Share your Shelter

The first is “pride in constructing”, then something about Wolves, maybe his tribe name? That second one says “Free for All”. I don’t think he means to block anything, Perhaps offering a road to everyone? He seems to speak a broken Latin, I tried looking up Greek and Italian with it but no luck >.< Try linking a translator to him and asking him to try using that?

2 Likes

seems to be some catalan/northern spanish accent maybe some latin as well

I wish I could translate the words “No further: Roads claim the land in/with your name” to his language.
How were you able to discern his words to accurately?

Was it Catalan?

I asked a friend who knows Latin, and then tried translators. I tried Catalan in translator and it just said the same in English and tried areas around where I thought they would speak Latin, to no avail.

It’s fine… in the end it turns out he can speak english, just had his global chat and voice chat turned off…

He wrote back on roadsigns along his roads in response to my signs along the blockade.

I wrote back that he simply needs to turn on global chat -_- Gonna add him on steam. If he refuses, then his guise has failed.

2 Likes

what did he say? im curious now

Well, he wrote on a 1 kilometer stretch of road filled with signs saying that he felt hurt, and that we should have just talked to him instead of building a blockade around his new road extension. He said the reason he built the road was cuz he had a bet with his friend whether he could build a road across an entire map, and see what effects this has on it’s denizens.

He said hat he’s documenting our behavior as part of his psychology degree and that his professor is fascinated by our reaction in a world where conflict cannot be resolved with the neutralization of the other party. He wrote he was quite amused by my use of signs to contact him. Said he was insulted and found no love for this server, and decided to leave… basically really butthurt.

I wrote back that we tried to contact him on global chat (CTRL+T) and Voice chat but that he never responded, and that this world is not just some toy for some bet, but that it is a dream for those less fortunate, and should be respected as such.

I continued informing him that roads claim land, and prevents others from building where his roads are, and that “There can only be peace if one holds close to heart the needs of others.” and an invitation to steam chat to talk this out.

One day elapsed, and he then wrote on the sign: “Thank you for examples of net behaviors” infront of my signs. He removed all the other signs.

So… I wondered what to write to that. Then I saw the watchtowers along the Asgard border…

All we can do now is wait and see what he does next.

Meanwhile…

I am starting to suspect that Daria is a RL genius.

Another friend of mine built a sky-tower in-front of Asagard just for fun. It was so tall, I used it as a good reason to place a standing bone torch at that spot, on my public map rooms at each obilisk, to represent his skytower.

Zeedies and I :slight_smile:

All in all, official server on CE has been the most interesting, if not the best experiences I’ve had in a long time.

3 Likes

That’s one crazy story. lol. Also, what is your character wearing in the last pic? Are you the girl? Because I know the guy is wearing the Hyena gear.

20180630153806_1
Flawless Lemurian Royal Gown.

My favorite armor. Good armor rating for light armor, and silk repair, and decent cold insulation.20180630154222_1

Best of all, the chest piece covers the legs aswell.

20180630155453_1

I can mix this with full vanilla light armor (and royal circlet) for encumberance bonus, and still look great.
I am sitting at 193 armor, with the royal circlet being medium, while still retaining light armor movement class.

THIS is useful cosmetics, Funcom :wink:

1 Like

Very nice. Where’d you go to get it? Is it a recipe?

Celestial Plaza, east Swungle. Battle the witch queen - Her throne holds the recipe.
Craftable at normal and epic bench. Fia, the armorer at the pagoda (Derketo trainer area) holds the flawless recipes.

Say what one will about official servers…but nuances like this show themselves only if one has to earn it :wink:

Where’s the Pagoda?

1 Like

Thanks! This is really elaborate.

Got back from work a couple hours ago and went on the search for the recipe for the flawless. I found it but no recipe.

that guy is a genius!

My new main base.

What’d you think?

5 Likes

Been trying to build anew base in PVE, seems to be taking forever lol.

Entrance Way, there is some kind of glitch which is why the banners are of centre really doing my head in.
jpg%20large

Top view of entrance plus some of the wal, need to extend, just waiting for more bricks to come up.
jpg%20large

View of the back of the base.
jpg%20large

Still a little way to go till its finished :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks really great!

Catalan is a regional form of Spanish. Almost all Spanish speaking nations speak Castilian Spanish with regional dialects. My guess is that is is not Spanish, but Brazilian Portuguese. It is similar to Portuguese, Google Translate will identify it as Portuguese, but will not translate it.

2 Likes