Teleport Stone change suggestion

Nobody’s saying that the “design should work perfectly”. @Xevyr is explaining that the multi-hit was done on purpose. You can call it conjecture, but here are the facts it’s based on:

• it’s improbable to create the 3 additional entries by accident
  • it’s impossible to accidentally link all existing hits to use those “accidental” additional entries
  • the separate animation for the 4th dash was done on purpose
  • the only difference between the animations in question is a checkbox whose only purpose is to allow multiple hits

When you look at those facts, you can come to one of two possible conclusions. One is “even though it’s astronomically improbable, this was all a big accident”. The other is “this was designed to allow multiple hits”.

I can’t blame @Xevyr for drawing the latter conclusion.

It really does look like allowing multiple hits wasn’t a bug, but rather that it was done on purpose. There was no “bug in the design”, as you claim.

That doesn’t mean that there isn’t an “issue” with this, as they called it. The issue is most likely organizational. Maybe they were toying with this idea and then forgot to scrap it before shipping the update. Maybe it was the work of a dev who didn’t communicate properly with the rest of the team and just thought “it would be cool” to include this. I’ve actually seen both of these happen in game development.

And while I don’t think he should have called you a “brick wall conversationalist”, I can also empathize with the frustration that comes with digging up the necessary details, presenting them patiently, only to have the target audience not even make an effort to try to understand what’s being explained and instead dismiss it out of hand.

5 Likes