PC Update (16.06.2020) - Update 41: Followers re-balancing, Avatar fixes and more!

Jupp

Privates are not wiped if they have backups. The main issue is I highly doubt Funcom will take the time to restore all the Official server.

Source is every friggin person that logged into the game since the update. Unless you are blind you can see this.

1 Like

Every data base has a back-up in case of hardware failure or software. It’s common sense by now for any online video game to have several back-ups.
There is no wipe.
If Funcom decides to roll back the patch, you’ll find your character and all your belongings as you left them before the server restart.
If they fix the issue with the browser and servers go back online, you’ll find your character and all your belongings as you left them before server restart.

1 Like

Yeah, and exactly non of them have been on official servers since they are down in case you didn’t notice. Whoever has managed to connect to a server has used IP to connect to dedicated servers where their stuff indeed where wiped. Not on the official servers.

Reference to ‘wiping’ privates is based on issues where private server owners have reported on discord that there may be an issue with steam-id and funcom-id names. In that case the logic suggests that players will need to recreate their characters. If that is the case then it may also affect private and therefore be equivalent to wiping. I am hoping there will be an easy solution to resolve it.

1 Like

They arent down, they are just not listed cause funcom messed up the ID’s. They are all online, you just have to direct connect. You CAN connect to official via Direct Connect, you just need to know the IP address of your server you play on. Which is publicly available via BattleMetrics and other server tracking sites on the internet.

According to Nodecraft, which is my server provider, they did something to up the ram usage. My server won’t even start due to hitting the “ram ceiling” whilst booting up. So I tried a singleplay just to have something to do while I was waiting for a fix. But the game crashed when I tried. Not my day to play Conan Exiles apparently. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And if they dont decide to roll back your chances of losing everything are pretty large.

I got a fail and then a Fatal crash trying to connect to private directly. When you did connect, did you need to recreate characters? That’s my only real concern. I am sure the Techs and Devs at FunCom are resolving this issue, or at least will do a formal notification to everyone letting them know. Till then :slight_smile:

1 Like

for that i’m sure they will if this is true, all official are backuped

Yes I had to recreate.

“If a meteor decides to impact planet Earth, than the chances for human race ending are pretty large”.
I bet you wish servers would wipe and you’re now just spreading false rumors so more people jump on your wagon. Stop it. Get some help.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue: that is indeed the Wrong answer… lol
I think I will keep sacrificing players to Crom in the hope something will get patched overnight… #pam-itwasalladream

1 Like

What use to call on him? Little he cares if men live or die. Better to be silent than to call his attention to you; he will send you dooms, not fortune!

:wink:

2 Likes

You really don’t understand how Funcom works do you. You must be new to the game …LOL

Just to chime in. Our dedicated (non official) server is up (direct connect only). everyone who has connected has their stuff/base etc, no-one has had to re-create their dude - test group is small though

We do have daily backups anyway if needed, but I suspect its a funcom/steam id mis match which would cause this, as all players show their funcom ID in player list now, rather than steam (and the backup would still tag someones character to the steam id, so issue would persist even aftrer restore until the patch is corrected and linking the two - database index issue at funcoms end - but this is speculation)

some of our people are having local client issues such as CTD or freezing.

2 Likes

For the time being, we have taken our dedicated server offline and I would advise the same to anyone who wants to keep their playerbase.

When a backup is done, it’s first in, last out, so everytime your server starts (or however you have backups set), a potentially important backup is lost.

There are quite a few mixed reports here and other places. Most direct connects have reverted to a new character, some have not.

It’s your choice, but personally, I would rather lose 12-24 hours than my character.

Regards

jim

1 Like

Really that is rude and not called for to say he must have a cracked copy of Win 7 really surprised to hear you do that , normally you are much more reasonable, second this game is stated to work with win7 as of right now on steam so say it wont is false advertising which we all know is a is a problem in many countries and third this issue has been reported for over 3 weeks by @Shadoza and talked about in a few threads SO FUNCOM were aware it was an issue before the put this update out.

2 Likes

I can’t speak for Official servers, but for those playing on Private servers, you may still be able to connect by using the Direct Connect button. That said, given the reports of players losing their characters, you may want to heed @Jim1’s advice and hold off until you’ve checked with your server’s admin via Discord, etc.

For those who want to forge ahead anyway…

If you don’t know the IP address and port of your server, then visit the BattleMetrics page for Conan Exiles, type in some relevant info for the name of your server, and click Search.
https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/conanexiles/

The “Address” is the info you’ll want to copy (Ctrl+C). Then from within game, click the Direct Connect button…

…and paste (Ctrl+V) into the top box and click OK.

1 Like