PC Update (15.09.2020) - Update 2.0: Isle of Siptah - Balance, exploit and bug fixes, and much more!

I’d love to say “official rules” and reporting, but I haven’t seen any communication from Funcom acknowledging that it’s not working out and promising to improve it, so… :man_shrugging:

So you and I on the same page when we say, it will turn into a clusterf…k?? Blocking and taking over selfishly the map won’t change in new map?

1 Like

The problem with outdated mods. Check out the dates of last updates. For me, those that were updated today, worked perfectly

Anyone else having issues seeing their private server on the list?
(using gportal)

All these years you have not been able to fix the balance, bugs, flawed game design. The modders tried to do your work for you, but you destroyed their work with every patch. And now you have completely killed the game by releasing this flawed add-on. And forcing to download 60 GB is disgusting.

I must add the new hair shaders look good! Nobody commented on that yet?

1 Like

I need a little help:

The purge does not work even with admin commands for me. The update is a pretty BIG one, and I don’t have the bestest internet connection, so it will take a while to try the patch and newsies out.

So my question is:
Does the purge work properly (does it trigger)?

Hiiiii there! Back again!

No, I had no intention to read everything, so sorry if these are doubled.

first:
Official EU Servers; 6058 (yep, PvE again)

.pak.
Seems I am not the only one who got .pak corrupt-error right after patch. Repairing works just fine though.

Elevators.
If someone else used them or even if there passed some time since one last used them - even if they are at the lower base, they are kind of… not there. I did not check vice versa, so that may function normally.
One has to run the elevator up and down again, to correctly use them without any issue.
(Without it seems like it’s slippery so the toon fells off/through.)

Flood!
May or may not be a bug, I will think of it as a bug.
It respawns. Thats the first one. I thought they should be over whenever one cleared one, but one went up back again - as my teammate was afk, he got killed. Ouch.

Flood 2!
Same here, may or may not be a bug.
Those thralls tend to fall through the portals again if they are being shot with a bow from distance.
Don’t think that’s supposed to happen?

comment:
I really like the portals themselves. Like the graphics of them. Made me smile. Though it might have been the most obvious thing to do. (Not just by adding a place where they come from, but as a funny way to handle thralls who fall trough the map…) :speak_no_evil:
Also I really like the temperaturerework in terms of armor getting both for resistance. But I think I will look more closely once we managed to get some t4 armorer. Wether vanir ones provide 2 cold and so on.

Also as I missed the stream and didn’t even watch a recording: I love the looks of that isle! A tad flat into the land, but as it’s just “logical” after those storms… I guess one has to be happy enough for it not to be pure wastelands.
OHHH and I seriously LOVE the new light armor! The slave one from the DLC. Looks awesome!
just declared loving obscene clothing and sneaks off

Singleplayer or server?
Do you have your purge bar filled?
Do you have entries in the event log that state started/ended or no entries at all?

1 Like

Singleplayer, and the bar is filled for 6 days. I did not fill it up with console command, it filled via playing the game.
Currently I can’t look into the logs, because… 61 Gb is a biiiig chunk of data to download for me. But if the game stores the logs in a log file, let me know!

Ok, so once you can join, spawn 40-50 t3 foundations and build a tower next to your base with them. See if this will trigger the purge for you. If this works, it means that your base is probably with not high enough building score for you to be eligible for the purge (may happen if you have a bunch of buildings which however are not connected and/or they are build out of sandstone which gives very low amount of points).

If you have in the event log entries about purge starting and ending, it is possible that you have build in a location where the purge cannot find valid points to spawn (near/in water for example).

I must say, I’m rather fond of some of these new crimes that get generated at character creation. I laughed a good bit at ‘incorrect handling of (other word for roosters)’ and ‘expecting the zingaran inquisition.’

1 Like

That might be a problem then. I only have sandstone building pieces, and only 1 wall high. But interestingly, all my workstations, shrines, containers, WoPs are the highest tier ones, and have a map room. I walled my base around with a single coloumn of sandstone foundations so the purge attacks that instead of my house. Also I built my base at Lakewatch right on the western shore (maybe 20 centimeters are in the shallow water…). But they could come from the forest in the north and the west.
I never thought that could be the problem since on my previous character I build a 2x2 sandstone hut with a campfire, bed and a wooden box in it, and that was enough for the purge to attack.

Hola! Is it normal that this update has been downloading since yesterday?

It depends on your connection, I suppose. @Overtkill

Don’t think so. Almost the same downloading time at home and work.

Well, my download speed is not great and the game was ready in about 3h. Some downloaded it within a few minutes.

1 Like