Players are the heroes?

How many well geared thralls have you fought recently? Sure even the best thrall can be killed if you want to spend the time doing it. Though an inventory full of the best healing and the thrall becomes very powerful because it just keeps healing and chasing you down or now with the new AI guarding an area. It is not as easy to get a thrall out of position to where you can bring it into a kill zone. Truth is, if the thrall hits you, you will be running, healing for 30 seconds. Yea you can come back, rinse and repeat for half an hour or more if you want. That sounds heroic.

Basically you are assuming my “you will run” comment to mean you run away and never come back. It actually means you will be running away from the thrall (or boss) a lot because the damage they do does not take 5% of your health, it takes 30% or even 80% depending on other factors.

Why should anyone have to carry around 300 aloe soup just to stay alive?

I can see it now, you walk into the bar at Set City and Conan says “Hey stranger why the back pack full of aloe soup?” to which you reply, “I need it to stay alive because if I get hit once it takes half my health”. Conan ponders for a moment then turns to you and says, “You are a wimp, Crom laughs at you!”.

Probably why Crom will not answer us players, we are not worthy.

1 Like

I would have to make a click macro that fired a heavy shot every 5 seconds, turn it on then turn it off when it dies.

:grin:

I have no doubt you know the game well Rohi. How well could you take on two level 20 geared thralls, after all good things come in pairs?

In another post you said this (I actually thought that was a good post, very knowledgeable)

Could that be because player health is so fragile and if you want to live, you have to run like a “crazed maniac”? I feel this statement by you kinda supports my position.

1 Like

After he was poisoned. Next

1 Like

Players are “new” exiles, thralls have been exiles for nobody knows how long, living the hardened exiled life, do you think you could go somewhere different from where you live now and be as hardy as the people who have been there much longer? Makes no sense

1 Like

by that logic, shouldnt every NPC in the game be super hardy and unkillable, too?

1 Like

This is an argument U haven’t seen enough of. Technically, shouldn’t the NPC be the same HP and DMG as at least the level 0 version of it captured?

If that was the case, the leave thralls as is, and bump NPC’s to match them at level 0 base (including the starting atts). Then try to run through the volcano and or knock out Cimmerian berserker.

1 Like

i confirm, so easy to kill an enemy thrall, even a dalinsia level 20 with best gear,tactics exist, their ia is so bad.

in pvp we had fun to tear apart enemy thrall while we were fighting their master, poison, dagger, arrows so much to use

3 Likes

No, some are there just a bit longer than you have been there, ie the ones near the starting area. They haven’t experienced the hardships of say, the volcano.

1 Like

They havent spent the time bulking up on the wheel of pain
 like Conan. For that matter, neither has our player character

1 Like

Following this logic one step further, it would make sense for the player to start with the same or comparable HP as the NPC’s. PC’s could start the game with 400 or 500 HP and scale up to 800 or 1K. Couldn’t this in itself solve a lot of the balance issues?

No, the logic is I capture a thrall with x and y as HP and DMG, then when fresh off the wheel, they are a and b as HP and DMG.

And no, unless you scaled the DMG up for players, because then PvP fights would be never ending with the uber heals we can get. Then that , in scale, makes the thralls and NPC’s seem even weaker. then they get scaled up, and the circle is never ending.

1 Like

I don’t play PvP, so I defer to your expertise

How much dmg does a NPC cim berserker do? Because I think you are underestimating NPC dmg-output by alot.
They hit pretty strong for a starmetal 2H sword. Same with volcano guys
 (and SoC has 91dmg VS 2hstarmetal 60dmg).

Also its a good question how DMG from NPC is even calculated? Are they having internal attributes? Is the weapon even considered or is dmg just a property on each thrall??

Are the armor and HP values kinda like for normal players or sth completely different?

How high is the armor of the Arena Champion? And have players the same armor/dmg reduction with a flawless crafted version of her armor?

and may you underestimate weapons that you can use

have you even tried daggers ? have you ever tried poison ? have you ever tried acid and poison arrows, have you ever tried firespark arrows and set arows

and have you ever tried all that with dodging
 or simply a shield

and dont you think there is a learning curve in any game ? learn to fight and you will have no problem with arena or any thrall. from time to time they will kill but that normal
 nobody is god and you will be a real heroe if you learn how to deal with that and kill them, and its possible. am not so sure you will be real hereo if they make possible to kill enemy thrall very easily by people who didn’t took the time to learn all mechanism of the game

this is true rigth

There are so many weapon/armour/item variants in the game for people to use like the arrows you said, specter potions for undead, war hammers for aoe, daggers and poisons for living things, sunders for the undead. You can tailor your build to do awesome and heroic things in the game. Thralls have obviously become a crutch that is so heavily relied on. Comments like “dodging and rolling and using a shield isn’t heroic, its boring” are a prime example of what’s wrong with a very large portion of this forum crowd.

I would love some more boss fights like that, with more mechanics. I want bosses that cannot be solo’d. Big raid bosses.

It seems such a shame that there is so much of the games items that go unused because thralls are just the ultimate weapon. Just point it at a boss and wait for your loot.

A stat that should have never been added to thralls is Melee Damage Modifier and Ranged Damage Modifier. They’re lowering it in the next patch. But not removing it.

It does exactly what it sounds like. It multiplies the damage of the thrall. For Dalinsia Snowhunter, she has a 3.9 dmg modifier.

That means a 100 dmg weapon will do 390 in her hands. Before strength and buffs.

Postpatch she’s dropping to 2.2

She will still do 220 points of dmg (before strength and buffs) with a 100 dmg weapon.

If they removed this stat, or simply made it 1.0, and modified what thralls get from strength, then they would be more in line with player power.

I agree they still need high health pools. I remember when they came with the health they had before knocked out and they were pretty lackluster. So they need this for the fact they don’t quite dodge like us and all that.

But all thralls should have a base hp pool, modified by tier (1, 2, 3, or 4). Then the tribe they come from modifies their stats, and then whatever stats they get from leveling (the RNG). That would make for some way better balance and normalize the thralls a bit too.

personnaly i m more happy when i kill a dalinsia level 20 fighting with her master, than a boss

and well if u dont luse dodging in pvp
 hum

fighting ia boss is boring, fighting a human with a thrall is not, that the greater challenge of this game actually, try.

lol ok bud