Official Server Crashes / Lack of Support [1517, 1518, 1941, etc.]

1518 down for hours

Add xbox 2653 to the list.

1517 down again!

1516 down again. This is trash.

1518 is down yet again. It’s become an every night thing, and then it’s down until the morning.

That is less than a 60% server uptime!

Please tell us you are working to fix this issue–give us anything. Hell, if it can’t be fixed soon then at least have someone available 24/7 to monitor the outages and restart the servers. We can’t play the freaking game.

Funcom is made up of a bunch of tools. They pay companies money to host this pile of Alpha BS and the company cant keep the server up for more than 8hrs at a time. Who is to blame, Funcoms BS server client or the hosting party? I say probably both.

I have never seen this type of garbage in a game. Seriously. Anyone else would lose their jobs if they were this incompetent. Change the frequency of the restarts
do something you fcking idiots.

I don’t want to be negative with devs with insults and stuff. But just practically I haven’t been able to play the game when i’ve logged on for 3 consecutive days. I’m not saying it has been down for 72 hours straight. But whenever I have tried to play I haven’t been able to. I have no choice but to look into switching games and perhaps trying Ark. I really like conan. But I can’t play. What would you expect us to do funcom?

Also, are other servers better? If so I wouldn’t mind a character transfer and start me off in noob desert to rebuild a base. It’s terrible but at least I could keep my levels and gear I can carry and can play.

We’re all in the same boat. It’s absolutely ridiculous that this has been happening-I haven’t been able to play for three nights in a row.

And about the transfers–good luck with that. Look at some of the other official Funcom responses to similar inquiries and you will find that their policy is “we do not offer MMO-like services”. Someone griefing your server? Lost items due to crash? “Sorry, we do not offer MMO-like services for this game.”

Your best bet is to start over on a different server and pray it doesn’t suffer the same crashing issue–it seems like many other servers do.

Robotic useless customer service, even when their servers are down about half of the time they cannot be assed to help us or even restart them manually. I wish I never paid money for this horrible experience. It’s sad because it would have been a great game if not for this crap.

Down again heads up

1941 down also today

1940 also down. Can’t confirm it went down yesterday but if not that would make it 1/7 on the week, so I’m not considering it likely. I’ll point out this outage lasts all evening until (presumably) very early in the morning. Report tool does nothing. Ongoing for at least a month now.

Here we go again. It’s an American holiday and our servers are down again after a couple weeks of the same issue, day after day.

Thinking out loud here about some risk management
 A single staffed person with the authority to make the call to reset affected servers would run a few hundred dollars a day on each additional shift. On the flip side of the coin, you’ve allowed a large number of your US servers to go unplayable during prime time, thus making the game unplayable to a portion of your customer base. Let’s skip the debate about trusting Jim Bob’s private server for the sake of argument. Now do you really think that the few thousand dollars you’ve avoided spending to keep someone staffed to make that phone call to gportal to reset the server outweighs the amount of money you’ve lost by adding to the horrible reputation of the unreliability of the game? I myself have never left a steam review on a game, but I think it’s about time I do. I’ve never in all my years felt so disgusted with a game company.

This isn’t about not being able to play a game. It’s about wasting our time. This game is built around the concept of time investment. Every time you allow this incompetence to happen, you render the last “x” amount of hours of our game time wasted, and force us to spend "x’ amount of hours recovering from your failure. To make matters worse, we don’t know the duration of said issue leaving us with a heavy decision. “Do I sit here in hopes that the server will come back up and save my time investment, or do I accept that I’m going to have to spend “x” amount of hours next time I log in to recover my loss?” For every moment I invest into this game, Funcom allows it to be transformed from a positive, to a negative. Such a shame because this game could have been amazing, but you’ve allowed it to become an absolute regret.

3 Likes

Well said. Completely agree. My guess is this is a combination of short staff and scheduling mostly. Along with perhaps our possibly small numbers (no idea really what % of servers are affected) and a confident attitude that the server issues will be running smoothly in time enough to not lose too many players. It appears that many servers are affected to varying degrees so staff may very well be focusing on those that can actually be restarted withing a reasonable time. I’ve read plenty reports about the report tool working and a server coming online within an hour so the consistency of #1940 being offline for the entire night maybe points to a completely separate issue. Anyway speculation is pointless, I’m giving it until the weekend and if we don’t get some joy I’m uninstalling.

Yeah, at this point I’d say the servers aren’t down. They’re simply broken. They don’t work. Many of us have invested hours into a broken server. At this point they should at least close the server or something instead of making us think it’s playable if they aren’t going to fix it. it’s not even playable

2 Likes

yup, official server don’t work. Funcom can not make a claim to provide official server.

Have tried a few, one works, but it population was down to 5-10/40 due to people leaving, due to exploiters.
And anything handling high populations is lag, unstable and down.

yet, i stuck with it. work on collecting resources over a couple of days and went to take them to a place where i was building a base
 300 steal bars (i’m low level, that was hard work killing) and a tonne of black ice, and other stuff

Get within 1 minuet walk of my destination and bam! my player ‘appears’ off a cliff, then back where i was, then off the cliff again, then dead. all of it gone. But wait, i can get my stuff back right?

So i wait, as my base was 1 min a way, just spawn in my bed and get my stuff
 and i wait
 and, fatal error.

so i log in again, and wait, loading screen
 nothing
 watch the server population drop to zero. Server is down. cant get stuff back.

This is a game braking issue. this means that part of the game is broken! just a fact.

thick and fast, negative reviews are coming in on steam, mainly server related. Funcom turned things around after a bad start, and now its all going down the toilet again.

Don’t let such a good game die >< think you really need to explain , be truthful about whats going on. People are frustrated.

Feel sorry for the public faces of funcom. I doubt the have any control over this, but deal with the flack (pay rise for them? :P)

Hopefully the upcoming patch makes them more reliable.

Considering these issues appeared with one of the previous patches, I’m not at all hopeful. Plus the patch is a month away.

I just hope no one else joins one of these servers for their own sake. It might as well be a trap. This server is like a catfish date. Thought you were gonna play Conan Exiles? We’ll lead you on for a few hours. Then
 Gotcha! Can’t play for the next week during any reasonable hours. That’s why I wouldn’t be against closing the server until they fix it. Admit it’s broken and don’t let any other poor souls waste their time on these broken servers. I’ve already invested. My loss is locked in. I just don’t want to see others come behind me.

1 Like

So does anyone know what going on with 1517? Are they working on it or is it just down?