We’re deploying an emergency hotfix aiming to take care of some of the critical issues that have arisen after Update 41. In particular, these fixes should address the problem with “lost characters” some players have experienced after playing with the new update. We have implemented measures to prevent this from happening again, and we have added a system to merge the old character with any profile that lost access to it even if those who got affected by it proceeded with the creation of a new character.
We have also addressed a number of crashing issues related to Windows 7, connectivity and logs, as well as optimized some settings to mitigate some of the stuttering problems reported by some players.
With this hotfix, we have also ironed out some remaining issues with the server browser, such as servers with “???” ping (they will now just show it temporarily while they’re getting pinged) or listings that would cause a connection failure.
We would like to apologize for the frustration these issues have caused, and we would like to thank profusely all of you who helped us track down these issues by sending feedback and helping us test out some of these fixes.
Thanks for all the support, and stay safe.
Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.
- Fixed a number stuttering issues.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when starting the game without internet connection.
- Fixed a crash related to a log file.
- Fixed a number of Windows 7 game crashes.
- Optimized telemetry rates.
- Fixed an issue where some players would be forced to recreate their character despite having one in that server. This should restore access to the old character for those who lost access to it, but access to the new duplicate is no longer possible.
- Fixed a number of issues resulting in the server browser not showing correct information or that would prevent correct access to a server. Servers might still momentarily show “???” latency while they’re being pinged, but it will update as soon as the process ends.
Client Freezes - We are working on a solution to this. This generally happens when you are connecting to a server with a mod list that is different from yours. When the client restarts to reload the modlist it starts in a state that will eventually cause it to freeze up. You can get around this by reordering mods on your Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods\modlist.txt manually. We will hopefully have a fix for this soon.
Lost characters - We are also investigating characters that still remain lost. However, you can manually resolve this by completing character creation, logging out, and logging back in again. You should then have your original character back.
Hotfix (June 18 5:15pm EDT): A new hotfix has been released for PC. This fixes a client freeze that could occur when the client restarted after using the Mod Mismatch GUI. It also includes a crash fix related to filtering the server list. Investigation to the other known issues ongoing. Thank you!
Hotfix (June 19th 1:30PM EDT): A new update to PC is out now. This will fix garbled server names as well as an issue where the client continued to ping the server constantly after connecting.