This is exactly the kind of plant-based, cruelty-free thinking we need around here.

1 Like

I was banned for 2 days, then had to go work at an organic carrot farm for some more days and couldn’t log on.
But i’ll get my revenge eventually :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

What I am saying is that I’m not rebuilding. And very disinterested in camping a spot for 3 months because t4 armourers are way to RNG to make possible.

The grind to level 60 isn’t my worry. But leveling thralls to 20 has become annoying and I have only leveled 2 of them. And two feels like enough.

Because essentially I’m not doing anything except doing nothing at all.

Sure you have the dungeons which have a single play through value to obtain recipes that you may never use or an item that is sub par to something in a legendary box.

Running the unnanmed city is fun, but I have done it 1000 times.

So now I focus on building and creating resources.

I’m not taking offense to anything you say, but unfortunately Conan Exiles does not have replay value of other games.

This is my 3rd time restarting. In this third play through I haven’t even attempted to get all of the recipes. I only got the efficient recipes that are worth getting.

I wouldn’t mind so much if FC fixed the named crafting thrall spawn rate. Considering the armor I tend to aim for is only available through 1 thrall and gated by bad RNG.

I don’t have 3 months to sit in Sep city looking for Zoara of the Marshes.

Then again. Wiping a map when not all players can afford the DLC map only rewards folks with cash and penalizes those already playing what they paid for.

Hence why I suggested legacy servers.

If FC retained the old map with all of our old creations. I would remain on that server. The legacy server.

If they transport our things to the new map I would buy the new map.

If they wipe everything in favor of the new map that not everyone can afford, then we will see a loss of players.

So. I suggested legacy and Fresh Start servers. Archeage has been doing it. And it’s worked.

2 Likes

I just love hanging out in my fortress at the Sekhet Oasis. The music is great. The vistas are awe inspiring. I keeping adding additions and dancing girls. I’ve got a stable. I’ve got an elite personal guard of females from every race in the Exiled Lands. What could be better in life? Occasionally I gear up an go take in the scenery or do a dungeon. Always on the lookout for Grrr Legbiter. This game lets you chill and then make your own adventure. That’s why I want even more stuff to do.

1 Like

You start again at level 1.

when the map “expansion” will be uploaded ?
according to Funcom the map should have been uploaded server on the beginning 2020

Do you have a source for this?

Pretty sure all of their info said the second half of 2020, not beginning, TheLOLxd2’s summary is below:

1 Like

lol well it would not hurt them but in two years have you ever ever ever seen them put out much info early just not gonna happen , hard enough to get info 2 weeks in advance let along 6 months, waste of your time to try to be honest sorry but its true but maybe his new guy will be better at how to handle his community and be more open and forth coming but I myself have given up on what will come, we will know the day it comes out is best I wager on now.

Software development is unpredictable. More and more companies have taken the “we’ll release it when it’s ready” approach when it comes to making promises to their customers.

Promising a release date, then running into an unexpected problem and needing to postpone the release, leads to disappointed customers.

Promising a release date, then running into an unexpected problem and releasing an unfinished, buggy product, also leads to disappointed customers.

Not promising a release date also leads to disappointed customers because they feel communication is important and they want to hear something from the developers. But in the end, if given the choice, I’m sure a finished, good-quality product is what matters the most for the vast majority of customers.

3 Likes

To go to the new map, you will need to remove the bracelet, by completing the quest on map 1.
Everyone will start again when they enter the new map. Only those who leave exile will go to the new map.

If they use Gportal to host the new map then I wont be buying nothing, the servers have always been trash. They will spilt the already small player base between new an old maps by putting it behind a paywall, bugs an glitches will still be the same in the new map anyway that continue to be forgotten by funcom or just dont have the ability to fix them.

[citation needed]

2 Likes

Good thing you don’t have to play in the new map… imagine being forced to do it, that would be terrible… Lucky for you, buying the next map expansion is completelly optional and they won’t take anything from you.

We are losing something. We are losing focus. Having two maps will split Funcom’s focus and the glitches and crashing and critical error will increase.

Unless I missed something this is all pure speculation. Stay calm. Good words for times like these.

1 Like

Show me this in a funcom statement.

1 Like