Structures disappear instead of place

Game mode: Online private, similar on single player
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: UNK, most settings are default from official server launcher
Region: America

Attempted to place a gateway, but it disappeared from inventory without placing into game world. Has also happened with a few sandstone foundations. Gateway was near newbie river and NE of Hanuman’s cave. Sandstone foundations were in desert between giant scorpion close to Dafari camp “Ravager’s Cleft” and Dafari camp “The Corner of Bones.” When duplicating on single player, tried building gateways just west of Sentries on south bank. I was able to place on fence foundations without issue. Server log has this entry
[2019.09.06-19.01.34:934][691]building:Warning: Code: ABuildingBase::Validate - Removed 1 unstable building modules of type: /Game/Systems/Building/BP_HL_BuildGateFrame_T2.BP_HL_BuildGateFrame_T2_C owner: 16
[2

When the same thing happened a few days ago for a few sandstone foundations, I moved two feet and I was able to place the remaining ones in inventory without issue in practically the same location I wanted to build in, so I doubt it will be reproducible. Not sure where to dig around in previous logs to find entries for the foundations.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Build one or more insulated wooden gateways
  2. L-click to place on ground
  3. Gateway is removed from inventory but never places into game world
  4. On single player, gateway places into game world but is instantly destroyed

Hi there.

Are you using any mods? If so, which ones? (I’m pretty sure this is a side effect of one of my own mods, sounds familiar).

1 Like

fog reducer, healing wraps usability, shields of the north
ID’s are 1807724172, 1691845750, 1378592422

Fog reducer merges three lines into the weather data table. So that shouldn’t be it.

However I noticed the disappearance of objects I want to place near the Corner of Bones, too, and I am not using any of the mods above.

I had this with a gate piece before the last hotfix but I haven’t noticed it since. Vanilla private server , no mods