Short Stories - Exiled Jack (+more)

Just for Blood - Slap (5/8)

I finally found you, when you kindly wake up, I’ll make you read all my journals - so you know how hard it was to find this forgotten island!

Your jaw is hard, my hand hurts, but I don’t regret it - you deserved a beating.

Get ready to meet Ash. She is just as wild like you and cannot be trusted - exactly like you.

The storm is approaching, time is pressing. The secrets are that they don’t like to be hidden forever and you end up paying twice the price for them. Someday you’ll appreciate what I’ve done, maybe you’ll understand why I spilled a whole sea of blood on the way here.

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes

Just for Blood - Exit (6/8)

Well, maybe you can read my journals later.

The time has come. A portal to another part of the world has appeared in the sky - this is our exit. We’ll make a fire and fill my coat with warm air. It was hard to wear, but it is not only good armor, but also a means of transport - a balloon.

I calculated everything carefully, if you haven’t gained weight in the last few months, we’ll both get off this damn island! Otherwise, one of us will have to jump out.

We have to leave Ash here, but she’ll be fine - and furious probably.

For your safety, I will bind you, we don’t want surprises and neither rain of blood along the way.

:memo: Because I posted only one page last weekend, this time I’ll post more: Just for Blood finale; one-page Break Time!; Thieves Love first page. And next week, I’ll start Chains of Darkness at last. :+1:

2 Likes

Just for Blood - Hole (7/8)

What in the name of gods is that?!
Another portal has appeared in the sky and tentacles are sticking out of it.

Everything went wrong. I had to jump out because I didn’t have time to patch those holes in my coat. The balloon was exhaling and moving rapidly.

I’ve seen tentacles grab you and pull you through the portal. And you are now… I don’t know where, but it’s nothing - I’ll find you even if I have to go through another hell and shed the blood of all demons.

If you want to know where the idea for the balloon came from.

2 Likes

Just for Blood - Blood (8/8)

I know it will be a long time before you read this, but I have to write it. I must keep a warm memory of you.

Everything I did, I did for you and I will find you wherever you get lost. I will not stop looking for you, Daughter.

My only concern is that you will not be able to control the strength our family holds.
You can summon a power that can stand up to anyone, resist even the gods.

I will prepare myself and let be caught by the tentacles. I will follow where you are.

Blood bonds are the strongest bonds, although they cannot be touched or seen.

I’ll do anything… just for the blood.

This is the end of a story that takes place on that damned island - will it continue elsewhere? Read the following stories carefully. Applause for the male lead role: Beastmaster Teimos - have you noticed it?

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post

2 Likes

Break Time! (single)

Finally, the day has come for a break. I’ve been waiting for that since the fight with the huge crocodile.

We went to the only place where you can dance and get drunk without looking back. But the guard stopped us from entering, saying something about the companions limit. And what happened? She just broke bond with me! She took all my gear and just left me outside!

Others may have followed her because it was easier to survive, I just loved her. Without her, I feel even more naked - furious.

But I will survive it! I will find good weapon, find strong allies, and raid her stronghold in a bloody purge!

Mommy said: “Write down your bad thoughts and they will pass.” - it didn’t help, Mom, it didn’t help…

previous | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes

Thieves Love - Luxuriance (1/3)

Beloved,

do you remember how I whispered in your ear that I want to achieve a lot in my life and I know how to do it? I want to be the greatest thief in the world. That’s why I borrowed a few golden statues from you. I will not become a thief if I get married and live the life of a rich baron’s wife.

I hope you understand…
Loving Sahana

:mag: Looking at the previous series, I see that readers like short stories more. Therefore, I will try to write less pages and publish them as close as possible. All Thieves Love should be published today! :eyes:

previous (Just for Blood) | story first page | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes

Thieves Love - Richness (2/3)

Beloved,

it’s been a long time, I don’t know how I could get away from you then. But the time has come when we’ll finally see each other again.

I didn’t manage to become the greatest thief, but now I have other plans, all related to you. I come back and I will not go away. I thought about you and your strong arms every day.

Hope you kept my letters.
Loving Sahana

2 Likes

Thieves Love - Fortune (3/3)

Dear Sahana,

remember when I said that I would become the most powerful man that everyone is afraid of?
I have achieved my goal.

Recently I acquired a relic of an older race that you probably heard about and that’s why you came back. Thanks to this artifact, I was able to make a profitable deal - I am sending people to the underworld.

By memory for the old days, I leave you all the letters you wrote in all those lonely years.

Better if you don’t come back Sahana.
Your beloved Baron.

:information_source: Sahana’s story will be continued in the Corrupted Archive :kissing_heart:

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post | next (Chains of Darkness)

2 Likes

One-eyed Jack Prophecy (single/bonus)

To all those who want to know the future…

When I gave my eye to the gods, they spoke to me, showed me what was to happen.

The future is dark, humans will regain the powers of sorcery and the gods will break free from their chains. And Death will become the strongest of the gods.

Only the strongest and cruelest of us will survive…
Therefore, I got rid of the limitations and I advise you to do the same.

Join me or die as foretold.

Signed:
One-eyed Jack

previous | [up] thread first post | next (making-of)

2 Likes

Chains of Darkness - Steel (1/6)

Though the world has different uses for written paper, they are the currency in this realm. Strange as it may be, each prison has its own rules - and this place is a prison for sure.

At first, I found myself alone in the strange circular chamber. The Archive Keeper (which does not look like a human being) looked down at me, babbling some nonsense (that I didn’t even try to understand) and left. After a few days other prisoners appeared (literally) and shortly after the savior came - old man, dragged us out of the chamber in a hurry.

Exhausted, I stared at this beautifully ornate steel weapon when the old man greeted me with a strong slap to the face and explained our situation: The gods are furious and we are right in the middle of their battle.

I didn’t go with them, I heard a conversation that someone had gone looking for an exit in the darkest part of the underworld. I only ‘borrowed’ the old man’s sword and followed this trail.

Underworld, I am coming!

previous (Thieves Love) | story first page | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes

I am sorry but I need to say it your talent on photography is great, I really enjoy the stories but your photos are beyond perfect

2 Likes

Chains of Darkness - Baron (2/6)

The baron who threw me into the Underworld claimed that, like everyone else, I wanted to get here. To find some legendary barbarian - to help him or to take revenge. Then he used an artifact that brought me to the Archive Keeper chamber. But I don’t know this legendary man, I just wanted to get into the baron’s vaults, I don’t care about any hero - although someone recently said I look like him and have exactly the same sword.

Upon inspection, I spotted a map of the entire Underworld on the blade. In order to avoid the caves fully flooded with water, I have to go through the treacherous sandstone red from blood - the favorite areas of robbers, murderers and all kinds of exiles.

2 Likes

Chains of Darkness - Justice (3/6)

These may be the last words I am writing - I am caught by a bunch of lunatics claiming that I am this legendary man. They are led by a one-eyed madman. Surely they want revenge on the barbarian, but they didn’t listen to me, just chained me up and dragged me from red sandstone to the zone where the storm blows endlessly - a storm down here. I hear inhuman screams and thunder.

I overheard that they were preparing an ambush for me - a hero, that is - in the hunting grounds where he was supposed to go.

:mailbox: I’m glad you like them, @stelagel, after all the screenshots were at your request. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Chains of Darkness - Tentacles (4/6)

Everything happened quickly, I saw the tentacles grabbing my tormentors. I retrieved my sword from the corpse of a dead man. I freed my hands and started to run. But the one-eyed man pointed his finger at me and the tentacles followed - as if he could talk to this thing. Does it even understand what a ‘finger’ is?

A blonde girl fell from the sky right on me, chained like me and furious - since she was also a prisoner, she is my ally then. There was no time to look for the key of her chains, I put her on my shoulder and ran - she was heavier and heavier. Eventually she turned into a giant, grabbed the tentacles of this thing and fought as equals.

I didn’t stop running. For the first time I am a game that someone is hunting.

2 Likes

Chains of Darkness - Hunting (5/6)

As I was running through a dense thicket full of wild animals. I heard voices calling me to the middle of the forest. I came across two naked girls - it looked like a trap, but I couldn’t turn back. The girls started to grow fur, their fangs and claws came out.

In a wild fight they scratched and bit me many times, but isn’t steel blade a greater power?

When I dealt with them, they turned into humans again. One could still speak. She explained that the powerful sorcerer had summoned them here. Human sorcerer - she warned!
Impossible! It’s been a long time since I heard a man wield sorcery. That can’t be true.

I would sooner believe that rhinoceros can fly…

3 Likes

Chains of Darkness - Darkness (6/6)

I have traveled the darkest parts of the underworld, dropped two men into an abyss that seems bottomless - one wrong step could cost a life - that is so precious here.

Finally I reached the gate, which is shrouded in a strange glow. A man in a hood walked through it. Is this the sorcerer I heard about? I waited for him to go away when I heard a whisper and baby cry.
At the edge of the gate lay the body of a woman who had walked halfway through it, half dead, but still holding the child. Somehow, she could still speak.

She said that only the living can pass through this gate and the Archive Keeper turns everyone into undead before releasing them - to enslave them… us. Escape through the gates means only death.
Real death. These are the chains of darkness…

Although I escaped from the chamber earlier, there was no blood coming from my wounds. Apparently I was changed anyway and the Underworld became my home. I took the baby and I will teach her how to survive so she can live and get out of this prison.
Evidently, life can escape death only by creating a new one.

I will call her Asbestos or Zophilia…

Did the legendary barbarian really reach the underworld and escaped, or was it just a rumor? We may never know, but we will meet the mysterious hooded man in the story of Ethernal Lock.

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post | next (Corupted Archive)

2 Likes

Unused graphics :rofl:

Sometimes it takes more time to get one appropriate frame :camera_flash: than to write the whole story.

2 Likes

FutureFriend Unclothed (single/crossover)

I did not expect to write to you again.

The stranger saved me from certain death and burning light of the desert sun.

He claims that I am important in the future. He hardly speaks, but when he starts, he talks about a war that will swallow all mankind. He couldn’t explain to me who we were fighting against, only that we were losing.

This man has no name, just some number. He is not sleeping, not eating. Did I mention he’s been naked since we first met? It doesn’t matter, he’s a real friend, strong as a rhino and cares for me like a big brother.

When we get out of this damn land, I’m gonna come home, Mom.
I know what you will ask: Why didn’t the gods send you some nice girl from the future?
I’d like to know that myself…

:spiral_notepad: I have to change the order of future stories. I will probably change a few words here and there also.

previous | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes

This is a continuation of Thieves Love / Sahana story :writing_hand:

Corrupted Archive - New path / Unbreakable rules (1/7)

I wanted to be the greatest thief in the world, but the place I ended up in has no riches, only infinite darkness. I lost all my dreams, passion and love. It’s time to forget my past life and reach out for more than I have ever desired - to gain true power. Vengeance will be sweet and as endless as the abyss of the underworld.

The Archive Keeper that tries to rule this place saw my potential on the very first day. He has given me the task of exploring the sites of ancient power and gathering as much information as possible. Fool gave me a map and blank scrolls. I am supposed to write down every detail and thought. He’s just trying to cheat me, but this world is no different from the one before. I’ll pretend to play by the rules and work for him, but keep all the knowledge to myself, then burn everything and leave.

Underworld! Are you ready for Sahana?

previous (Chains of Darkness) | story first page | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes

Corrupted Archive - All nothing / Preparation and rush (2/7)

I knew it wouldn’t be easy to survive. I had nothing, that’s why I created my first weapon myself - it will be more difficult with clothes. I killed some unfortunate man, although I know that Archive Keeper will revive him, I don’t know if I would like to return to the circular chamber ever again.
The only alternative is to serve gods fighting for domination - same slavery without any difference.

I tried to bake some human flesh, but vomited just looking at it. My belly is so empty.

Few plants grow underground. Hunger pushed me to eat some unfamiliar herbs that luckily sharpened my senses, giving me advantage I needed. Now I steal equipment and food from the locals. I watched some of the rituals they perform here. The course is brutal, but apparently it helps them survive in the volcano by increasing their endurance. I have drawn what the herbs and ingredients look like. I’ll gather as much equipment as possible and hide it - maybe I’ll have to come back here.

It’s so hot that it’s hard to hold a weapon with bare hands.

2 Likes