PS4 Performance and technical issues - Feedback thread

Awesome! Will check it out after work this afternoon.

You said aim to improve rather than fixes/removes stutters does this mean that internal testing wasn’t entirely successful?

A good patch !
I feel optimistic, I think that after this patch Conan Exiles is ready to leave the alpha test stage and finally enter a cautious closed-beta period !

1 Like

We want to be cautious in how we phrase our patch notes. As this is still an ongoing work in progress, we do not feel confident to claim all stuttering has been eliminated. Rather, we kept progressing towards our objective of making performance be more solid. The upcoming building optimizations would be another step towards this goal, and so on.
For the time being, we’re interested in knowing if you felt a noticeable improvement regarding performance while playing the game. In particular, the annoying stuttering and lag at random locations.

I’ve only played for a brief moment this afternoon but from that small sample it did look like performance had been improved significantly. I did still get a stutter or two but they were very mild and nowhere near as often or as severe as they were prior to this hotfix.

@Ignasi Did you get my message and video about the ghosting? What do you think?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Awesome, this is such a welcomed fix! I can hardly wait. Thanks for the good news Ignasis.

2 Likes

I made this into a thread on it’s own but then came across this. So I’m adding this in here in hopes it will come across the right eyes.

This has been taking place in the Official PvP server #3833. There are many player made structures and our clan’s “Compound” is indeed one of if not the largest base on this server. There are many thralls and pets that cover the area. We do experiance lag, skips, freezes and crashes. As well as other issues such as not all the thralls or pets eating, thralls and pets “vanishing” or falling through flooring/foundation and building sections not loading in. The last of witch I believe has allowed players to loot benches that are indoors before the wall loads in. However the reason for this thread is as follows.

“For the past week I have had several members of a separate clan troll us by destroying our buildings and dropping all of our items on the floor to “rot away”. This has gone on in a server that claims to have specific raid hours. (5pm - 11pm) As of the writing if this report, it is 0200 on my birthday morning and I still have to repair and fend off these trolls. My clan members and myself sadly are disgusted by this and my members have stopped playing about two days ago. This is a big misstep and apparently has been exploited by many players. I really like this game but after a week of this I may have to move to something else until this and some other major fixes come into play.”

Originally this was it’s thread, figured I’d post it here, too.

So it’s 2019 now, and ps4 pro still appears to be absolutely broken. I’ve reinstalled 3 times, and I simply CANNOT fight mid/high-end enemies. I can’t even see what I’m attacking 80% of the time. They’re just invisible enemies until they load after 2 minutes of dodging the wind. I play with 4 other people on a server and none of them have this kind of graphic lag on their normal ps4’s, and one has the EXACT same problem on his Pro, including the same slow texture loading that the regular ps4 doesn’t have. It isn’t internet based. We’ve tested this by bringing the ps4 to the house of the person with 0 net issues.

I don’t know what to do other than complain at this point that you very OBVIOUSLY have either a testing team of armless mutants that aren’t sure how a video game works (since they don’t have the hands to play them) and give you the go-a-head to release, or you have no testing team at all.

I could go on to continue to list things that are still mindless problems, but this is the biggest one that’s literally making the game unplayable outside of floating around and building in godmode.

Fix. Ps4. Pro. Performance.
Fix. Ps4. Pro. Performance.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Install the game on a Ps4 Pro.
  2. Play the game.
  3. Die to the invisible ninjas.
  4. Die to the invisible ninjas.
  5. Die to the invisible ninjas.
2 Likes

Hey @xxmattattackxx

Our team is aware of the performance issues affecting the Playstation4 Pro systems and they’re looking into it. For now, some users suggested that installing the game into a SSD hard drive (external or internal) seems to greatly reduce the effects.
We understand this is a frustrating situation and we appreciate your patience while we’re looking into it. Thanks.

While I appreciate the potential of a solution, I also feel it’s outlandish that you’re suggesting I spend $100+ to simply make a problem on the games end more tolerable. Hopefully the team decides an unplayable game is a necessary feature in the near future, since they haven’t done so in however many months it’s been broken so far.

1 Like

Matt you have to understand something, and believe me, I feel you 100%.
The following is my personal consideration, of course.

CE on PS4 was greatly rushed, at the moment of the launch on the psn market it was basically a PC version of the game with PS4 interface, so it barely ran.
If you think is bad now you forgetting how it was on day one…

So, Funcom is actually developing the PS4 version now, “patch” after “patch”, which in reality are pieces of the ps4 version after pieces of the ps4 version that are getting released.
We played an early Alpha on day one, we played an early beta in the following months, that is now clear to me.
I never agreed with this commercial policy, even if dictated by extreme financial situations, because it is us, the final users, that pay the cost.
But in the end, I decided that I want enjoy the game, because I am a big fan of it, so I now run it on a SSD as well, with very little problems remaining.
As I wrote you in your dedicated thread about the issue, you can spend your days complaining about something that is clearly not ok, (and you dont have to convince me, because what you are saying now is what I said for months and months here), or enjoy the solutions available right now (SSD)…or again, wait until Funcom actually make the PS4 version run decently by default, and in all honesty good luck with this last option.

1 Like

So far I have bought 2 copies of everything game dlc another ps4 for my wife oops turned out she loves it and renting server because of aaahhh people on some servers. One can drop money into the game. Do I spend more to get more out of the game maybe.

Why are you renting a server? If you’re only playing with your wife you can do that with a co-op single player game. This is what the missus and I have been doing.

On second thought why have you bought the game twice? If you buy it digitally you can share it across two consoles in the one house hold and both play it together at the same time. You also only need one PS Plus subscription to do this.

I rent a server because it’s allowed us to interact with people from Australia to the UK. And we have friends. We have 2 Avatar on each ps4 allows us some flexibility. We did play coop in the beginning. I got the game day one. I wasn’t complaining about the money we spent more about getting across that if you want something you figure out a way to pull it off. Per the hour this is cheap entertainment. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I won’t continue to complain, because this took me multiple months & reading something that randomly set me off enough to push me to even getting on the forum to voice my distaste. I recently put a 4tb drive in my ps because I really enjoy jumping from game to game, it suits my a.d.d. I can’t constitute putting an external sdd because of that.

The thing that frustrates me the very most is that this game is great. I truly enjoy the content. Just seeing months of posts where functionality of literally not being able to combat things is “being looked into” got me all hot and bothered.

SO I updated my PS4 internal to a 2TB Seagate Hybrid and the stuttering has reduced greatly. Like everyone is saying it improves most over the first 3-5 log ins. If you leave it going for several hours throughout the day, lag will increase a bit, but this is probably the PS4 itself just being hot. I still get crashes but not due to lag. It’s the buffer overrun thing when you put a ton of stuff into a cooking station. I still do get stutter, but it is super slight in comparison and the aggro stutter is a lot less prevelant, although still there most of the time. In my opinion, for a port of a PC game of this nature, its a lot closer to playable with the Hybrid drive and the start up load in is WAY shorter. I highly recommend this to anyone using a regular PS4 for combating stutter/lag/load in.

I play Official PVE Multiplayer 3519.

1 Like

Hello all. Just had a technical question and was wondering if there is anything that can to done by a player to improve online multiplayer game performance? We play online official servers and the other day just after the new update was a breath of fresh air, me and my clan logged into the official server we always play and we could not believe how well the game was performing. It was amazing, no stuttering or lag, no jumpy mess and most importantly, no teleporting and jumpy players and creatures! This was the first time that we were able to go out and have an amazing time adventuring together we were so happy,

I say we were happy, we logged back in yesterday to the server stuttering worse than ever and freezing and hard crashing!

My game froze five times in a two hour period, this has never happened on this server period, we have had hard crashes but never freezing.

Our main problem is the jumpy, teleporting players,

Here’s an example of what I mean exactly

While adventuring we usually appoint one of us who can actually tell directions :joy: to be the navigator and lead the rest of us
We can’t fallow each other because all of our avatars teleport all over the place and even fly up in the air while just walking a streight line…

Normally this wouldn’t be a huge problem (exept it really is) but we have a few newer players whom we are trying to show the ropes to and they are dropping the game and playing something else because they simply can’t get into the game because as new players, this makes the game unplayable.

These aren’t random people we met online but family members. And they are trying their best, and sadly wasting hours on their time trying to play the game and can’t pick it up, because it’s so buggy they’ve given it a fair chance and a half and are probably done with the game they’ve been very frustrated with it and it’s really sad because they really want to play it but they are having too many difficulties

My uncle has actually taken some screenshots which I will probably be posting on here shortly showing what exactly other players are seeing on their screens while we are doing regular rudimentary tasks such as running around our base crafting.

Long story short, again is there anything that can be done on the players end to improve performance? Or are these just internal server issues? And why after the patch was this game running better than some offline single player games I’ve played just to get to the point a day later that we can’t even leave our base again?

Also had a suggestion for the devs, if it would In any way help maybe give a little performance edge

Just a suggestion, while playing the other day we were having so much trouble we said heck, let’s open up the options and dumb down graphics and animations to let the game run smoother and see if that helps… and we realized there aren’t any options to change.

No graphic options to toggle shadows, or clothing animations etc.

No options to turn off certain graphics to improve game performance

Most every game I’ve played has this and while I’m only speaking from experience and not a devolopers point of view this has been an amazing tool for making things run well when they just don’t want to run at all in some cases.

Also, and again I apologize I need to get snapshots but wildlife spawns are broken right now.

We saw three Gators spawned inside each other yesterday clipped together and they couldn’t move. Also there are way way WAY too many Gazelles spawning down the river from us now! We killed everything around and watched everything respawn and counted, we have a spawn point where 15 Gazelles pop up within very close proximity to each other, and one of them is clipped into the ground after spawning and after a few seconds starts rising to the top of the map

Kinda odd lol

Anyways huge fan love the last update and I really look forward to the day that official servers run like they did two days ago. That was FLAWLESS and I want to give a big shout out to you guys for that

Hello Funcom,

I am a Conan Exiles official PvP player, and I’ve experienced quite a bit of issues lately. My main concern is that on all official PvP servers that I have tested and played on, ALL crafting stations including thrall wheels of pain, progress stops multiple times daily making it nearly impossible to gain any progress while I am logged off. I have located the source of the problem in the activity log, and it seems that servers are being reset multiple times daily. All crafting stations will be returned to ‘stop’ position whenever this happens. I can understand that there must be at least one daily reset, and I have been logging on early to account for that and turning all my stations back to the ‘play’ position. However, (for an example) my main server reset at 2am today, 6:30am, (I awoke at 7am to reset my stations) but then it reset again at 7:17am, shortly after I logged off. I got back on and realized this later today. Is there any end to my loss of progress? Is there intent for this to be fixed? Online official PvP servers did not used to do this, and the unruly amount of server resets is quite ridiculous. Please help.

Hey @Nomad3894

We’re aware of that issue and a fix for it will come bundled in the upcoming parity patch.
Please keep this thread for performance issues only (framerate, stuttering and so on)

Mode de jeu: [en ligne | Jeu solo]
Problème: [Crash | Bug | La performance | Divers]
Région: [FR]

[English: you are not to all the bug of the multiplayeur n’est toujours pas réglé sur un problème, c’est impossible de jouer. restez en contact avec votre communauté et comme il le fait pour vous. Le joueur 2 ne peut pas être récolté si l’hôte n’est pas assez proche et le village ne se charge pas. Et dernière a choisi de faire quelque chose a rien, rien de changer une partie prendre de la place. rembourser au moins les personnes à niveau la…

Anglais: vous vous moquez de nous, le bug de l’arc en mode multijoueur est que les stations thermales sont encore très figées, il est impossible de jouer. Dites-nous clairement si vous ne vous souciez pas de votre communauté et que l’on saura qu’il est inutile d’attendre. Le joueur 2 ne peut même pas récolter si l’hôte n’est pas assez proche et que le village ne se charge pas. Et dernière chose à quoi sert votre mise à jour? rien, rien à changer sauf à prendre de la place. rembourser au moins les gens pour niveler le…]

Étapes à
suivre pour reproduire ce problème: 1.Multijoueurs
2.Coop
3.PVE PVP
4.Tous Mode

In the patch before last, you guys had finally addressed stuttering and load lag( I was thoroughly impressed). It appears you were so pleased that you decided to walk yourself in to another wall. Every issue with loot lag and stuttering has returned. Roll back the last patch, guys…and for the love of God, test the next one before release. You have quite literally destroyed your own progress.

PS4 ( regular , not pro)
Server #3651
USA

1 Like