Platform: Steam
Issue Type: Crash
Game Mode: Online Private
Server Type: PvE
Map: Exiled Lands
Server Name: =SERVER NAME=
Mods: Pippi, Fashionist, Hosav’s UI, Improved QoL

Bug Description:

The server just crashes, host havoc is the host. ConanAttackerAIController.OnAttackOrderTargetChanged ThrallSystemComponent.ServerCommandFollower
[2022.09.22-02.49.59:848][446]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
[2022.09.22-02.49.59:849][446]LogWindows:Error:
[2022.09.22-02.49.59:849][446]LogWindows:Error: Fatal error!
[2022.09.22-02.49.59:849][446]LogWindows:Error: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW
[2022.09.22-02.49.59:849][446]LogWindows:Error: !0x0000000000000000
[2022.09.22-02.49.59:850][446]LogWindows:Error:
[2022.09.22-02.49.59:855][446]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError
[2022.09.22-02.50.00:545][446]LogWindows: FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(1)
[2022.09.22-02.50.00:545][446]Log file closed, 09/21/22 19:50:00

Bug Reproduction:

This is not reproducible through steps. It just randomly happens

Tell the person mashing E on enemies faster than the server can handle to stop? :joy:

Is this a serious reply, if so, link to validated information showing that is happening. Glad this is a joke to some, but very disruptive to our community. I understand software has bugs, but this one seems pretty easy to spot and others are having it.

No, this is me pointing out subtly that first of all the part of the log you emphasized does not tell anybody anything.
It’s a generic stack overflow… it means something happened that more than likely resulted in a function being called infinitely at least that’s the most common occurrence.
It’s always what happens before that could give some form on an indication as to the cause. So when posting logs always make sure you post several lines of what happened prior to the crash… as “stack overflow” or “access violation” does not contain any details

You did include part of what was happening before: ConanAttackerAIController.OnAttackOrderTargetChanged ThrallSystemComponent.ServerCommandFollower
This here is the most important part of the report… and it tells that the game didn’t specifically like something about the event handler function that runs after the followers change their target.

As such, my response was a comical one due to lack of any other information to go on. And no, I don’t actually think a player is pressing the button fast enough to fill up the stack… but there wasn’t much else to say on this…

After this post though I’ve seen the other thread with 2 other users posting this exact same thing, one of them specifying the full line that you omitted from the report and also explaining that it repeats thousands of times in the log before the crash - so yes, more than likely some scenario causing an infinite loop.

The issue is obviously on Funcom’s side, since two of those reports in the other threads claim they have no mods installed at all. One of the users mentioned that it happened once when there was a single person online.
I made a comment there that a scenario like that is literally their best chance of tracking down what’s causing the issue so that they may give a better report to Funcom. Because if there was only a single person online… simply asking them what they were doing might give some insight, since the issue is obviously related to the follower system.

I asked there whether by any chance they were using zombies? Why? because it’s a new follower type that has been introduced and you get multiple followers at the same time, so they probably touched the system in some way for them.

But yes, these are all assumptions and you would need to be able to reproduce the issue reliably for an easy fix, there’s always the chance though that Funcom sees this report and they’ll realize why would that function be repeating itself so many times and fix it.

In the meantime… yes… take it easy with that E button :stuck_out_tongue:
I hope this explains it better why I replied the way I did… basically nothing you can do based on this information until you either get more information or Funcom just randomly discovers and fixes it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.