Server Management: Whitelisting based on SteamIDs

Hi team,

Before I begin, I just want to say that I’m incredibly excited for the full release of Conan Exiles. I’ve put so many hours in lately and I just super excited.

As far as my suggestion goes, I’d like to see if it would be possible to include a server player whitelist option so that only certain players can join/connect to the server based on SteamID authentication. Password only authentication is nice, but you’re having to put faith in your players to NOT give the password out.

I’m an affiliate broadcaster on Twitch, and as part of my subscription rewards is access to privately hosted game servers like Minecraft, 7 Days to Die, and soon Conan Exiles. On both Minecraft and 7 Days, account-based ID authentication has been really effective.

As a server admin, using this type of authentication creates less work for us having to issue a password, and change it to then redistrubute to those who you want on the server.

I’ve seen a few threads similar to this that aren’t fresh, so I thought I might try my hand closer to launch.

Cheers guys!

3 Likes

That is the exact thing i was looking into trying to get working for me. Kinda sad to see that they don’t have that as a config setting yet. Would love to able to add it to make it less tedious, and invasive. Every time you log in you have to redo it.

1 Like