New mechanic wish list!

1-To be straightforward, I think the inventory system is nice, however the crafting part of it is… Cluttered. More so when you have mods, and even more so when there’s no categories for specific mods. And what clutters it the most? Building pieces.

2-Crafting time for building pieces, a queue and “belt” filled with pieces. Again, adds to the clutter, just on another end.

3-Bad “snap” mechanics and collision. Yeah this is a bit of a stretch, but my issues are as follows: Sometimes you can’t snap something to an angle no matter how hard you try, this isn’t common, but enough for me to notice. Character collision with the built buildings might obligate me to double my house’s size, it doesn’t make it impossible, but you can notice quite a bit of a difference between a small character and a big one, where moving around with a big character 3rd person mode really makes it hard for small buildings.

Solution 1: Frankly this is the same system as Rust’s, but carrying walls, foundations, door, door frames, stairs and whatnot isn’t feasible, most people build in increments unless it’s a build video where they have infinite pieces. So adding a building plan, and keeping the repair hammer would make building in vanilla servers less frustrating.

Solution 2: Custom categories, where the player can create multiple categories in-game which’ll be saved throughout all playthroughs and servers, selecting the items he wants. (This way at least the crafting menu isn’t so cluttered)

Solution for 3rd point: Adjust building pieces to max character size.

BTW: Thanks for showing me this thread!

4 Likes

No problem bro ^^ Let me know if you need help with anything!

Got a few suggestions I’ve made here and there.

1. Builder thralls. To accompany this would be the ability to designate (outline) build plans. Builder thrall would then build as directed once materials become available.

2. Tree addition - uproot trees to make them stop spawning. Instead of having trees stop spawning once you have started placing building pieces within a certain range of them, allow for them to respawn, until “uprooted”
    Stumps would remain where trees will respawn once they are cut down. no stump = no respawn tree.
    Allow players to plant trees, also.

3. General labour thralls - Thralls that will move materials from one area to another, turn on or off lamps/torches/braziers, give reports (food status of thralls and pets, attacks, etc) etc.

4. outline format for crafting inventories. The ability to organize the crafting windows by tier, material, etc.

5. hand crafted items to be able to be crafted also at any work station

6. designated containers - chests/cupboards/boxes etc that are designated to hold specific items. General labour thrall (mentioned above) will place items crafted at a work station into said boxes, where builder thralls (mentioned above) may access in order to build as directed.

7. Improved Thrall and pet AI - At the very least, the thrall and/or pet should be able to detect environmental threat, and make effort to skirt them, if a path is readily available. (pet killing itself by walking through lava the player JUST went around is… stupidly annoying).
    As others have mentioned, various tasks or habits a thrall or npc or pet may do.
    -designated “home” - player can direct the thrall/pet to “go home” at which point, it will return to a previously designated spot
    -interactive emotes - play with a pet. encourage a thrall. etc.
    -realistic behaviour - mostly aimed toward pets. wolves near each other could form “packs” where they will greet each other, play with eac hother, call for aid, or raise alarms, as an example.
    -patrols - designate patrol routes, then set thralls and/or pets onto them
    -meander - thralls and pets to wander within a certain range of their posting spot. they may also perform various idle emotes, based on the “personality” of the npc.
    -personalities - give thralls and pets some sort of pre-set personality, that will dictate how they interact with their world. A stoic character may stand near motionless at its post, while a playful or curious one may fidgit or explore nearbye. These personalities, and commands, may be accessed via a radial menu, similar to the player’s menus.

• visit eachother and/or points of interest. giving thralls and/or pets “interests” could liven some things up, and give them preferances for things they may do - a guard thrall that likes to watch a blacksmith at work may have a small bonus to use a hammer as a weapon, for example.
    -Barracks and/or thrall homes - similar to the animal pen, a way to put away fighter and archer thralls when not needed in the moment. When alarms are raised, the thralls move to their posts until the threat has ended, at which point, they return to their “home”
  1. 90 degree angle building pieces and tiny triangle wedge pieces - pieces (tiny triangles) that fit between the existing wedge and block. 90 degree angle pieces that fit between two blocks

2. Angled fences - fences that follow the slope of stairs

3. hair styles - break up some of the existing hairstyles, so they have more realistic blowing in the wind animations, instead of the cape like billowing they currently have.
    Would like to see more added - curly hair in various lengths, half up half down, partial braids, bangs options separate from main hair, hair accessories, etc. multiple color tones in hair would be nice as well

4. variations in body type - slender, heavy, “stretched”, or “squashed” - slider bars for general weight, then another slider bar (separate from the height bar) that would stretch or squash the character’s overall build.

5. Scars - the ability to add scarring to the character’s face and body

6. Religious building pieces and decorative items

7. Terrain textures - paths and grass, etc - areas npcs, and players walk frquently (like to and from their build site) might develop paths. The ability to place grass or other “ground cover” foliage, stones, or sand, etc, in designated areas, as well.

8. Water blocks - fill an area with water. Tubs, fountains, pools, etc. May also include water sprays, and spouts, for falling water.

9. statues - gargoyles, human figures, animals, etc.

10. elks and king elks to grow from fawns

11. clan reputations - the ability to improve (or ruin) one’s reputation with different factions and clans. Clans of own race will start neutral. Improve standing for the purpose of trading, shelter, and hiring thralls.

12. Hiring thralls from Sepermeru - instead of knocking them out, buy their loyalty. pay them to join you.

13. using work stations and items found out in the world - bonfires, camp fires, etc, be useable by the player.

7 Likes

Oh, and large windows with shutters.

3 Likes

I would love to see gear visually hanging on your character. Sword on hips shield on back etc instead of the current system where weapons appear out of nowhere

7 Likes

Yeah that is a good one lol that always bugged me.

More character customization is something I’ve been pushing for, to allow us to make our characters less similar and customize every part of our characters male and female.

Maybe even alternative armor depending on your nudity options, maybe.

2 Likes

I want to be able to knock npc enemies off cliffs or edges rather than see them bounce off invisible wall.

5 Likes

This list keeps getting better and better :smiley:

1 Like

I’d like to see religion tied into sorcery in some way when sorcery does get development. Not as a mandatory part of it, but as an alternative way to get similar effects through limits other than corruption. A lower number of effects, unique to each god, but something to give religion more of a purpose than just “a few minor perks and a glorified siege weapon.”

3 Likes

Still waiting for Ishtar myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Bump

Just gonna copy-pasta a reply I made to another thread in here…

TWO-WAY OBELISKS:

For a two-way obelisk, I’d suggest keeping it simple. Let players long-press E on an obelisk, and then be presented with the option to teleport back to the maproom (singular, i.e. you can only be bound to one at-a-time, just like with beds) to which they have previously bound themselves.

To facilitate this, add a “bind to this maproom” option when players long-press E on a maproom owned by their clan for PvP & PvE-C modes, or to any player-created maproom at all for PvE. Note, that the options to destroy or pick-up a maproom should probably be relocated into a submenu to prevent accidental removal.

This would enable people to have more of a home-base attachment without opening ourselves up to Skyrim levels of fast-travel cheese. Plus, it would add an interesting strategic element to raid defense: players would need to determine which of their bases they want to bind to, and attackers might do well to employ scouts to disable the ability of defenders to rapidly teleport home. (Hell, could always pull the “You cannot fast travel while enemies are nearby.” schtick if there are hostile players are within a few foundations of the destination maproom.)

1 Like

That would be a nice addition to be able to travel back to your map room like that.

1 Like

I dont know how difficult a trading system would be to implement, but I know that this is one feature I miss from the likes of Skyrim and Witcher 3. I am absolutely crazed about profiteering.

3 Likes

This would actually add a new and frankly interesting layer to both the religion and sorcery system Riella. Unfortunately, I can see it being another feature which Crom worshippers are locked out of.

Some great suggestions right here Krieg! As others have said, especially the first four. Keep up the the good work and creative insight.

1 Like

would love to plant trees in pots to fill in the empty spaces. more nature options

different style rugs that dont flicker or better designs

would like to loot bodies without having to hit the esc key would be nice, this started last update for me and its a pain when your trying to loot during a fight or quickly. right now i hit interact to loot and if i take all the loot i have to hit esc to get out, if i leave 1 item in the bodies inventory i can do it normally with the interact button to close the loot box

and did i mention more plant options maybe taller stuff? like trees or higher bushes /flowers.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Technically speaking - not a big deal
Balancing it, however… that might be difficult indeed

Mikey Thats a shame. I wont pretend to understand the ins and outs of this particular issue. Being an offline singleplayer, my hopes were resting more with a more indepth npc trading system within Supermeru, than online transactions between players. Would this be just as difficult do you feel? More or less so? And is the difficulty owing to the relative ease of obtaing gold and silver bars and coins…?