Purge Is Not More Reliable In Fact Its Broken

We build small house in noob river island beach, most of the foundations are on beach some in water
Purge happend in roof of house, are island purges bugged ?

If the Purge has no route to your base (remember, NPCs cannot swim) they will spawn in your base. It’s apparently kind of intended behavior to prevent players from building completely purge-immune bases on islands or high plateaus.

yes but the island is not builded just small hut in the shore, all of the island is free to spawn

Wait what? How do i accomplish this? I am and Admin on a server, and i was wanting to redesign my base. And then thought about having to destroy stuff 1 foundation at a time, so thought yeah, i guess i’ll just put in another torch to spruce the place up :slight_smile: .

Shift+Delete will delete a single piece, then additional adjoining pieces if used in quick succession.

Ctrl+Shift+Delete will perform a deletion of objects within a certain radius. I don’t recall how big a radius, mind you, so might want to do some experimentation after making a backup first.

1 Like

The problem is that there are moments it doesn’t work like intended.
Had the case in bases completely accessible to have several well working purges, then one spawning inside. Why this, no clue.

Also, i think while i understand the behavior, i understand that it can be bit frustrating to people if not able to build on bigger island. If there is enough place all around the base, and ever more, this could maybe be handled in a better way.
In CE we have lot freedom to build, but the fallback purges are restricting this lot again. Of course, it’s still a case by case, and mostly hard to tell without seeing the specific location and built base.

thanks. i’ll test on sp to see the “radius”

1 Like

I like the broken purge system.
Yesterday we had a 3 wave, 3 named purge.
Each named came with 3 waves.

and now I can make Legendary repair kits :open_mouth:

1 Like

Does anyone know if single player purge is bugged ? I get no enemy variety - only lizard attacks in Jungle every time. Purge level doesnt matter.

1 Like

Hey @syx

Our team is aware of that problem and they’re working on a fix.

1 Like

I can trade you some starved exiles for some lizards ? :laughing:

I think, it depends area, southern are the starved exiles, like in many other places.
I tried different places to make bases, but mostly only have these two mostly.

So
 Science goes on.

I chopped the Camp 24 and Pagoda “branch” off from my main network of bases. I was wandering the Northlands (near the Wardtowers) when a Purge was triggered.

Today’s Purge was
 drumroll Starved Exiles!

And they targeted the base at the southernmost edge of my network. Although the amount of collected data is still insufficient to make any real conclusions, anecdotal evidence would seem to suggest that in the case of a continuous network of bases spanning multiple Purge regions, the Purge picks the weakest option and attacks a part of the network that’s eligible to be attacked by that type of Purge.

The pace at which I manage to conduct my science is glacial. I really need to remember to crank up the Purge lever at some point. Need more data.

1 Like

Curious also to see your results.
I altered the settings, and tested different things, but it’s time-consuming still.
But ever with purge 5-6 had starved exiles.

But of course, would need more tests over a longer time, in still more places. I need a clone ! :crazy_face:

Still thinking also about number of players in a clan, and if and how this can/would matter if ever. Player on a server, and then the singleplayer tests, where purge is acting still differently again.

Hey there,

Our team fixed internally the issue that made Starved Exiles the only kind of waves most players got purged with. This fix should be released in an upcoming patch soon.

2 Likes

Damn, I guess I need to improve my defenses. A single T3 Bearer thrall with a truncheon may be sufficient protection against Starved Exiles, but may be less effective against an Undead Dragon or something.

Oh, forgot to mention, but the latest Starved Exiles Purge included quite a few Black Hand people too, including some named T4 ones (same as last time). Could you please check if this is intentional, as they’re a lot tougher than Exiles and could come as a nasty surprise for lower-level players?

EDIT: I just checked, I also got Airk Strong-in-the-Arm in that Purge, and unless I (and the Wiki) am mistaken, he’s a Heir of the North. How did he lose his way so badly that he wandered south with a Starved Exiles Purge? Again, is this intentional?

Yeah I got Starved Exiles last night and they included Black Hand pirates as well as Beri and Airk from the Nordheimer faction. Being the generous sort, and noting their poor health, I naturally invited them in for some hot gruel and “physical rehab” just the same. The Children of Doom (Doom’s Children) don’t discriminate against hard workers.

Except Darfari cooks
 we don’t trust Darfari cooks. :grimacing:

1 Like

Last week had Bandits (Black Hand, by the look of it) attack my base in NW D13. Can’t recall if there have been any patches between then and now though.

And yes, Purge Alchemists seem to exist only in myth, I don’t think anyone on my server has ever seen one. :frowning:

Clone, reporting for duty :slight_smile:

All I can add at this point is from cell N5, near the Pagoda.
My nightly purges were:
Lizards, lower level, first online purge, had laid down maybe 50 foundations
Lemurians, got called away just as it started, logged off and let them have at my hyenas, little damage
Lizards, higher level with two boss crocs, more damage, but was using sandstone and expected it (got one key for much later)

This is online private PVE server of which I am not admin. Purges are set at level 6. I am progressing through the mid 30s in level. Purges are restricted to have at least 1 clan member online, no offline purges.

I am a solo clan, but friends with another one. Will ask them about their experience tonite.

Hope this helps but if not, please ask for more info.

Regards

jim

1 Like

There is, but I assume the bug that affects only Starving Exiles spawning in it’s designated areas also affects the others spawning in their own areas. I loosely counted, there are 35-40 total different events that can spawn in various areas, but aren’t being seen because of the bug.

My guess is that the term “Exile” is loosely used to mean any faction since everybody in the Exile Lands is considered “Exile.” Purge data table shows that named Exiles will spawn during the event.