Today we’re releasing our new update, focused on re-balancing a few aspects of the game. We’ve focused on followers and world bosses, making thralls slightly less of a powerhouse, but also toning down bosses’ health pools accordingly. The goal of these changes is to increase player power compared to Followers. We’ll continue to look at ways to re-balance the game, and we can’t wait to show you what’s coming in the near future.
With this update we have also fixed many of the issues that affected the avatar system in the game, fixing some exploits that abused them as well as re-balancing some of its core mechanics. They are still not enabled in official servers, but we will let you know in advance once we flip the switch during the upcoming weeks.
Additional to these changes we have also implemented the Funcom Live Services into the game that aims to create a smoother user experience while playing online, as well as removed Denuvo from the game. And together with all these changes, we have also bundled fixes for crashes, server optimizations, some exploit fixes, fixes to Argossean pieces, gave the Abyssal Remnant a wake up call and much more!
Thank you all for your ongoing support and feedback. Stay safe!
Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.
- Introduced a number of server optimizations for code and logs.
- Added a number of optimization and database maintenance features. This may decrease the size of database files.
- Fixed a number of crashing issues.
- Removed Denuvo from the game.
- Fixed an issue where rules of engagement of a server could be overridden to cause unintended damage to structures.
- Fixed an issue where certain pieces could be stacked.
- Implemented a new Funcom Live Services system. This includes functionality for an in game Friends List and improvements to the Server Browser.
- Fixed alignment issues with Argossean Vaulted ceilings.
- Fixed collision issues with Argossean beds.
- Fixed an issue where follower commands would not function correctly in certain sections of the Sunken City dungeon.
- Fixed a number of issues with world NPCs regarding the hate list.
- Fixed an issue where followers would not teleport correctly when leaving a dungeon.
- Archers should correctly use power shot when wielding a bow now.
- Ramps and sloped roofs are AI friendly now.
- Fixed an issue where thralls would not damage other thralls with ranged attacks.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck inside a rhino’s mesh.
- Adjusted leashing distance for the Red Mother. She can now travel a longer distance before returning to her initial position.
- Fixed an issue where thralls could be commanded to damage other players, but could not be damaged back.
- The Abyssal Remnant went out of its slumber and is engaging player characters as intended again.
- Purge NPCs should now respond correctly to targets placed on an elevation.
- Summoning tokens now have a 6h expiration (down from 48h)
- Summoning tokens can no longer be transferred between inventories. As an exception, they can be looted from a player’s corpse.
- Re-balanced followers HP and damage across the board.
- Reduced HP gain by an average 33%. Some high tier followers received an additional 16% reduction on their base values.
- Reduced melee damage by an average 40%.
- Reduced ranged damage by an average 30%.
- Removed the penalties for thralls who use attacks outside of their specialization.
- Reduced the HP for world bosses, dungeon bosses, and group content bosses by an average of 35-40%.
- This brings the engagement length of high level PvE content to similar values as before this patch, but increases the contribution by the player.
- Avatars should no longer be able to damage structures inside a protection dome.
- Players are now vulnerable to projectiles while summoning an avatar.
- Avatar summoning time has been increased to 60 seconds (from 20 seconds).
- Avatars of the same kind can’t be summoned at the same time by different players.
- Reduced health regeneration for critters returning to their original spot after having reached their maximum leashing distance.
- Fixed an issue that would make a player unable to attack, jump or dodge under specific circumstances.
- Lures should be working correctly now.
- Fixed an issue where a protection dome could remain active even after the destruction of its shrine.
- Fixed an issue where voice chat muting wasn’t working as intended.
- Some world workstations could be missing in listen servers. This is now fixed.
- Fixed some missing animations while on horseback.
- Fixed an issue that would render a follower’s health bar invisible after taking damage.
- Nameplates should now be visible when on horseback.
- Followers that have been renamed will now show their custom name instead of the default one in the event log.
- Fixed some spelling errors in Argossean descriptions. #spellchekkerstrikesback
Separate TestLive Product on Steam
We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.
If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.
We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.