Several Questions

Game mode: [Singleplayer]
Problem: [Performance | Misc]
Region: [GER]

Hey guys,

I’ve got several questions to CE. I play on PS4:

First, ist the Jhebbal Sag religion already available on PS4? I can find the teacher and talk to him, but I can’t do anymore… no button to learn the religion or something.

Second, is it normal, that the performance of the game on ps4 gos down when you built much and so on. The more I build, the more npcs I “recruit”, the lower the performance (especially at my home base). Often, it gets close to be unplayable, including lags of 2 or more seconds.

Third, what is the characteristic ability of the waiter-thrall (or porter?). He doen’t have a greater inventory as other npcs… do I make something wrong with him?

Fourth, is the star metal orb problem on ps4 already fixed? I tried several times to break the star metal orbs open (with different explosives) but without success. Yesterday, I tried it again and suddenly it works without problems… I can’t find useful information here using the search button…

Thanks for request. :wink:

Greetz

1 Like

Re: bearer (porter) thrall … no mistake he/she does only have the same inventory space as any other thrall. What is useful though is their head piece bearer pack as you can remove it from them and wear it yourself and it gives you a +5 encumbrance bonus when you wear it.

Nope, it’s still in TestLive, which is PC only (or in other words, it’s not available on Live servers for PC either).

Depending on how much you build, then yeah eventually you’ll start having hiccups. There’s no limit to how much you can build (unlike, say, Fallout 4) so it’s unavoidable that if you build excessively huge structures, the limited hardware of the PS4 (limited compared to a top-tier PC) will struggle at some point.

As @Kwalya said, he has a backpack you can steal and use yourself. Other than that, they serve no function whatsoever. You can use them as underpowered fighters, I suppose, but they won’t be worth their food cost come the next update. I still hold out some vague hope this will eventually change, especially since there’s different tiers of bearers (up to named T4’s) that are currently all identical (ie, useless once you have a backpack).

Ok. Thank you for your request. :slight_smile:

Eventually another question: I found a key that was dropped from the gigant spider boss in that special gigant spider cave. I can’t find a matching chest in the cave itself. To which chest does the key belong and where can I find it?

Assuming you’re talking about a “Skeleton Key”, the name is a hint to its function…

It will fit in any “boss chest”, which is usually found near the spawn point of a boss monster (like the giant spider). It won’t open unless you’re level 60 though, which seems an odd limitation to me: if you can kill the monster, you should get the loot. But maybe there’s a reason for it that I’m not seeing.

Anyway, point being that the key doesn’t have to go in a specific chest, any of the legendary chests will do.

1 Like

you can always give the key to a level 60 that you trust so he can open a chest for you and give you the weapon.

1 Like

Exactly that’s why I don’t understand why the lock is there in the first place, but it’s not what I’d call a big deal by any stretch of imagination.

1 Like

Does this “Skeleton Key” match to any boss chest or a special boss chest?

Sorry, for the konfusion. I play the German version in which the key is called “Dietrich”, what means “picklock” in English. That translation is totally misleading. But I mean definately the “Skeleton Key”. I’ve already heard of this level 60 boss chests, but the bosses nearby the chests are nearly invulnerable against my attacks until now. Accordingly, I’ve paid little attention to that chests so far.

Like I said, I’ve searched the complete boss spider cave, but I couldn’t find any chest near the boss spider…

Yeah, any will do. As for “lockpick” that is a bit of an odd translation, but the term “Skeleton Key” does refer to a key that will open any lock (or any lock within a building, say) rather than just one particular lock. Maybe there’s no matching term in German?

Maybe that odd translation are supposed to show that aspect of the game you mentioned… I don’t know… :wink: “Dietrich” means in German a thing that can probably open every lock. A “Key” normally opens a special or single lock… In German, you have to explain what chest a key will exactly open or the term “key” makes less sense… anyway.

1 Like

Funny thing those idiomatics… In portuguese it would be called “chave mestra” wich literaly could be translated to english as “master key”. However it seems to be different and would change the sense. As “Skeleton Key” would means a key that would looks like a skeleton or a skull if it was literaly translated. All sayings seems to be different due to the idiomatic expression but means the same thing.

Yes, that seems to be a “problem”, but not one that can easily be solved… :wink:

Btw:

How can I “survive” the extreme cold in the temple of frost? Do I need a level 60 armor for this or is that also possible before?

You can survive extreme cold before reaching 60:
set your vitality atribute to 30 and you’ll have passive healing wich allows you to survive there. However, it will not heal you whyle you’re being damaged by cold; it will only avoyd your life bar decreasing and if you get hit you will have no way to heal yourself unless you get out of there.
If you have no way to set your vitality to 30 you still can survive there by combining spice food and alcoholic drinks (not vine, because it will decrease your temperature) such as absinth and warm clothes. Even that torch that you can craft with coal will help you a bit. And if you’re thirsthy, avoyd drinking from your canteen: bring some purified water that will not decrease your heat.

Ok, I altered my skills. I’ll try it.

Another question:

About the new feeding pod for thralls: do they consume only the food they like or eat they everything that is in the pod. I placed any kind of food in the pod, but the only consume they prefered food… (that’s the only food that “disappears”)… I don’t get the mechanics behind that feature yet…

They will consume any food. I found if items of their preferred food was in the thrall pot that they would take that first…even if it was the last item in the pot.

If you do not put any of their preferrred food in the pot, then so far they seem to take from the first available stack top left, so I advise stacking food with the shortest decay time there and longer decay timer foods further down.

PS: try mulled brew to increase your warmth as it does not make you tipsy or give you a headache.

Some new questions:

I used my “Skeleton Key” (from below) to open one of this level 60 chests. I found some legendary daggers. But I can’t repair the daggers. My best available weapons repair kit (the best you can craft via talent-three) is beyond the level of the weapon, the game tells me. Even my level 4 smith can’t repair it because “you don’t now how to repair them” or something, perhaps because I don’t have the recipe of them. Is there a possibility to repair such legendary weapons?

Further, I killed the skeleton dragon boss, I get the artefact, but I don’t get the matching ps4-trophy for killing the boss. Is this a bug?

Yes, but only blacksmiths captured during a Purge event has the recipe. These may or may not currently be bugged, I’ve personally never seen them spawn, neither has anyone on my sever to my knowledge, but then I haven’t had enough human purges to make this statistically relevant and the rest is ultimately rumors.

The Purge itself may or may not also be bugged, the meter certainly is - it’s not known whether this means Purges are available since the meters never reach the threshold to spawn them.

In one of the last purges in my singleplayer-game appeared a named blacksmith, but before I realized that completely I allready killed him. In every purge with human enemy since update 34 I’ve seen at least one level 4 thrall. But which one of them currently appears seems to depend on coincidence… I already catched an archer, a warrior and a yog-priest.

Currently, I deactivated the purges because I want to explore some map parts withourt purge pressure.

By the way, the purge feature works since update 34 in my singleplayer game. Before, there were no purges although the purge bar was full and I didn’t deactivate the purge feature… I don’t get it…

Yesterday, I killed the undead dragon again. Then the trophie pops up. Problem solved. Before, I larded him with poison arrrows from below. Maybe the game didn’t realize that I killed the dragon. This time, I killed the dragon via close combat.