Raw food for animal give poison damage

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Misc
Server type: all
Region: America

for some reasons when i gave some raw food to my pets, i noted something not right, all of my pets get damage by feeding raw food and it took poison damage, i tested by cooked food and they don´t get poison damage.

samples:

I had the same problem and did some testing, here is what I found so far:

• This happens when you click on the “Use” button of the pet menu and the food is in your pet inventory

• The effects applied are actually based on how eating that particular food would affect you, and not the pet
    (So yes, this would seem to be a bug)

• This does not happen if you simply place the food in the pet inventory

EXAMPLE:
putting a stack of cooked meat in your horse inventory and clicking “Use” will give your horse the sated buff
Used a horse to eliminate unknown variables since meat is not part of a horse’s diet

putting a stack of raw meat in your cat inventory and clicking “Use” 3 times will stack 3 food poisoning (like your picture shown above)

so it would seem the programming logic right now is stuck in limbo looking at your character diet and not your pet diet when clicking the “use” button of the pet menu

2 Likes

So it registers as YOU used (consumed) it, but since it’s in the animals’ inventory they get the buff foods would give to you?
Do you have the first survival perk unlocked?
I always just throw the max stacks of foods, thus giving me and my animal no problems.

1 Like

Hey @loco36

Thanks for the feedback, it’s been relayed to our team so they can look into it.

i got the perk on survival so, im not getting posion but my pet is other ocasion

thank you

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.