ServerTransferServersWhitelist setting does not appear to function

Thanks! I was hoping to get a big glob of them so I don’t have to hunt down a bunch of IPs :slight_smile:

1 Like

So @GritaHeylsdottir, just to clarify: Is it correct that this setting is still not functioning for you either.

No, it is not working, even when I attempt to transfer with primary (non-family share) account. Kanura confirmed that my config file setup was correct.

I was about to try transfer from official, though, since I have an open slot in one of the servers. I will need to wait for the cooldown to expire, however. So I should know soon.

I attempted to export my character from official server 6105 to private server 192.169.83.19:7777. I used the server transfer settings below:

ServerTransferEnabled=True
CanImportDirectlyFromSameServer=False
ServerTransferServersWhitelist=(“172.107.16.242:28100”)

The outcome of this test was a “Error processing transfer on Server during Deserialization: ImportFailed” error. I didn’t attempt to turn off the whitelist and transfer as I did not want to lose the character; I was able to salvage the character by transferring it to 1530 instead. This is a character I have exported/imported in the past, from 1600 to 1530 to 6105 (and now back to 1530.) I will try again in three days with a different official PVP server character which has not been transferred in the past.

I attempted to export my character from official server 1589 to private server 192.169.83.19:7777. I used the server transfer settings below:

ServerTransferEnabled=True
CanImportDirectlyFromSameServer=False
ServerTransferServersWhitelist=(“172.107.16.197:28100”)

Again, the “Import Character” option was available, but on import, there was another “Error processing transfer on Server during Deserialization: ImportFailed” error. I removed the ServerTransferServersWhitelist setting from the private server settings file, and I was able to complete the transfer.

How could private servers differ from official servers such that the server whitelist feature no longer worked? It is noteworthy that the “Import Character” option from officials is available when the setting is active (whereas, the button is greyed out when the export is from a private server and you can’t even attempt the transfer) What can cause the Deserialization: ImportFailed error message to appear?

Could be the type of port you are using in the whitelist?

Could be, I don’t know why they would be different. The IPs and ports for my servers are their direct connect addresses. I don’t suppose it hurts to try the other port :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.