Siptah no wildlife

Game mode: Solo
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: local
Region: Europe
Mods?: No

Start a new Siptah game and it is almost completely devoid of wildlife apart from monsters around vaults. No wolves, no deer, just those birds (pelican?) there are a few crocs along the river but some don’t spawn until you’re almost on top of them. I haven’t tried with exiles.

Game updated and validated.

RTX 2070
32GB 3200
R7 3700x
SSD

8 Likes

It also happens to me. In single player (Siptah) enemies don’t spwan. Please guys check it out, thanks in advance.

@Hugo @AndyB @Ignasi

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen this many times as well. Almost every time I play Siptah I’ll find that whole areas of the map and sometimes whole NPC camps are completely devoid of life when I travel through them and I have to leave the area and then return to it later for the wildlife to appear.

Theres almost never any elephants in the north for me, or any creatures surrounding Towerwatch Keep. Theres only a 50% chance for the tuskbeasts to appear on the plains north of Siptah’s Contemplation. And so on…

Also, I tend to find that when I arrive at a location nothing will spawn for a good few minutes and then gradually the mobs and NPCs will start to appear. There is such a huge lag happening here - even in single player mode.

I never had this problem on Exiled Lands (although I haven’t played that in a couple of months now, so perhaps its bad there too now).

3 Likes

I think, it depends lot places.

As i saw your post, i went in game, and jumped bit around. Saw rhino, wolves, but also places where i know there was some animals, and i didn’t see them.

Example is, the bear-babies at Asura’s Bassin.
And yes, i’m sure there was bear-babies, i made several bases there over time, in testlive and regular game. But today, they’re missing ! That’s not good. :wink:

Red woods looked bit desert to me today, while others places like said, was populated again. Maybe some mismatch with the spawn-table ?

4 Likes

Yes, its definitely patchy. And it isn’t always the same place each time (although patterns do start to emerge - I have no idea how I’ll ever get any elephant hide because the things just refuse to spawn). Sometimes various areas just won’t spawn their mobs, no matter how long you stay there.

Its a pretty major issue for a game, especially when you consider that vault bosses are regularly not spawning as well.

2 Likes

Hey everybody!

Does this issue only appear in single-player/coop?
Could you let us know, in case you are not playing with default settings, which settings you’re playing with?
Also, despite the original message mentioning there’s no mods involved, could you let us know if this is happening in the complete vanilla game, or if you’ve had mods enabled recently, or if you played with mods previously in that database/save?

Sorry for the questions, but we need to gather as much info as possible to see if we can replicate the problem! Thank you in advance.

6 Likes
  • I’m playing single player in Siptah and as others players said the majority of the wildlife do not spwan (maybe is related to any kind of optimitation that the devs did in the last patch). I Don’t know if it happens in coop too (I’m playing always solo).
  • Playing with default settings
  • Playing with mods enable (List):
    • Beyond Theatrics Mod
    • Fashionist
    • nobodyhair
    • Bait Master
    • Akuba’s Salon
    • Barbarian Barber
    • Pickup+

I hope this info helps. Cheers and thanks again Ignasis.

3 Likes

I only play single-player, non-coop.

You’ll have to be more specific about which settings you’re referring to? I did change the server settings to make enemies spawn less often (set it to 3.0 I think). But if that was the cause then it would be affecting all areas and not just some places. For example, the Elephant Graveyard and surrounding are always deserted for me, but there are always NPCs in the new Savannah, Ashlands and Floodlands in the south, without fail. Leyshrine of the Fiends is always fine, whereas the shipwreck camp near the Eye of Ekim is always completely empty. As previously stated, the tuskbeasts in the north sometimes spawn and sometimes don’t - its about 50-50. These are just some of the examples.

I have witnessed this happening first with no mods (when I first started Siptah, to test it out for a while) then also with mods (I have now recently added a few of the big-name high-profile mods because theres so many bugs in vanilla I might as well). Adding the mods seemed to make absolutely no difference to the problem for me. It existed long before patch 2.4.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info @Odyssey_TwitchTV !

@Socrates Yes, server settings. Could you let us know which mods you have installed as well?
Thanks again!

3 Likes

For my part, yes tested on SP, like post is for SP, without mods, still for testing.

For me depends lot places, also hoping around in admin modus don’t help with these issues. Not tested on servers yet.
But like said, redwoods seems more deserted than usual. While plateau, centre was populated. Again, didn’t run all over the whole map. But tested just some specific spots i know for some issue with spawns.

4 Likes

Thanks @Vattende . We’re collecting the all the info into a file to send it to the team and see if we can pinpoint the issue.

3 Likes

Server settings:

Player Idle Thirst & Hunger Multipliers = 0.1
NPC Respawn Mult = 3.0
Durability Mult = 0.4
Thrall Wake up Time = 3600
Item Spoil Rate = 0.4
Harvest Amount Mult = 2.0
Resource Respawn Speed = 0.5
Thrall Crafting Time Mult = 0.5

Mods:
Mythos: Greystone Building Pieces
Pickup+
Tier 4 Followers - Mild Increased Spawn - v5.7.5
Waystones
Fashionist v4.2.2
Less Building Placement Restrictions - v7.2.9
Improved Quality of Life 3.4.2
Northern Timber 2.3.3
Arena Pier 1.4.2
Emotes for Thralls v2.1.5
300 Level
Savage Steel 1 & 2
Grim’s Wonderbody Reupload
Eastern Exiles
Exile Architect
More Roofs by Accident
(not in that order)

4 Likes

Thanks a ton!

4 Likes

I hope it helps. Good luck!

Sidenote: I have my base in that large, open field north of Siptah’s Contemplation and whats strange is that the tuskbeasts, boars and rhino creatures on the plain itself keep failing to spawn regularly, but the wolves and goblinoids that surround that area and are very nearby never fail to spawn. There is a very clear distinction for some reason between the mobs on the plain and those around its edges - and its not my base thats causing it, because sometimes the tuskbeasts do spawn correctly.

Same for the elephants that never spawn, and yet the spiders to the north of them are always there without fail. Its odd.

2 Likes

Went into Saved folder and deleted everything dlc_siptah.
Started new game (no mods) in SW and it seemed to be okay.

deleted everything dlc_siptah started new game in SE and it’s broken.
ditto in SW again and it’s broken.

Something is broken with the game initialization.

This is all solo.

Ps. I haven’t played for a couple of weeks where it was fine before. Installed the last couple of patches and it’s broken.
Loaded up an ongoing exiles save and it seems to be absolutely fine.

2 Likes

:eyes: I hope the devs do not forget about us, :video_game: the single player community.

This bug is really annoying :expressionless:, a lot of enemies :japanese_ogre: are missing!

I’m triying to enjoy Siptah but I can’t.

Sadly Siptah in single player mode is not fun to play right now due to this bug. :frowning_face:

@Ignasi any news about the fix? :worried: I wish you can solve it soon. This game is what relieves me of stress after a long working day.

Cheers.

7593c82218db63e892669bc5fbc94d7a

2 Likes

There’s no news we can share about this other than this and other similar reports are undergoing internal testing in QA to find a reliable repro case for the problem, which we haven’t found yet.

4 Likes

Happening to me as well. I haven’t delved too far into the island so I can’t say if its all areas, but its all areas I’ve been too - started in the NE area and travelled maybe half a KM inland (guessing). I’ve tweaked many of the server settings, but I dont have my game loaded currently. I am also running a ton of mods - I’ll copy my mod list below.

In 5-6 hours of play spread out over 4 or 5 restarts in the same area, all I’ve seen is a single crocodile, and some sort of tall, undead-looking humanoid that spawned near some named location, plus the seagulls that fly around by the beach and the fish off the coast.

I started a new game just now with no mods installed and default settings. Nothing spawned in the area I was in (the NE location)… I ran around for awhile, came across a river which had a few crocodiles here and there but nothing else. CAme across an NPC camp that did have NPCs. Eventually started making my way towards the SE spawn area, eventually came across a ruin that had a gargoyle-like thing. Further on, as I got closer to the SE spawn I started coming across the moa-things, deer and wolves. Once I got to th eSE spot I suicided to repawn back at my NE starting spot, and not a single animal was around, still. Went to a spot where I know several of the moa-things hang around and stood there for awhile to see if anything spawned, and nothing at all. So it seems to be a vanilla issue, and not mod related.

mod list, copy-pasted from modlist.txt

ModControlPanel.pak
MCPWidgets.pak
Pippi.pak
Improved_Quality_of_Life.pak
GetClose.pak
BeyondTheatrics.pak
KerozardsParagonLeveling.pak
CrudeWoodenStructs.pak
RopeLines.pak
Asghaard_Desert_Town.pak
ArenaPier.pak
AsshuriTreasures.pak
DudesDelightfulDecorations.pak
Jungle_Building_Set.pak
NorthernTimber.pak
Emberlight.pak
SandAndStone.pak
Savage_Steel.pak
Savage_Steel_vol_II.pak
Mythos-Greystone.pak
Conan_Cults_and_Crafts.pak
Eastern-Exiles.pak
Mushi_Extras.pak
Immersion.pak
SlaverMod.pak
ThrallWarDecorations.pak
SlaveWarsServer.pak
DD.pak
Basements.pak
Pythagoras_Support_Beams.pak
Pythagoras.pak
DyeMoreBetterer.pak
AccessoryEquipment.pak
StylistPlus.pak
SkinManager.pak
HighHeels.pak
immersivearmor.pak
LustGoddessArmor.pak
SexySilentLegionArmor.pak
PrimalArmors2018.pak
Topfreedom2.pak
Skimpyt.pak
LoD_Cosmetics.pak
Shameless.pak
Katana_Family.pak
GrimProductions.pak
Conspirator_Armor.pak
ExilesExtreme.pak
Devious_Desires.pak
BarbaricBarber.pak
RA.pak
gray_female_spawn_mod_03.pak
BetterThralls.pak
CrafterThrallEmote.pak
WoPPlus.pak
CinnamonCandles.pak
StormEx.pak
SandstormEx.pak
YetAnotherSoloHPMod.pak
LBPR_Collision_Update_Add_On.pak
No_Building_Placement_Restrictions.pak
UnlockableContainers.pak
3 Likes

One thing I discovered is that spawning on siptah at the NW, SW and SE starting locations wildlife will become apparent more quickly, with the two western starting spots having wildlife within a couple of minutes, while the south-east location taking several minutes longer - the NPCs at the little camp just inland from the SE spot are there right away, however the NE location takes a very, very long time. I used PIPPI to teleport around, and also to massively boost my running speed to get around and explore different starting locations more quickly so I could see how this ended up happening not quite in real-time but pretty close

1 Like

Vaults only spawning mobs at the beginning, boss missing every time I tried. Single player mode

2 Likes