PvE Official #1502 Crashing Nightly

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: PvE
Region: North America

Starting earlier this week, PvE #1502 has been crashing every evening, and the time keeps getting earlier with each passing day. A few days ago, the crashes were at 10:30pm, then 10:15 the next night, last night was 9:45 only to crash again a few minutes after it came back up, and tonight’s was at 7:30pm (still down).

Myself and the other players keep using the server report page, but figured it was worth raising the issue in here so others can chime in, and the devs can pull the game.db to inspect see if they can find what’s causing the instability.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Play on #1502 in the evening.
  2. Be minding your own business when you and everyone else gets DC’d.
  3. Open server browser, see the server still shows players conencted and attempt to reconnect.
  4. Confirm with others on Steam that no, they aren’t able to get on either.
  5. Stay on the loading screen until you get the Pending Connection Failure message prompting you to submit a server down report.
  6. File a server down report, and wait for gPortal to do their thing, hope it doesn’t crash again within 5 minutes of coming back up.
4 Likes

Wanted to add that the daily reset that used to be around 10 minutes, now takes upwards of 30.

2 Likes

FYI here is a log of all the restarts so you can see the pattern…

Just crashed again, an hour earlier than last night: 6:30pm ET, barely into the start of the purge window. :weary:

BTW, I’ve observed that it takes nearly 30 minutes now for the server to come back online after the daily shutdown in the morning. That really doesn’t seem normal to me.

EDIT: Timeframe of tonight’s crash now that it’s back up:

2 Likes

Suggestion: One of the players on this server also plays on EU #1005 where they were having similar problems. In their case, they said that a second scheduled reboot was added to each day’s cycle that has pretty much solved the untimely crashes like this.

@Ignasi, @Hugo Is a second reboot (perhaps an hour before the Purge window opens) something we could consider for #1502 and other heavily populated servers where this is an issue?

2 Likes

Online Official
Server Crash
US Official Server 1502
US/North America

This problem is now much more than just annoying!!! The US Official Server 1502 now crashes on a daily basis. Almost like clockwork, early evening or later. Other servers seem unaffected. Please look into it and fix the problem!!!

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Playing game
  2. Everything stops, back to main screen, Server Crashed EVERY DAY at least once.
    3.Everything stops, back to main screen, Server Crashed EVERY DAY at least once.
    4.Everything stops, back to main screen, Server Crashed EVERY DAY at least once.
3 Likes

Looks like we were both composing our posts at the same time. :sob:

2 Likes

Yes we were it seems. I am so frustrated that this is happening so frequently now. It started like late December but it was like maybe once a week or so. Now it is daily. It’s ridiculous that it should take this long and let it get to where it is now for anyone to do anything about it. I hope they get the message soon and come up with a fix especially when most other servers are unaffected.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.