ServerTransferServersWhitelist setting does not appear to function

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: 1
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

ServerTransferServersWhitelist setting does not appear to function.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Server transfer settings on server 192.169.83.19:7777 in ServerSettings.ini:

ServerTransferEnabled=True
CanImportDirectlyFromSameServer=False
ServerTransferServersWhitelist=(“69.162.97.125:7777”)

1. Server transfer settings on server 69.162.97.125:7777 in ServerSettings.ini:

ServerTransferServersWhitelist=(“192.169.83.19:7777”)

1. Attempts to transfer a character from 69.162.97.125:7777 to 192.169.83.19:7777 do not succeed and the character creation screen shows a “CANNOT IMPORT CHARACTER” button. When the “CANNOT IMPORT CHARACTER” button is clicked, the popup message says “The character does not come from a whitelisted server.”

2. When the ServerTransferServersWhitelist setting is removed from the ServerSettings.ini file for 192.169.83.19:7777, I am able to complete the character transfer without any issues.

Does anyone know how I can get the server transfer whitelist setting to work correctly? Is the port supposed to be the direct connect port or is some other port used for character transfers? Is there something wrong with the syntax?

Bonus Question: is it possible to add comments to these .ini files?

2 Likes

I am currently having the same issue when trying to turn on the Server Transfer whitelist for certain official servers to transfer into my new private one.

From my ServerSettings.ini

ServerTransferServersWhitelist=(“172.107.182.189:28300”)
ServerTransferServersWhitelist=(“45.35.98.44:28200”) ;Official Server 6154
ServerTransferServersWhitelist=("172.107.179.73:28100”) ;Official Server 1530
ServerTransferServersWhitelist=("172.107.179.121:28100”)

I have already exported one of my character off of Official Server 6154, but when I get to character creation the Cannot Import Character button appears greyed out as described.

Is this feature actually functional? Any chance we can get an update on this? I’m trying to get my private server up and running and the absence of this feature basically means that private servers have to disable server transfer entirely or risk trolls from off server.

1 Like

Thank you for your report. We’ve sent the information to our team for them to investigate.

Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

1 Like

I tested it today, and you are able to transfer while the servers are password-protected. My less than ideal solution is going to be to have a day when transfers are active (probably a weekday), password-protect the servers, and provide the password to my known players who wish to complete transfers. However, it would be really nice if this feature worked as managing that will be laborious :P.

I believe the “ServerTransferServersWhitelist” setting is supposed to take an array as a value, so I would think that adding multiple whitelisted servers would look something like this:

ServerTransferServersWhitelist=("172.107.179.121:28100”, “69.162.97.125:7777”)

1 Like

I am pretty sure that both servers need to be whitelisted as you said, this is the format a couple of other settings use as well. I am not 100% sure which port needs to be used but I assume the one you use to connect when you use direct connect from the server list.

1 Like

I’ve tried that. The Game Port does not work.

For clarification: are you saying that the ServerTransferServersWhitelist works as intended if the servers are password protected?

No, that is not the case. It’s just a workaround to having the server completely open when I’ve turned on transfers without the whitelist setting. I have to trust the players to not port in characters from outside servers.

1 Like

hello dear funcom employee, I had an unfortunate incident while I was trying to transfer from 1080 to 1095 server with a lot of material on me, I had an unfortunate event, the game found me errors please help me I had all the learnings of both maps of the conan exiles map and the items on me are very precious to me, I can’t play with my friends please fix the bug or my character is doomed to self rot, please fix this bug as soon as possible.
Nickname V A L K R Ä° E

hello dear funcom employee, I had an unfortunate incident while I was trying to transfer from 1080 to 1095 server with a lot of material on me, I had an unfortunate event, the game found me errors please help me I had all the learnings of both maps of the conan exiles map and the items on me are very precious to me, I can’t play with my friends please fix the bug or my character is doomed to self rot, please fix this bug as soon as possible.
Nickname V A L K R Ä° E
Discord Lequerza#1903

In testing internally and with official servers, the whitelist feature seems to be working correctly. If you continue to have troubles, reply to this post with your serversettings.ini and I can take a look. Good luck out there!

Help All I am trying to do Is report a failure to transfer from Official Server 1730 to official Server 1738 I Don’t know how i got to this page and even logged into this forum this is so complicated just to let someone know what happened
I Have screen shots server numbers Character name HELP Or Direct me to where i need to go

Ok It says i am new user and i can not upload the screen shots of the errors Character name in Hebrew
English Angle = פינה e mail oy22630@gmail.com

Please Give Direction

Thanks, it still does not appear to be working. Does the fact that I’m using a Family Share account to perform the tests have any bearing on it? I’ve attached the ServerSetting.ini files (changed the admin pw on these and had to change the extension to upload them.) I only attempted to transfer from 192.169.83.19:7777 to 69.162.97.125:7777.

69-162-97-125-7777 - ServerSettings.ini.txt (7.0 KB)

192-169-83-19-7777 - ServerSettings.ini.txt (6.9 KB)

Hello, I have the same problem, I was playing in exile and I went to transfer my character to Siptah and it gave an error. Please help me, I can’t have lost the character out of nowhere. The transfer made was from the Official server #1976 to #6307, my IDFuncon is Spiritfay#02239

@oy2263 @jehh @lequerza

Hi,

This topic is discussing the server transfer whitelist function.

You need to report account specific issues like lost characters through zendesk.

Good Luck!

4 Likes

I’m not sure if my last message was received, this issue remains unresolved.

1 Like

I will be testing transfer with a non-family share account, will post results here.

@Kanura Can we get a followup on Grita’s Server Settings please? Are they set up Correctly? Also, I included a chunk of my ServerSettings.ini in my original post.

Sorry, she PMed me… they were setup correctly.

@Kanura using a primary account did not work either… my husband tried to transfer a primary character yesterday and it didn’t work with whitelist on. (Then his character got deleted when I turned it off and he tried again, but that is a different issue as it has worked for me in the past. This is the second time this has happened to him, and he is done with the game now.) I am going to try one more time with my primary character, but I am not expecting different results.

I want to try whitelisting the official servers and see if I can transfer a character from one of them with whitelist active. Is there an available list of the official IP addresses that I can copy into my config file? I’m assuming this is the feature you’re using to control transfers between the official servers?

You can look at the Game.ini in the ConanSandbox/Saved/Config folder as mentioned here:

Battlemetrics is also an option, it lists the IP address for the Conan officials that have been added to it, but it only works for older servers so I wouldn’t recommend it. Simply go into game and favorite the officials and then you can see their IP addresses in the Game.ini to use in Server Whitelist.