Religion System Overhaul 2.0

I have two sources of lore here for you Tuffman. During this post I will also answer @Sir.Henry.Vale question as to whether or not Crom has any rival gods in Conan lore.

Crom is known to hurl Star Metal Meteorites at his enemies Ymir and his Frost Giant children in battles…AND a group of Cimmerians who were foolish enough to ask him for direct aid during one of those battles. Here is a shortened version of the incident:

1. Crom destroyed the majority of the Cimmerian village of clan Lacheish. One of the clan made the fatal mistake of praying to Crom; to make matters worse it was while Crom was doing battle with Ymir, who is a bitter rival of his. Not happy to be disturbed by the feeble whimpers of a mortal, from the top of his mountain, he reached up into the black void amongst the stars, grabbed a rock, and hurled it at the man, sending a flaming ball of rock and molten metal into their village, killing nearly everyone.~Age of Conan.

*Note-another member posted a full version of this event in another thread. I would very, VERY strongly recommend that you and other members have a read, as it is extremely interesting. Heres the Link.

Star Metal is also commonly referred to as ‘Cimmerian blue steel’ throughout, which only Cimmerian blacksmiths posess the skill to work.
~Age of Conan.

1. Star Metal is also percieved by the Cimmerians as a gift sent by Crom, who also believes in the freedom of man. ~Conan the Adventurer.

There you are gentlemen. I am happy to regale you with more Crom lore if you would like. It is a specialty of mine.

2 Likes