PC Patch (10.12.2018): Automod-Updater, Archery, Katana and Bug Fixes [116512/20221]

Do you have one of the filters selected in the top right corner of the window? It can cause a similar effect if none of that item type are available at the station in question.

1 Like

Maybe I am old and blind but I didnā€™t see it. Was switching hyperborean Slaver from cold to hot intended or an accident?

I noticed exactly the same thing.

You were correct. Was all my fault. Had a weapon only selection somehow.

Are we any closer to a fix for servers owners?

I cannot connect, and keep getting ā€˜failed to join requested serverā€™ when I try. The few times I have been able to connect, I move and suddenly 30 seconds later the game crashes. After a lot of searching and reading comments on various Discords, I know I am not the only one.

I am having a lot of buyerā€™s remorse at this point, especially since I bought all the very disappointing DLC.

Perhaps I am not helping my case, but an ETA or some sort of an update would be nice. All my players on our server are quite unhappy with me today for being unable to resolve this.

At least a ETA, this so frustrated and by now is getting ridiculous, rollback the update or just give us some light pls

I was crashing as soon as I walked 5 steps, but removed all the non essential mods and it is working great now. I think it might have been the mini-map causing the issue for me. I still have my level 156 mod, the item stack mod and my mod that gives better building placement options.

iā€™m on the same situation, my is a private server just for friendā€™s, everybody is unhappy, i just convinced two other friends to buy the game and they not even got the chance to play yet, now I got burned by the recommendation =/

At the time of your post, it was 12:00 AM in Norway. My reply time it is currently 2:45 AM in Norway. Just a heads up that you probably wonā€™t hear anything for a few hours more yet. More then likely it if itā€™s a crashing issue, itā€™s mod related. This happens every major patch.

1 Like

Aye, Multigunā€¦ but I was hoping. This has been an all-day thing for us. We can remove mods all day long, but as soon as someone presses a button (1 through 7) the game crashes. MODs or not.

1 Like

On a fresh game? Even if you remove mods, their assets are still loaded into memory in an existing save.

Damn it. Yamatai? Look, this is a great game, Iā€™ve really enjoyed it. But from day one it hasnā€™t distinguished itself as a CONAN game. And you take another step further from the metric crapton of lore and source material you should be using. If you were going to appease one fan base by adding katanas, you could have bullshat your way through it by claiming they originated in khitai.

Yamatai are part of the Conan universe.Wikipedia even mentions them.

There are different mods neading care and update after this patch.

So you will have to waite that the modders will update them, or ask for it.

There are also lot of people with servers, ever modded ones, and able to log-in. So it may be one or several of your mods.

I am Assuming Rented server owners still have to manually update mods added to the server or is there a way to have mods update when the server dose a restart now? hardest part of running a mod server is keeping up to date with mod creators at times. have to FTP the updates to the server.

I have found no way to automatically update mods. We are forced to update them manually once we notice that a mod is updated, or a player letā€™s an admin know that they cannot log on and they have a ā€œdownloadā€ notice via Steam. We all wish there was an auto-update mod feature for servers, since Steam forces you to download updates, giving the customer absolutely no choice but to update before you can play.

So, short version, you must update mods manually on your server.

So, are you going to fix logging into the game so it doesnt hang if your second ping check is over 140?
Put it back the way it was before, or even better put it back to the orginal check, once is enough. I dont see
the need to be annoying just to log into a server.

Eh, katanaā€™s have been in the Conan universe for a long time, whether they went by that name or not. And IIRC Khitai is more ā€œChineseā€ than ā€œJapaneseā€ and they never had Katanas as far as I know.

At least theyā€™re - despite the anime-style dashā€™nā€™slash - not uber weapons, which I had kinda dreaded (as some sort of misunderstood application of the rule-of-cool).

Katanas are specialized and very good at what they were invented for, but by no means a be-all, end-all sword. Beautiful, no question, but so is an Oakeshott type XVII.

Could both of you send me a zip file of the Saved/Config folder from your server? Iā€™ll send you the contact details via DM.

It seems I canā€™t update my Exile Architect mod. If I do, all buildings in game explode upon loading, even if all the building pieces from mod are dismantled.

Deactivating the mod also causes everything to explode (even if dismantled, as above), so just making a new version of the mod isnā€™t really an option either.

Probably has something to do with the fact I (somewhat stupidly) used the base building blueprint class as a parent in the earliest pieces instead of inheriting from foundations or whatever as Iā€™ve been doing since. But things probably shouldnā€™t explode either way if the questionable pieces arenā€™t there to affect stability.

And, no, I didnā€™t edit the vanilla blueprints. Iā€™ve triple checked the local content folders.