Short Stories - Exiled Jack (+more)

Chains of Darkness - Justice (3/6)

These may be the last words I am writing - I am caught by a bunch of lunatics claiming that I am this legendary man. They are led by a one-eyed madman. Surely they want revenge on the barbarian, but they didn’t listen to me, just chained me up and dragged me from red sandstone to the zone where the storm blows endlessly - a storm down here. I hear inhuman screams and thunder.

I overheard that they were preparing an ambush for me - a hero, that is - in the hunting grounds where he was supposed to go.

:mailbox: I’m glad you like them, @stelagel, after all the screenshots were at your request. :shushing_face:

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes

Chains of Darkness - Tentacles (4/6)

Everything happened quickly, I saw the tentacles grabbing my tormentors. I retrieved my sword from the corpse of a dead man. I freed my hands and started to run. But the one-eyed man pointed his finger at me and the tentacles followed - as if he could talk to this thing. Does it even understand what a ‘finger’ is?

A blonde girl fell from the sky right on me, chained like me and furious - since she was also a prisoner, she is my ally then. There was no time to look for the key of her chains, I put her on my shoulder and ran - she was heavier and heavier. Eventually she turned into a giant, grabbed the tentacles of this thing and fought as equals.

I didn’t stop running. For the first time I am a game that someone is hunting.

2 Likes

Chains of Darkness - Hunting (5/6)

As I was running through a dense thicket full of wild animals. I heard voices calling me to the middle of the forest. I came across two naked girls - it looked like a trap, but I couldn’t turn back. The girls started to grow fur, their fangs and claws came out.

In a wild fight they scratched and bit me many times, but isn’t steel blade a greater power?

When I dealt with them, they turned into humans again. One could still speak. She explained that the powerful sorcerer had summoned them here. Human sorcerer - she warned!
Impossible! It’s been a long time since I heard a man wield sorcery. That can’t be true.

I would sooner believe that rhinoceros can fly…

3 Likes

Chains of Darkness - Darkness (6/6)

I have traveled the darkest parts of the underworld, dropped two men into an abyss that seems bottomless - one wrong step could cost a life - that is so precious here.

Finally I reached the gate, which is shrouded in a strange glow. A man in a hood walked through it. Is this the sorcerer I heard about? I waited for him to go away when I heard a whisper and baby cry.
At the edge of the gate lay the body of a woman who had walked halfway through it, half dead, but still holding the child. Somehow, she could still speak.

She said that only the living can pass through this gate and the Archive Keeper turns everyone into undead before releasing them - to enslave them… us. Escape through the gates means only death.
Real death. These are the chains of darkness…

Although I escaped from the chamber earlier, there was no blood coming from my wounds. Apparently I was changed anyway and the Underworld became my home. I took the baby and I will teach her how to survive so she can live and get out of this prison.
Evidently, life can escape death only by creating a new one.

I will call her Asbestos or Zophilia…

Did the legendary barbarian really reach the underworld and escaped, or was it just a rumor? We may never know, but we will meet the mysterious hooded man in the story of Ethernal Lock.

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post | next (Corupted Archive)

2 Likes

Unused graphics :rofl:

Sometimes it takes more time to get one appropriate frame :camera_flash: than to write the whole story.

2 Likes

FutureFriend Unclothed (single/crossover)

I did not expect to write to you again.

The stranger saved me from certain death and burning light of the desert sun.

He claims that I am important in the future. He hardly speaks, but when he starts, he talks about a war that will swallow all mankind. He couldn’t explain to me who we were fighting against, only that we were losing.

This man has no name, just some number. He is not sleeping, not eating. Did I mention he’s been naked since we first met? It doesn’t matter, he’s a real friend, strong as a rhino and cares for me like a big brother.

When we get out of this damn land, I’m gonna come home, Mom.
I know what you will ask: Why didn’t the gods send you some nice girl from the future?
I’d like to know that myself…

:spiral_notepad: I have to change the order of future stories. I will probably change a few words here and there also.

previous | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes

This is a continuation of Thieves Love / Sahana story :writing_hand:

Corrupted Archive - New path / Unbreakable rules (1/7)

I wanted to be the greatest thief in the world, but the place I ended up in has no riches, only infinite darkness. I lost all my dreams, passion and love. It’s time to forget my past life and reach out for more than I have ever desired - to gain true power. Vengeance will be sweet and as endless as the abyss of the underworld.

The Archive Keeper that tries to rule this place saw my potential on the very first day. He has given me the task of exploring the sites of ancient power and gathering as much information as possible. Fool gave me a map and blank scrolls. I am supposed to write down every detail and thought. He’s just trying to cheat me, but this world is no different from the one before. I’ll pretend to play by the rules and work for him, but keep all the knowledge to myself, then burn everything and leave.

Underworld! Are you ready for Sahana?

previous (Chains of Darkness) | story first page | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes

Corrupted Archive - All nothing / Preparation and rush (2/7)

I knew it wouldn’t be easy to survive. I had nothing, that’s why I created my first weapon myself - it will be more difficult with clothes. I killed some unfortunate man, although I know that Archive Keeper will revive him, I don’t know if I would like to return to the circular chamber ever again.
The only alternative is to serve gods fighting for domination - same slavery without any difference.

I tried to bake some human flesh, but vomited just looking at it. My belly is so empty.

Few plants grow underground. Hunger pushed me to eat some unfamiliar herbs that luckily sharpened my senses, giving me advantage I needed. Now I steal equipment and food from the locals. I watched some of the rituals they perform here. The course is brutal, but apparently it helps them survive in the volcano by increasing their endurance. I have drawn what the herbs and ingredients look like. I’ll gather as much equipment as possible and hide it - maybe I’ll have to come back here.

It’s so hot that it’s hard to hold a weapon with bare hands.

2 Likes

Maybe your best so far. This is one of my favorite ever.
Other than that, again your photography talent in this game is unique.
You rock🤟

3 Likes

Hey @stelagel, thanks for the edifying comment. And on the occasion of the 100th :100: :heart: like for the thread, I am sharing more unused screenshots (from the Corrupted Archive story of course).

I hope to publish another page tomorrow, the rest will unfortunately be coming next week. Sometimes it is difficult to divide time between the life of a barbarian and a writer - pencils can be split with a sword, but I would not try to cut myself in half :writing_hand: :crossed_swords: :broken_heart: - I don’t know if it will go symmetrically straight over the nose. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Corrupted Archive - Price of knowledge / Old sands (3/7)

I let my blood drain from the body, passed out and plunged into the pool of blood - completing the ritual. To the elements of the ritual I have seen, I added the previously known herbs and the blood of animals that were not thought of by the local people.

I absorbed the strength of this place. I feel like I could rip enemies open with my bare hands, eat their warm live raw body. I want to run barefoot on lava and play wildly with first human or animal I see. I don’t feel like myself anymore.

I left the great panther domain, ending up in the equally warm sands of sandstone red desert. It’s harder to find water here - you can’t lick hot rocks like you would in a volcano.

Since people are hiding here like cowards, searching for knowledge can take years, which I don’t want to sacrifice. Although my stay in the land of the serpent might be a good lesson in patience…
I doubt I’d like to learn that.

3 Likes

Corrupted Archive - Wet place / Bare snack (4/7)

This part of the underground is refreshing, wet and beautiful. I found it hard to believe, but I didn’t need to take a breath even once, and I’ve been swimming here for a couple of days now. Evidently the place can fill people with power. The question is: Is it possible to harness this power somehow and take it with you?

Until the sharp edges of the rocks ripped my clothes off, I realized that I am not a fish. A crocodile house is a trap, not a place to get power - unless it’s really well hidden.

From the very beginning, I felt watched, although I didn’t see other people here.
The dominant beast must have a taste for me. I don’t want to become a bare snack for the underwater god - I want to become one!

Hope the beast doesn’t get hungry until I reach the surface.

:information_source: Publishing on weekends :mailbox_with_mail: Let’s just pretend the weekend has already started. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Corrupted Archive - Turning back / Not the stars (5/7)

The path I have taken does not seem to be of benefit to me, so I decided to go back through the underworld red desert. Nobody found my hidden chests. I have sand in my mouth and every other gap or slit - again.

In the distance I saw a mirage - ice here in the desert? It had to be an illusion, and yet it was not. It was then that I understood what flickered in the cave ceiling.

These are not stars, but crystals and minerals, as well as black ice - it is noticeably cold and you can smell magic from it. The ice vein stretches through the hot regions. If it doesn’t melt in such heat, I already know where I should be looking for more power - in the territory of the ice giants.

I will follow the ice like my lucky star in the sky.

:grey_question: How do you take a picture of the sky so that it looks like underground? Just take any picture of the sky and convince everyone that they are really looking at :eyes: something else. Let the truth not blind you and your knowledge! - it worked with the flat earth theory :man_student:

2 Likes

Corrupted Archive - Cold searches / Bad luck (6/7)

The first days were tough, the cold here is as deadly as the lava heat, but not everything is as it might seem. No warm clothing can provide protection against the supernatural winter - ancient knowledge does, and there’s a lot of it here.

Running half-naked on the ice is not a shame, but a sign of true power. Everyone should look at me with respect and fear!

Unfortunately I overestimated my knowledge. Spells and potions don’t last forever. I felt weak and as hungry as ever - passed out, fell off a cliff.

I woke up in a settlement of ice giants, they treated me like a pet, played like a doll, but they cared for my needs like caring parents - I was badly injured after the fall, and only after a year did I regain enough strength to escape.

Just like from my parents, I also ran away from the giants. But this time I took more than I expected. In that one year, the whole world has changed for me. I decided to explore the deepest caves in the underworld next…

2 Likes

Corrupted Archive - Backpack / The greatest sorcerer (7/7)

The backpack weighs more and more, I can barely stand on my feet. I don’t know who would like to live here of their own free will, yet people build bridges and hanging fortresses here.

If I want to go through a spider’s domain, I have to find an outcast they call…
“Block Spammer” - just by the name, I hate him already. And don’t think I will waste my time to persuade him to help, I will kill him and take the rope bridge or a horizontal elevator with me.

I hope Anu won’t leave the underworld without me. I met him in the ice giants camp - they were afraid of him like fire. He decided to teach me and revealed how to escape from this dark place. In return, I promised to write the last pages I got from the Archive Keeper.

Anu-Iheb will be glad that I have all the ritual ingredients in my backpack - my only companion.

According to what Anu-Iheb said, I have to take the spark of life from another person. My fate was such that I gave birth to the Baron’s daughter while I was with the giants. It is enough to sacrifice her life to return to the world above, but… being here, in front of the gate, I have doubts.

I have changed my priorities more than once - I can do it again!

I’m not looking for revenge anymore, I don’t care about the world, the gods and the Archive Keeper or any scrolls. I am not looking for knowledge anymore, I have gained it and I will use it - I will drink every potion and perform every ritual that will make me stronger and help me resist death, go through the gate with my daughter safe. I’ll cut all the sacred symbols on my skin, and all because of love - the greatest magic in the universe. I’ll do it before Anu-Iheb arrives.

I am the greatest sorcerer in the world and I am ready to prove it now!

Sadly, Sahana could not describe what happened next, however soon, besides Anu-Iheb, some barbarian also appeared nearby…

2 Likes

Corrupted Archive - Last love letter (single/bonus)

Today I will go to the surface and I will not come back, this is the last letter for you, Mother.

At first, I did not understand what you experienced, your scrolls and your letters to Dad, but now I understand how difficult it was for you to stay in one place - we are the same. Even though the outside world only blinds me for now, I know this is my future. I want to explore it, learn its history and experience all its pleasures.

The rituals you performed in the past have changed me too, I am strong and tough. I don’t feel as cold or warm as my barbarian companion - he kept chasing me to put on something, but I don’t need clothes or armor. I can kill without a sword. I can handle myself, maybe I will find my father, maybe I will find love… oh, before I forget:
I love you Mom.

Time to go… let me know when you finally come up with a better name for me - the one the barbarian gave me is naughty.

This young lady seems well prepared for what is to come, but are you prepared for the Ethernal Lock?

previous | story first page | [up] thread first post | next (Ethernal Lock)

2 Likes
Because the topic gets 2,000 views!

Hey :wink: this time I have something different for you because the topic gets almost 2,000 views and (by counting the Corrupted Archive doubleshot twice) it has over 50 notes pages already!

I present to you a short story, a description of the bug and an explanation how my game looks like on the Isle of Siptah :sneezing_face: My mind has to explain even the bugs of the game to feel good in roleplay :mage:

:information_source: It has not been confirmed that grass is causing the massive FPS drops in the game.

Yellow grass syndrome (single)

Dave you are great and I’m not saying this just because we belong to the same clan, but your sclerosis hurts me so much. I write it down for you, so you will never forget what the “yellow grass syndrome” is.

Since we got here, every time I look at the yellow bright grass (that grows in one part of the island only), I lose my mind. Regardless of the weather and fog. Even if I can see it from a great distance. Life flashes before my eyes like a slide show and I get a fever from it.

Traveling across the island, I must avoid eye contact with the grass, look at the ground and pray to all the gods not to see even a single tuft. I am calmed down only by looking at the tower in the center of the island, I feel overwhelmed by the desire to go inside, abandoning my present life… feel like the tower is calling me, hear its whisper: ~ resolc emoC ~ em ot emoC ~ uoy gnillac ma I ~

Now do you understand Dave?
Get rid of the yellow grass from the pillows! Please.

2 Likes

Pick up trick (single)

When we started working on the expansion of our tree headquarters, our main builder Bob wanted to show everyone what he had learned in a distant land. He claimed that he could pick up any building element without destroying it - and he did it!

Bob was able to pick up many pieces at once. Everyone was delighted with his trick. Until he picked up the tree foundation on which he was just standing.
Bob fell far down and turned into a red carpet… this was not a planned part of the trick.

Recruits! Rule number 2.7:
- Do not pick up building pieces while you are inside the building - it is dangerous!

2 Likes

Sharp Jealousy (single)

Since I’m here, I had a really great time. The curse that keeps me unable to die has allowed me to do things I would never experience anywhere else: I jumped from the highest rock; I know the tastes of poisons; and fistfighted a gorilla - great time.

However, while taking my morning bath, I saw her - a ghost holding a crossbow. Gods, I miss shooting rabbits with a crossbow! Shooting a bow is not the same. I haven’t seen anyone using a crossbow here, nor have I found a construction recipe. And if I wanted to take the crossbow from the ghost, I’d have to die - which I can’t do because of this curse! I’m so jealous!

Are the gods reminding me that cursing is not for fun? Were they watching me now… while I take a bath?! You! Peeper! Yes you! Stop goggling and run! I’m not a quiet girl, but a insidious devil.
If I get you, you’ll be my rabbit - a target practice.

2 Likes

Ethernal Lock - Anu-Iheb (1/6)

My name is Anu-Iheb, so far I have acted in the shadows but am now close enough to my aspirations that I can come out and reveal myself and my plan.

I will bring back sorcery - restore darkness to the world and to dearest mankind.

Just like the bodies of my numerous experiments provided blood for the ink. Likewise, whether you are also searching for ancient knowledge or you came across my note by accident - you are inseparably part of my plan. But in order for you to understand it, we need to reveal some secrets.

If you knew a forbidden history, you would know the sorcery art has been enchanted - locked like a door secured by an complicated lock. Nobody can open it, so nobody new can learn its arcana.

Will we be able to change it together? My dear reader…

previous (Corrupted Archive) | story first page | [up] thread first post | next

2 Likes