Regarding mod loading order

Hello there, could someone check my mod load order please? I know that everybody asks for this, I just want to be sure that its at least somewhat correct, since i keep having some trouble loading textures but i dont really know why… :confused:

Pippi.pak
ModControlPanel.pak
ModAdmin.pak
TotAdmin.pak
TotChat.pak
TotImmersiveHud.pak
RoleplayRedux.pak
RAFantasy.pak
GrimProductions.pak
immersivearmor.pak
Deadlands_Armory.pak
Beyond_Forge.pak
EvilsCabinet.pak
HighmanesArsenal.pak
Tutorial.pak
TestingRaceMod.pak
All_in_One.pak
SvS2.pak
SvS_Extended.pak
RavencrestCouriers.pak
Shanis-Stuff.pak
Beyond_Decor.pak
Beyond_Decor_II.pak
Ancient_Architect.pak
Asghaard_Ancient_Civilization.pak
SandAndStone.pak
GCam.pak
GCam_60.pak
BarbarianBarber.pak
Nocturnal_Warpaints.pak
Devious_Desires.pak
CarryMod.pak
maleNewFaces.pak
femaleNewFaces.pak
ExilesExtreme.pak
RA.pak
Improved_Quality_of_Life.pak
LCDA_bestiary.pak
DungeonMasterTools.pak
No_Building_Placement_Restrictions.pak
UnlockableContainers.pak
StacksizePlus.pak
Underworld.pak

1 Like

If you are having trouble with a specific texture from a mod item, move that mod further down the list. Having not used all those mods together, at first glance it looks fine, but if you have an issue, that’s what I can suggest.

Im not missing textures from items actually, but from the map, that’s what annoys me… It forces me to re enter the game so they load… but it only lasts for 2-3 minutes… :pensive:

Ahhh so in light of that comment, I do have some suggestions. If the map is not loading properly and that means you have to relog, that points to a level streaming error associated with a mod that edits the map. I see you have both eewa (I think that’s tutorial.pak) and underworld correct? It could be they are both editing the same camp level or are interfering with each other. If this is your server, I would remove one or the other and see if each works fine on their own. It could be that they work totally fine when loaded individually but when combined create your problem.

That’s definitely not a good mod load order… :smiley: Because it doesn’t contain any of my mods :joy:

But yea, what @darthphysicist said above, if stuff is “missing” then that could be a cause, yes. It could also be a basegame bug being amplified by the added loading times.

In any case, in general regarding modlists the approach should be the good old “If it aint broke, don’t fix it” :slight_smile: In your case you do have some issue which is quite a good reason to troubleshoot the load order, however if you add your mods in whatever order you do… and you find that it works okay, then just leave it be.
Most of us try to make our mods as compatible with others as possible so a large number of mods even on your list absolutely do not care where they are on the load order, which is a good thing to keep in mind.

Other than that the game loads them from top to bottom, so if 2 mods change the same thing and the “thing” in question is something that is a static asset like data regarding basegame stuff, the one further down will overwrite the one above it.
For example the Iron Broadsword can only have one damage value (provided you’re modifying the base game one and not creating additional copies), so if a mod changes the damage of this sword to 50 but another one further down your load order changes it to 20… then when your game loads that sword will have a damage of 20 because the mod further down the list changed the same value after the first mod changed it.

That should give you an idea of how to move things around if something doesn’t work that you would expect to. You’d move that mod below one that you think edits similar things etc.

1 Like

I see, thank you and Darthphysicist for your answers :smiley: I’ll try moving / removing EEWA and underworld to see if i can fix it :smiley:

EDIT: Sadness… as new user i can’t tag him :rofl:

1 Like

Took me 6 hours… but I found it! If you get to the bottom of it, I’d be curious to know the answer. I kinda keep a mental repository of all things mods… comes in handy now and again.

Oh, also, be sure to keep a backup handy though, those aren’t the kind of mods you can just remove without consequences in most cases, depending how far your world has progressed, however hopefully it’ll be fine.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.