PVP Combat Mode Changed

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Combat Mode change
Server type: PVP
Region: NA

My server has always been PVP Combat Mode. After the restart this morning for the update, it is now listed as PVE. How can I change this?

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1 Like

Gportal team fixed this issue with a ticket i had in with them.

1 Like

Same problem here. Its damn annoying. I had to shutdown my server, delete the serverconfig and upload my adjusted one again.
in addition the region type is deleted and filled with " - - - "

1 Like

Nope, i throught it would but happened again after building damage time was over.

This has been happening on my server also. My Server Rental is through Host-Havok, and my server even without restarts has been switching back to PVE and some settings keep resetting or disabling Namely building Decay keeps turning itself back on and bunch of my other settings keep going MIA or flat out disabling including my MOTD.

I’ve been in contact with my providers and they’ve confused and puzzled as to why. Only started happening with one of the last large updates. Settings refuse to stick and my server is PVE-C but it keeps switching back to PVE

the guy just said he toggled PVPenabled off, restart, toggle back on restart and it stuck. gets annoying though as i have had to do this 3 more times since then. But it did work

This is still continuing to happen. Gportal says its Funcom. This needs to be fixed.

Hey @CromsHammer

Our team found a repro case for this issue and they’re looking into it, but they’re currently focused in a couple other critical issues first.
Apologies for the frustration.

1 Like

Not only the PVP to PVE change but also the mod list disappears on the right column in the server browser. For me anyhow, the bug takes place at the exact moment an Admin uses the button “Make me Admin” in the server settings, or just using admin controls. Its 100 percent links to admin use. Server will remain under the correct settings until an Admin tries to do anything on the server.

Once an admin logs in, we found out that the serversettings.ini file gets modified and some of it’s lines deleted. In particular, PVPEnabled=True, so adding that one manually would solve the issue with the mode changing.
Our team is looking into it right now and we hope we’ll update y’all with positive news soon. :slight_smile:

So, upon extensive testing, adding the line manually does not fix this issue. It’s still ongoing. Literally have to restart the server to fix it. The PVPenabled line is still there and doesn’t go away unless I delete it myself. After doing that and re adding the line, still doesn’t fix it. Unless there is another way that someone has found.

Figured I would post an update about this. I found that if an admin inputs the password in the Server Settings menu, this will change the mode instantly to PVE. But if you use the console command “makemeadmin ************” this will not change the mode to PVE.

Has anyone else tried this?