New mechanic wish list!

Yes I’m mainly talking about balancing it for online servers. Slight imbalances are usually not a big deal in single player, because the player can correct for anything they don’t like themselves.

Resources are currently only really limited by their locations and the time sink in going there, this component would disappear if one could conceivably stay on Noob River and mine stone. If one could trade their way to Star Metal, it would further remove a lot of gameplay. It’s not impossible to overcome these challenges, but that’s why I say balancing it is more of a task than technically implementing it.

Players can of course already trade, but unlike NPCs, a players-only trade system will inevitably tend to balance itself (unless the game is so successful as to spawn bots a’la WoW, but I doubt that’d happen).

Then again, Funcom seems to like the idea of NPCs adopting player behavior, up to and including offline raiding them, so… who knows :smiley:

Hmm thats interesting, its certainly a multi-faceted issue. While I would like to see a more indepth trading system in the game, I would NOT like to see high end materials like star metal, which we spend 60 levels working towards, made into a childs play task to obtain. I agree that it would need checks and balances in place if it were implemented. Thanks for that well explained reply Mikey.

1 Like

You’re welcome. To further illustrate, it’s easy for me as a player to say that I would never trade a single bar of Star Metal for Leather, even at a billion pieces to one, because I’m already drowning in the stuff. A simple NPC trader would have to have a “smart” system to handle that.

Right now, some resources being easier (or harder) to get than others is less of an issue, since even the most hardcore hoarder eventually stops collecting what they have too much of. But if trading upwards became a thing, resource gathering speeds would have to at least approach some sort of time-to-reward equilibrium, across zones, levels, builds etc - a huge task indeed.

1 Like

I’d like to see there be more options during character creation. Primarily, we should have the option to add scars to the character models. This would give a bit more personality to your pc and give the NPC’s a more distinct look.
Scars for:

• Head
  • Torso
  • Back
  • Right Arm
  • Right Leg
  • Left Arm
  • Left Leg

Maybe include a mirror/vanity to change hair style & makeup.

1 Like

and for solo players…

Rather than 3-4 players dragging it, why not let my rhino or bear do the giant dragging? I believe either one has the leg strength to pull it off.

1 Like

I’d like to see the addition of non-spiked versions of the T3 fences for cases where we want them to be ornamental and allow for climbing.

Also, it would be nice to have some more stair options where we can’t see thru the risers; currently the only option for this is Aquilonian.

Aaand since I’ve gone and mentioned both stairs and fences, maybe sloping railings so we can attach them to sloping walls and stairs? It might also be nice if the stairs with railing (Frontier, Yamatai) actually had collision on their railings instead of letting us walk clear thru them.

3 Likes
  1. Firstly fix up the broken mechanics already in game which they are doing just so slow.
  2. Make armor attributes modded into the armor not already fixed to it, like weapons etc, keep legendary as it though, so many good looking armors are not used because they dont fit someones build.
  3. Balance the damn gods already this is my pet F****** hate, how long does it take do across the board balance them.
  4. Fix thrall & Mob AI to something thats atleast a bit of a challenge.
  5. Have thralls immune to LAVA as funcom cant seem to code them not running into it.
  6. I think since conan is on the downward spiral they wont actually put much resources into the game going forward, they only have themselves to blame really.

Much like Wheels of Pain, Pet pens should have different sizes.

Things are huge. Would be nice to select one that fits with your base.

2 Likes

And what are you going to do when I’m going to follow your gathering thralls, wait for them to farm and then kill them and take their stuff?

There’s already a mod for this, pvp doesn’t need minecraft perma-farms.

To see the path of a trowing weapon as a perk it’s a very good idea, the rest is just fluff that can never be balanced in a pvp environment. How are you going to balance somebody able to raise the dead and trow fireballs?

(about being mono-theist) What about single players? What about those who choose crom? religions are good as they are, the only thing that i would see as a fit change is to wipe your levels once you make a god token, and that gods could fight each others, that would be an awesome change for the gods.

Oh boy… I don’t think funcom is in the d##k measuring business…if they want to “succeed” they just need to optimize what’s already there. period.

And what if I join your server after a month of gameplay?

I like this 2 ideas, but I tought grease already slow you down…i might remember wrongly.

I mostly like all this suggestions, except the builder thrall, I’d rather have "build a t1 house, get a builder thrall in the carpenter bench, provide the materials and the thrall it’s either going to upgrade to a higher tier or slowly very slowly auto repair any piece connected to the structure, make sense?

Hell yes! and that we and the thralls could use for sniping with bows.

NO.

Mechanics that I think needs to be in this game, or at least I would like:

this was already suggested to rob several months ago, thralls equipped with water orbs should sense fire and act accordingly by trowing water orbs at the fire.

when you log out your character become a defensive thrall instead of going to “sleep”

a storage-bank at supermeru where you can safely store “some” stuff (space like a wooden chest) as long as you pay a weekly gold coin fee

Hello. I don `t know just where to write this message and decided the court can throw a link about the event or not, and generally something about this all. Holidays like this are already taking place and there isn’t anything new or tasty. Help who can.

A reward that is not OP but good enough to get people to remove their bracelets and reset their character. As it stands the “end” is completely pointless. Something a player does once in their single player game and then never does again. Make it a mechanic that buffs the player, but is obviously very, very costly.

1 Like

Spiked T2 would be nice too, for people who like the look of T2 buildings better.

1 Like

I feel the same way about vaults. Wish we could have a smaller one, around 1 wall piece wide, long and high. Something that would more easily fit indoors.

If you’re on PC, there’s a mod for that.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1425015117&searchtext=mini

Farming thralls is already a thing going to peoples bases and killing them with arrows or other things and taking loot off their body. This is no different than it would be to attack a gatherer thrall.

Also i would like to point out that mods are not usable to all players. Xbox and ps4 do not have mod support and as such we do not have a sustainable planter…

As for two way obalisks this is a fairly good idea because some people like to box obelisks in to keep people from using it. This would give you a way to get out rather than have to die and lose your gear because someone did that.

As for the religions they are very bland at the moment and are mostly the same besides the aesthetics that they add. So wanting them to be different is nice. I don’t think set and mitra should be so similar those are to polar opposites… Also there are a great number of gods in conan’s universe and to add only a handful would be rather disappointing not to mention most of them DO NOT GET ALONG. Meaning it shouldn’t be possible to worship both at the same time.

1 Like

Great stuff all.

I’d like to see the following:

1. fence gates
  2. crafting thrall customization of their attire
  3. kill thrall/pet option in the radial menu
1 Like

What I wouldnt give for that mod Aaron, or mods in general. Unfortunately Im a ps4 player (offline/singleplayer), so its not an option for me.

1 Like

Re:option 3 of kill thrall/pet option in radial wheel- NO NO NO … the radial wheel is too finicky to use for such an important function … they do not have a “confirm action” function and it would be way to easy to accidentally kill thrall/pet when you meant to do something else.

If Funcom will put in an instant kill function I would prefer other people suggestions of crafting a potion and putting it their inventory to kill them. But I don’t think they would as it then becomes something people can exploit for resources.

But where feeding and starvation is active it’s easy enough to just place the unwanted thrall/pet outside of the thrallpot/feedbox reach and they will die in about ten days.

Allow chests, benches etc. to remember what sorting mode you set them to.

Just because I prefer to have my character’s inventory set to Heaviest First doesn’t mean I want that applied to all the chests and benches in the game. The current method of making every container use whatever the last sorting method you selected anywhere is extremely annoying.

If I want to keep my character on heaviest first, my work benches on custom, and chests on name, it should be possible.

Improved Search Box

When opening the Inventory screen, please place the cursor in the Search field so that we can just start typing instead of first having to click there. It’s a relatively minor thing, but it would be a really nice quality of life improvement.

Also, if search results could be persistent across opening/closing the inventory, that would also be helpful. You could do this simply by leaving the search text present but highlighted in the search box. In this way (presuming the cursor defaults to the search box as I suggested above), one would only need to press delete or start typing to clear the results and begin a new search. Naturally, you’d probably want to add a “clear results” button to help those who click around elsewhere before returning to the search box.

Improved cursor focus and persistent search results would go a long way toward making it easier and more natural to work on our structures, especially if search could use a wildcard to match multiple keywords (e.g. “aquil * roof” to include all roof pieces in the Aquilonian set, etc).

2 Likes