Short Sword Causes Degraded Server Performance - Needs Fixed ASAP

Game mode: [Online Official]
Type of issue: [Bug/Performance]
Server type: [PVP]
Region: [America]

[Describe the bug here]

When attacking either a thrall or player with the short sword server performance is severely degraded. Any spamming of attacks using the short sword and the server FPS will drop to 1-2 and the ping will hit over 1000.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Equip any short sword, the type does not matter.
  2. Spam light attacks or mix light and heavy attacks.
  3. Watch server FPS drop and ping go up.
  4. Repeat to see it happen again.

I tested this on my private server:

PvP + Raiding Enabled
Ping: 60
sFPS: 30
Thrall: Beastmaster Teimos (on guard)
Short Sword: Iron Short Sword (ItemID 50495)

I was not able to reproduce this issue. The server FPS and the ping remained stable. Is there any additional information that you could provide that may be relevant?

• What is your normal ping?
  • How many online?
  • Which shortsword?
  • Which map?
  • Which server?
2 Likes

I used an Argossian Short Sword (iron version), only was me online on Exiled Lands. My ping is normally 59-60

And, the sFPS has nothing to do with the client. That’s why there is an s as type. It’s an old paradigm.

Try something that causes the changes to its sFPS. You found the sword has an invisible hit box that causes a few frames of physical calculations. It’s physical instead of like WoW where you can pass through everybody. sFPS seems to be governed at 1000 here.

I haven’t ruled out a bug, yet.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.