Red Mother Bow is broken op on thralls

If you want to chase their butterflies go ahead but I feel this will change soon and we will all be standing there with a group of boy scouts sitting around the campire in a couple months because they are back to their pre 9900hp useless state. Personally, Ill kill mine when that happens to hopefully stock up on alchemical base from packs

Fighting player thralls is PvE (Players versus AI). PvP is the actual fighting between two or more human players. Raiding is attacking and damaging structures.

So for a PvPers point of view: What is the current PvP “META” attribute build? And which armor is involved?

Only counter I’ve heard is shields and environment. Shields are garbage, as I said, and I shouldn’t have to juke around trees that may or may not be in the area to ensure that ~1/3 of my health doesn’t get chunked away from a bearer with red mother bow lol

This thread is about fights with a bearer/red mother bow following someone, not necessarily thralls defending the base

My bearer Don Thelpup is an absolute moron lol :joy: most of the time he just stands there watching me get pummelled and the odd occasion he wants to attack it’s usually a named thrall I’m trying to knock out. Yeah no problems watch those 10 t3 fighters beat me to a pulp and do nothing but this t4 blacksmith, he needs to die :man_shrugging:t2::man_facepalming:t2::cry::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Wait, which is it? Are they a counter to projectile weapons, or garbage?

That said, it does seem bearers may do too much ranged damage in general.

1 Like

Reprasing for you : Shields are a garbage, but the least bad solution against projectile weapons.

Sounds like exactly what shields should be to me, then. Making shields an effective counter to every weapon would make them too strong, wouldn’t it?

3 Likes

That would imply shield being balanced. Which they are not since they are garbage.

1 Like

They are garbage, but they are useful? Still doesn’t sound like you’ve made up your mind as to which it is.

1 Like

No my mind is perfectly made up : Shields are garbage and you’r a troll.

So I am in PVE-C. I can see the issue the PVPers are having because thralls really are a tough bunch.

I usually play an Archer. So the Reach of the Red Mother is truly an amazing thing for me. Id never let a thrall carry it. It is for me.

I would not want to see it nerfed.

Spears Nerf
Bows Nerf

At one point in the beginning shields were the meta. That was a while ago. But they were the meta. The people freaked out about Hammers and Axes.

Shields are completely viable against arrows.

I would suggest using the Festering One and the shield to melt the thrall down. Or any high damage weapon with reaper or scorpion poison on it.

You can always carry a second weapon with you?

But if you are the current light armor spear setup that thrall is going to eat you with arrows. As it should really.

Bows are the anti spear build!!!

You want to go against a decent archer you need heavy armor a shield and one handed weapon. Thats the build that counters bows. Run that meta with a bow thrall of your own???

2 Likes

One should be able to just chop flying arrows in half with a Katana.
Let the weeb flow through you.

2 Likes

Flow through and pool as the fetid swamp it is behind you :grin:

I meant the only thing suggested to be a counter is shields, but they aren’t actually a counter in the PvP I’m talking about. If the thrall is not following a player then it’s a different story.

I’m not talking about archery build with red mother bow on players. Red mother bow is perfectly balanced, it’s just the fact that bearers can use them with at least 70% accuracy and do a third of your health with each shot.

Katana is my absolute favorite weapon to use in PvP just because of its potential. I’ve earned a rep on my server for being a god with a katana :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:.

Of course I still need to use a spear, gas arrows, or explosive arrow/bomb trick to finish people off because katana will never hit somebody running away unless they run into your face lol

So being able to have an arrow slice guard/counter mechanic on katanas would make me orgasm

3 Likes

Re-read. He said not to nerf the weapon. Just make it not usable on a thrall, or at least in PVP.

reducing the pvp dmg dealt by thralls would be more viable solution which wont affect the pve gameplay.

3 Likes

Shields should counter Daggers, spears, bows, and swords, but they should lose to hammers, maces, and axes. The best way to handle balance is almost always some variation on the RPS system.

1 Like