No sounds when I start a game

Game mode: : Online official/Single-player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE
Region: Europe

Hello. I played Conan Exiles last year for about 40h, and i never met any problems.
I decided to play again this week. But I don’t know why, I don’t have any sounds when i start the game. I’ve got the sounds of the intro but when I start a game, in a server or in single player, i hear during 1 or 2 seconds some sounds like torch and then nothing. I check my settings in the game, I inspect with steam the game file, I unistall the game and download it again but the problem is still here.
Does anyone have a solution ?

Does it last for the whole time you play, or just in the beginning?

If the latter, wait a couple of seconds. I (and I guess many of us) have this problem. After entering the game there is no sound - or just some - for up to 30 seconds or so.
I guess the game is just loading the sounds just like the textures.
Sometimes it’s worse, sometimes you have sounds immediately.

Hi @fenrirsul, as rolee9309 has suggested, does the issue persist if you play for a few minutes?

Do you have multiple speakers/headsets connected simultaneously to your machine or any software that might interfere with audio playback?

Could you try going into the windows sound settings then selecting sound control panel and temporarily disabling all playback devices except the one you’re currently using, then launching the game?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.