Xbox Update (20.08.2020) - Update 41: Followers Re-Balancing, Avatar fixes and more!

Greetings Exiles!

Today we’re releasing our latest update aimed to re-balance a few aspects of the game. This time we’ve focused on followers and world bosses, making thralls slightly less of a powerhouse, but also toning down bosses’ health pools accordingly. We’ll continue to look at ways to re-balance the game, and we can’t wait to show you what’s coming in the near future.

With this update we have also fixed many of the issues that affected the avatar system in the game, addressing some exploits that abused them as well as balancing some of its core mechanics. They will be not immediately enabled on official servers for this platform, but we’ll flip the switch on Friday 21st (please remember that the change will not be immediate and can take up to two server restarts for it to take full effect).

Lastly, together with all these changes, we have also bundled fixes for crashes, server optimizations, some exploit fixes and much, much more!

Thank you all for your ongoing support and feedback. Stay safe!

notes
performance

• Introduced a number of server optimizations.
  • Added a number of optimizations for server code and server logs.
  • Added a number of optimization and database maintenance features. This may decrease the size of database files.
  • Fixed a number of crashing issues.
  • Fixed a number of stuttering issues.
  • Improved error handling in Peer-to-Peer connections (listen servers).

exploits

• Fixed an issue where rules of engagement of a server could be overridden to cause unintended damage to structures.
  • Fixed an issue where certain pieces could be stacked.

building

• Fixed alignment issues with Argossean Vaulted ceilings.
  • Fixed collision issues with Argossean beds.

ai

• Fixed an issue where follower commands would not function correctly in certain sections of the Sunken City dungeon.
  • Fixed a number of issues with world NPCs regarding the hate list.
  • Fixed an issue where followers would not teleport correctly when leaving a dungeon.
  • Archers should correctly use power shot when wielding a bow now.
  • Ramps and sloped roofs are AI friendly now.
  • Fixed an issue where thralls would not damage other thralls with ranged attacks.
  • Fixed an issue where players could get stuck inside a rhino’s mesh.
  • Adjusted leashing distance for the Red Mother. She can now travel a longer distance before returning to her initial position.
  • Fixed an issue where thralls could be commanded to damage other players, but could not be damaged back.
  • The Abyssal Remnant went out of its slumber and is engaging player characters as intended again.
  • Fixed an issue where it would not be possible to knock out thralls on Singleplayer/Cooperative sessions.
  • Made followers a little less prone to voluntarily walk into the lava in the Well of Skelos and be engulfed in fiery flames as if they were walking outside in Oslo these days.
  • Fixed an issue where NPCs would leash back slower than they should, leaving room for them to be killed without retaliation.

purges

• Purge NPCs should now respond correctly to targets placed on an elevation.
  • Purge NPCs should no longer try to teleport inside a building when they can’t find their target.

balancing

• Summoning tokens now have a 6h expiration (down from 48h)
  • Summoning tokens can no longer be transferred between inventories. As an exception, they can be looted from a player’s corpse.
  • Re-balanced followers’ HP and damage across the board.
    • Reduced HP gain by an average of 33%. Some high tier followers received an additional 16% reduction on their base values.
    • Reduced melee damage by an average of 40%.
    • Reduced ranged damage by an average of 30%.
  • Reduced the HP for world bosses, dungeon bosses, and group content bosses by an average of 35-40%.
  • Removed the penalties for thralls who use attacks outside of their specialization.
  • Avatars should no longer be able to damage structures inside a protective dome.
  • Players are now vulnerable to projectiles while summoning an avatar.
  • Avatar summoning time has been increased to 60 seconds (from 20 seconds).
  • Avatars of the same kind can’t be summoned at the same time by different players.
  • Reduced health regeneration for critters returning to their original spot after having reached their maximum leashing distance.

general

• Fixed an issue that would make a player unable to attack, jump, or dodge under specific circumstances.
  • Lures should be working correctly now.
  • Fixed an issue where a protection dome could remain active even after the destruction of its shrine.
  • Some world workstations could be missing in listen servers. This is now fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where players would not receive falling damage.
  • Healing Wraps will not longer break gameplay effect on movement
  • Adjusted vertical land claim in certain areas that prevented NPCs from spawning.

animation

• Fixed some missing animations while on horseback.

ui

• Fixed an issue that would render a follower’s health bar invisible after taking damage.
  • Nameplates should now be visible when on horseback.
  • Followers that have been renamed will now show their custom name instead of the default one in the event log.
  • Fixed some spelling errors in Argossean descriptions. #spellchekkerstrikesback
  • Added age column in the server browser list. This shows how long a server database has been going on since it was created.

audio

• Fixed an issue where combat music would continue playing if the player’s target leashed back.
  • Combat music trigger is now also dependent on the range, further lowering the situations where it would play indefinitely. #slaytothedrums
10 Likes

Fixing broken things in the game is great and all but what does it matter if the players are slowly losing interest? The game has more secret content than known content, players don’t know about most of the game existing and all they see on the surface is the movement, combat and building mechanics. There is so much content that is hidden such as the underwater city where some cool content can be found through combat. This is all great and all but there are a lot of people who won’t find these secrets, I only recently discovered there was a green version of the red dragon as I hadn’t found its location, the same goes for the underwater city. I believe the proper way to help this game is to add more content and create more things for players to do because not everyone is an explorer. When I say add more content I don’t necessarily mean weapons or armor but rather something new, something players haven’t seen before. Perhaps you could expand on necromancy, maybe make a god based around it or add it to an existing one.

will the update to the thralls affect the ones already placed? or to the ones in a box tamed but not placed? or how about the ones still on the wheel?

1 Like

All thralls, including those already placed.

Curruption detected i uninstalled it and reinstalled it an its the same an if i exit out of single player i get the same message

7 Likes

Seems the new update has caused more issues instead of fixing them. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and still get black screened out of the game. Then When it reloads it says “The game install appears to contain corrupt data. Please reinstall the game to avoid further issues.” Why can’t we just play the game with out all the crashing?

4 Likes

I am having the same issue of corrupt data, is there any fix for this yet?

3 Likes

@Funbags @Hugedork13 @Pantaloons There’s a thread for this issue here:

See also: [Xbox] Conan Exiles Bug Report Guidelines

1 Like

Same here, getting boothed back to dashboard every 40-50 min which not happened before. Also cannot skip intro video and even that is laggy and there is an audio delay in it.

4 Likes

Also the tier three bench thralls no longer make all the exceptional weapons. Please fix these issues!

1 Like

Obviously here are things borked up again. The corrupt data is not resolveable for me.
Having XBox One X

• deleted savegames and deinstalled the whole game with addons
    -reinstalled game with all addons (except nude patch & conans atlantean sword which were not advertised )
  • copied nude patch & sword from my other drive (hint for all: take an external drive & copy those files , then you never loose them)
  • started game.
  1. offline game - no problem with corrupted data (as before reinstalling)
  2. online game - still corrupted data

Essence: Affects online games

extreme lagging in intro screen confirmed. Also the game feels more laggy.
But can skip the cinematic scene after a while.

it is unbelievable, did you not test such simple things like start an online game & leave an online game ? (sorry)

I am not willing to start from the beginning again.
(New char has not been tested by me as it is no option)

level3-fighter thralls from sepermeru now have more live points then my dalinsia or any cimmerian…

the unvisible purge bar in german version (coming from 2 different lines of message) are still not fixed.

This means - refresh base and wait for the next hotfix that solves the savegame problem

Hope you deliver a solution different from making a new game!

4 Likes

Hi, can I just ask one question… When you release an update, did you have anyone with an Xbox test it out before releasing the “update”? I realised within 20 seconds that something wasn’t right, surely a professional would notice the same issues… right? The worse thing about it, you put the game on sale, every possible new exile will see what we see and not play it again. Please give us fans a game we can recommend to people… Or one that’s playable at least. Thanks P.s please don’t remove this as its constructive and universally agreed with I imagine.

5 Likes

I don’t know why they removed your post… They were kind words considering the situation.

2 Likes

I have never experienced this kind of disconnect and blatant ignorance from a gaming developer and their supposed community team before, 3 days out from a “patch” that completely finishes off an already broken game and not one single response from them other than deleting perfectly acceptable and understandable posts critical of the state of the game. I can only feel sorry for PS4 users since you know they will be receiving the exact same broken update.

You would think funcom would be embarrassed and yet you know they are not.

Edit: 5 days and counting still no response, only more and more posts being flagged and hidden. Please funcom for the sake of all Conan fans sell the IP to a competent developer who actually cares about the product and their communities.

5 Likes

Imagine physically buying a product from a shop then contacting the manufacturer to explain the problems you have with it and they treat you like this. Also… To add insult to injury, they know its broken. I’ve bought most of the dlc’s plus the original £41.99 for the game, it’s such a shame because it’s a great game when it’s working even with the constant minor bugs.

4 Likes

Update: game crashing back to dashboard every 40-50min even tho i go offline first.
Re installing the game would fix it? Anyone can confirm please?

1 Like

After Reinstall the Same problems

2 Likes

yes it affected all of my thralls in my private server, they all went down to a generic number regardless of the HP they already had. my buddy has a purge fighter that had 12k level 9 and i had one same thing level 7 at 13k, and thwy both went down to 8345HP and kept their level the same.

dont really care about that, just that qlp thralls and animals have no diet listed, just blank boxes where their diet once existed. Ive read this was a problem a few months back…?

1 Like

Please turn decay off because I can’t get out my base without crashing to refresh other buildings etc. This would stop me and a lot of my fellow gamers from losing a lot of time and pleasure spent, we just want a great game that we love to work properly… That is all. P.s enabling avatars right now is a bad mistake if you haven’t realised it already.

2 Likes