Question about companions in fight

@Tascha I would like to ask: Will the player be able to let his pet (i.e.a Rhino) attack a door/gate/wall? Will this be possible? Or will there be a trick to force a companion to attack a gate?

They act exactly like a thrall, but with the animal attacks. I wasn’t aware of a way to make thralls attack a gate, but if there is, it would be the same trick.

If you can get the gate to attack you the pet or thrall should attack the gate…lol

2 Likes

But can I force them to attack when I will be hit by a hostile thrall, let’s say a bowman thrall of another player is shooting you from above a wall. Will your pet rhino now try to reach the hostile thrall and try to raise down the wall he is standing on?

Nope. The way it is now the wall must aggro you and hit for rhino to react :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh that’s a pitty, because this would be a logical behavior for a pet companion and a cool feature anyway.

1 Like

Giving even rudimentary commands (“be passive”, “be aggressive” for example) to Thralls and Pets is one of the more popular suggestions I think. Currently we only have “follow”/“stop follow”. Which admittedly works most of the time.

Being able to assign specific targets would be even better. I’d love to be able to tell my “bodyguard” thrall to stay back if I chance upon a choice thrall to tame while out and about. Because you can be sure that while he’ll happily stand passively until a tiger takes a big bite out of my ■■■, he’ll slaughter that Arch Priest in double time. Giving him a Truncheon works, but you’ll have to be quick to achieve that before the target is dead.

2 Likes

Improving the Thrall AI as described would be a great feature for the thrall system and the hopefully upcoming settlement system.
So what Order would be useful in fight?
Right now we have: Follow/ Don’t Follow
@Mikey suggests: Attack Target/Stay Back
Another Order could be: Support Target
So what do you think Exiles? Are there other orders which would make sense? And how could they implemented in gameplay?

1 Like

I recently started a thread in suggestions for an AI Overhaul for NPC's, which covers most of the basic commands and expands upon them. Suggestions and fixes on the order of a Settlement System patch that is for every mode of gameplay (solo, pvp, rp, pve).

Regardless of which mode you play, everyone wants to see more than brain dead zombies standing still and slowly eating at your food supply. Expanding the usability of our thralls would be excellent since they are working on a siege mechanics overhaul in the near future, and we definitely need better guards.

1 Like