PS4 Patch Notes (04.07.2018) - Exploits, Thralls, Decay Updates

I’m done with this game. I play solo offline and the game never saves properly. Logged off, restarted I lost at least three hours of progress. materials and journey steps. Ran around for two minutes game froze up. Restarted, 4 workstations gone . I’m still pissed from losing my level 60 character and save from before this patch. New patch, new character, same problem now at level 45. I have played many hours and enjoyed most of them but to keep losing progress like this is ridiculous. Done. over.

8 Likes

Kedryn I have some info I am going to post on here in the next day or so when I have a little more time to go into detail. Something I think might be causing it after I tried testing some things. Thank you again for your info.

1 Like

Cool, look forward to it. I’ve not been playing as much, waiting for them to come back. No loses on this 1.16 game yet for me but I’m only like mid 50s, still only 1 thrall down that’s not a crafter and bases just starting to be finished. Was still doing shorter sessions. Crashes mainly on the few long ones I did while my GF was out of town.

Though the stations removing fuel so they don’t restart, broken fish traps\beehives\wells, screwy thrall issues when fighting are annoying enough anyway.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m there with you. I think I’m going to move on until the next patch

1 Like

I did the same. Got me the new God of War and I am having a blast with it.

And speaking of survival games, at the end of the year, besides Fallout 76, we will get Subnautica which is a way, way better survival game. So right now Conan Exiles just takes up some space on my HDD, while waiting for these people to get back from vacation and get their bearings. But honestly, I am not holding my breath.

5 Likes

Really wish I had my PC, lot of great games out since I’ve been overseas. Was happy to see Subnautica coming to PS4. I’ll buy it here as well, if I’m still in Asia and not working. I picked it a couple years ago in early access and enjoyed it even then. That was certainly an early access done right, the times I dropped in to check on progress.

4 Likes

Kedryn… this is what has happened with me. I started over because the other save got corrupted. I proceeded to make sure I saved pretty regularly at either a bed or bedroll. I built a pretty large base. Pretty much a castle with a bunch of exterior walls and everything, multiple floors and such. Everything fine. I spawned in all of these items as well. I then added work stations galore, storage space and everything. This whole time the game worked perfect. No issues. Occasional lag but after I would save it would stop. I killed multiple creatures and farmed a bunch of iron. No issues. This was all over a week and a half. Some play sessions were an hour others for like 5-6 hours. But no thralls as I still was thinking thralls were the problem. Then I decided to stop using the admin command to adjust the time of day to noon and add lights. Now i added around 120 hanging torches. My base is quite large. Still no issues. The next day when I got on I was missing some roof pieces. Here and there. Random pieces. I replaced them and saved again. Played for a hour and then got off. Got back on 15 minutes later and the roof pieces were gone again. Same pieces. Thought maybe it was support problems but checked them all with hammers and none were detected. Replaced and saved again. Got off soon after. Only level 42 at this time. Got on the next day and got my first blue screen crash with the error within 5 minutes of starting. Roof pieces were also missing again. Restarted game. Roof pieces are gone again. Fixed and got off the game. Next day. Half of the base was missing. Still no thralls at all. So here I am now.

It appears that none of this started until the torches went up. Everything was fine before. No crashes at all before, no missing items before. Never added thralls because I thought it might be a memory issue. Now I am thinking it is still a memory issue or a graphic issue dealing with the hanging torches. Passing this along to you to see what you think.

4 Likes

Makes sense to me. I’ve not used any lighting at all on this play through. All the work benches. All have thralls. Smallish open floor design base. Zero crashes, lock ups, or blue screens and no save corruption but I have not played for several days and probably won’t until the next patch

3 Likes

That is odd. You expect to take a hit with lighting, especially dynamic lighting where users can add as much as they want wherever they want. Don’t know anything about the UE engine, maybe someone with knowledge could speak on that specific issue. I’m still only rocking 4 wall torches at one base, not played in a few days.

I could see some memory pressure causing issues, but no clue why you’d be losing those same pieces over and over after confirming it was not a support issue. Especially if not losing any progress so it was a busted save. Very odd indeed.

Maybe some UE dev or serious modder can give some insight.

3 Likes

opino lo mismo

1 Like

Well, I finally gave up and uninstalled this game. It was almost fun while it lasted, but it didn’t last too long. When all this started to feel like swimming against the current I realized I expected maybe too much from it. I am a patient person but I don’t like being lied to or taken for a fool. Promises and failed patching and even more failed fixing is not my cup of tea.

So I wish good luck to the rest of you I have come to know and converse with, some of you know where to find me whenever you want to (or not). This is the end of the road for me, there is so much to do out there besides brooding over compulsory vacation times and an ill-spent $50. I wish I could have left saying that I will be back in ‘n’ number of months to check it out again, but no. It’s not worth it.

Have fun and good luck, exiles!

8 Likes

Anthony, your disappearing building pieces problem is another coincidence. Unfortunately you will need to analyze your building with a repair hammer and support the problem pieces. This means avoiding either/both of the decorative beams.

Please be as specific as possible :sunny: are you meaning the Hanging Braziers? If not, can you tell me which torch option you selected?

1 Like

i quit funcom FK U Ban Me lol

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out

Yes hanging braziers. And no I do not use decorative beams for this very purpose. I use regular pillars. In fact reinforced stone pillars or insulated wood pillars. And when I do not use pillars I use stacked reinforced stone foundations. I have checked them with repair hammer. When I put them back the say it is 40 percent. Pretty sure they are not suppose to disappear with that.

That’s good info, man. Thanks.

Is there a thread that I can post existing bugs on my server? just to be noted by the devs and hopefully fixed and when Is the next bug fix there is all kinds of madness going on with the bugs in the game

2 Likes

server us pvp 3560 gone any reason why?