PS4 Performance and technical issues - Feedback thread

Honestly, it sickens me that a game company wouldn’t test their own patches for console, and they even post guides how to be a pro game tester? Guys, seriously start issuing refunds!
We are not your beta testers we paid for your product!

Which was a mistake! Back to Ark for me!

Please keep the thread on topic. For general discussions of the game, we have a separate section for it.
If there is any bug you wish to report, please open a new thread providing as much constructive information as possible.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Ps4 Pro, Multiplayer PvP, offiezieller Server:
Seid kurzem treten wieder extreme Leistungsprobleme auf die sich darin außern das man in Kämpfe mit pve gegner stehende wie festgenagelte gegner hat die scheinbar bewegu gs unfähig in der Gegend rumstehen. Wenige sekunden später hat man dann nur noch die hälfte des lebens und im nächsten augenblick ist der Ladebildschirm da weil man getötet wurde, diese geradezu extremen lags in denen sich die Gegner quasie teleportieren sorgen für dermaßen Frustration das man die Ps4 Pro plus game am liebsten aus dem Fenster werfen möchte.Desweiteren werden beim fällen von Bäumen oder zertrümmern von Felsen diese unsichtbar bis diese nach dem ablassen con oben genannten irgendwann wieder Materialisieren…

Ps4 pro user here.
Bought the game yesterday with all dlcs.
Install game with latest update, starts single-player/coop session.
Have massive stuttering while running.
Now I see this have been an issue for months, can you get a refund on PlayStation network I wonder?
Feel very cheated that I can’t even run in the game. What else is there I mean…

2 Likes

What’s worse is that the game is free next month on PlayStation Plus. You got duped.

Good luck. I tried to refund a game (my first time) and Sony declined because I had already downloaded and started the game. I mean how else was I meant to try it if I’m not allowed to even download and start the game? Ridiculous.

Ps4 slim user . People I have talked to have had great improvements using a external SSD on ps4 pro. U can probably find more information on this forum

Yeah got duped big time, thought hey here’s a survival game I want half price that’s great.
Guess I should’ve looked in PlayStation plus before buying! Lesson learned.
But the fact the game isn’t running very well is something that makes the whole thing worse.
Even get stuttering inside my first little hut that I built, that’s crazy.
The game could be fun if it wasn’t for the horrible stuttering, and I wouldn’t feel so cheated like I do now.
Trying to get my money back because of a broken game leads nowhere, Sony tells me to contact funcom, funcom tells me to contact Sony.
Great.
And response from funcom was also to get a ssd drive to run the game, so I should put down 100 euros at least when I already spent about 48 euros getting the game and all dlcs.
Meh…

I’ve got an SSHD hybrid in my PS4 Pro which does absolutely nothing for the stuttering. I know it’s not a proper SSD but it does speed up loading in other games quite significantly. It doesn’t help with Conan though.

What’s funny is that I tried Conan Exiles on my 7 year old PC during the free play weekend and the load times in it were a fraction of the time compared to the PS4 version. There was also no stuttering whatsoever. Quite clearly they focus development on the PC version while neglecting console users.

2 Likes

Got the game today. Everything looks great.
However, I have to say that within 3 hours; My game crashed twice.

I played single-player with co-op enabled. However, none of my friends were online.
The only player building in the world was a small hut consisting out of 5 foundation tiles, all walls and ceilings, a bed and a chest. Door included, of course.

I was just walking around, gathering items, nothing special.
Suddenly, the game froze for about 1 second, then playstation came up with the “Error” screen and started to collect and submit the crash information according to it’s automated protocol.

While it has not brought down my opinion of the game just yet, I do worry that these crashes may become more frequent as I progress in the game.

I wanted to let the developers know about this issue, and I wanted to ask whether anyone has further suggestions for me regarding this situation. Please note though, I have already seen some suggestions come by and I am not in a situation where I can buy an SSD or SSHD. I play on a normal Playstation 4 without any hardware changes.

Sincerely,
Speedie778 :heart:

2 Likes

Hey @Speedie778

Welcome to our community.
Please make sure to send the crash report through the PS4 dashboard once prompted so our team can get a look at them. We’re currently working on fixing some of the most common crashes our team received that way.
Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

I will try to do so! Thank you and good luck!

I have experienced very little if any lag after the update. 3 different officials, massive bases. the new load building before place-ables is great as well. The unnamed city has brought some gaming back. Really enjoying game again.

2 Likes

I am having huge performance issues on my PS4 pro. I love this game. It stuttered on my PS4 but once I upgraded to the PS4 pro it becomes unplayable sometimes and I have an ssd external drive. Sometimes my base doesn’t even load in. But my friend can see it. I absolutely love this game. Spent money on a server. Bought all the dlc please please fix this.

2 Likes

Sadly you should have checked out these forums beforehand. Funcom has been dealing with the issues your experiencing since launch. I hear the PC version is the most playable but I just can’t see myself spending 40$ more for more bugs.

2 Likes

Hey there @Ktjo31

Our team is looking into the performance issues on the PS4 Pro and the crashes affecting the console versions. As always, if you’re affected by a crash, please send the report through the PS dashboard so our team can access it. For performance regarding the PS4 Pro, our team is scanning this thread so please feel free to share as much information as you can about it.

Regarding this issue, we have been tracking down that one on PC for a while and we issued a hotfix for it this week. We’ll release it on all platforms soon, along with a few extra fixes.

I was just walking around, gathering items, nothing special.
Suddenly, the game froze for about 1 second, then playstation came up with the “Error” screen and started to collect and submit the crash information according to it’s automated protocol.
While it has not brought down my opinion of the game just yet, I do worry that these crashes may become more frequent as I progress in the game…

Quick update: My ps4 freezes whenever it tries to collect the crash report. Therefore, I reinstalled Conan Exiles. So far, I have only had one crash in 6-8 hours of play which certainly is an improvement.

I did notice one thing; My game is more likely to crash whenever I’m in an inventory screen. Maybe that information can help you guys.

As always, good luck!

Live, Love, Burn with life, Slay and Survive,
Speedie778 :heart:

2 Likes

This has been reported before. It happens to me a lot as well. I’ll open a crafting station, then open my inventory. Then close a screen… and boom crash. Or, I just put a bunch a stuff in a cooking station and start it and boom, there goes blue screen. Welcome to the community!

3 Likes

The freezing/stuttering issue has been made much worse by all the new players. The server is packed with people, and the anyone on the river is taking their blue screen in their own hands.

A friend in another clan had a purge at his river base. We had the hardest time finding them because they were destroying every base around his. We like to wipe out the waves to capture the named thralls. They partially destroyed three separate bases before it was over, none of them the base they supposed to be going after.

I had a purge a few days ago, and it was a nightmare. The lag was so bad, I blue screened right before the first attack, and then again in the middle of a wave. The guys helping me couldn’t understand me on chat, so they were busy knocking out named thralls and killing the rest, while hoping I could tell what they were doing. The thing is, they couldn’t understand me, but I could hear them perfectly.

We’ve all decided, and I’m talking about four clans that play together regularly, that we are doing as little as possible to advance our purge meters until this mess is sorted. The number of players who won’t stick around makes this experiment not fun at all.

I haven’t that problems on ps4 pro, but my brother have it on ps4 fat.
I have one crash on pro since last month. He have it every day.
So there isn’t version problem.

1 Like

Hey guys. Please spend some money and hire decent programmers. Thank you!

2 Likes