Testlive Patch (11.04.2019) - The Sunken City, Capitals population revamp, Witch Doctor feat and more

Can understand that feeling.

While i love the new dungeon, it looks nice ever if i didn’t visite it right now in game.
Also the new content looks good.
Will have to see with my own eyes, in game, and the changes, fixes, rebalance and such.

But yes, i would also love more on the way content. For me the game isn’t just a run to max lvl 60. I enjoy all the part, and especially enjoy still new starts. Replayability is important, and shouldn’t only be achieved by mods. I’m really hoping for more lore, stories, and mysteries inside this world, this all the long the road, like mentioned and not just at lvl60.

1 Like

True and not. Some may check the patch notes to see if some fixes was made. If gameplay changed, and such.

I think simply make the patch notes in two parts, with fixes, game-changes, and an other with content, and potential spoiles would be fine for most.
As admin i like having complet patch notes, but i can understand people loving surprises.

Exiled Lands improved called, and yes, has lot of dual-welding weapons. It’s very complet, with lot of nice features, check it out. :wink:

For my part i love it.

1 Like

It does seemed biased that way yes, but hopefully the new recipes and NPCs in the areas they mentioned are not all for level 60 players.

2 Likes

Does it differ from the fight with it online?

Because I killed it solo without a thrall two days ago and it takes some time, but is entirely possible.

Bandages, you just gotta be more tactical now.

There sure are a lot of bears guarding New Asagarth now. I tried going towards the city from the NW corner and was immediately attacked by 3 bears and a couple archers. Seems a bit overkill.

1 Like

Anyone figure out how to enter the new dungeon yet?

The Taxidermy/Fish Trophies are awesome. And the new silver mine is awesome! Even for a “non” dungeon, it’s good enough that I would like at least a dozen more of those “mini” dungeons.

Wow this this sounds great! Thankyou Funcom for this awesomeness we are about to recieve.

Ps- @Bryan_Skull you need to read this. This patch will be introducing Necromancy; your sorcery has arrived.

3 Likes

Well its more like advanced alchemy, or inventive taxidermy but yeah

I love the sound of this update peoples. However, there are 3 things which I feel I need to query. Please dont think that I am complaining or being an ingrate.

The first is as Shazoza touched on, there are relatively few new features for new players, which I found a little odd as we have just gained so many as a result of the recent PS Plus giveaway. We REALLY need some new T1 and/or T2 recipes and building pieces.

The second is the taming of Frost Giants as pets. While this sounds really cool, can you imagine what would happen if players start placing a dozen of these behemoths around their base…!? Am I the only one who senses that there could be potential for serious performance issues and crashes here! I truly do hope that I am just worrying needlessly here, and you all have a handle on it.

The third and final is that while you have overhauled Supermeru, New Asgaarth, the Volcano and the Summoning Place, you forgot about the biome which needs some love and overhaul the most; the Jungle biome! Places like the Forgotten City of Xel-ha, could have made good use of some Treasure Hunters too. While it, Flotsam and Buccaneer Bay could have all benefitted greatly from these new additions, extra NPCs and extra bosses too. The Jungle needs a booster shot. I will keep my hope that its enhancement will come with a later update.

I know this probably came across as a lot of belly aching, but I do really like this update. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

They mentioned in the stream earlier that the touch-ups to places are an ongoing process.

2 Likes

Let’s continue. I am very disappointed that you think that I cannot express my opinion.
Compare the weight of Set’s potion and purple. It is too heavy to wear enough in pvp mode. I thought it was clear to you and I shouldn’t mention it. In addition, there is no logical explanation for why potions of a set should not stop bleeding. Except the need to raise the hype around a nameless city. That is what d
isappoints me.
To make it clearer at once, the mention in the records that it is now easier to get this potion in the city speaks about it too.

They can not be used in battle.

@WhatMightHaveBeen

1 Like

No, you must sheath weapons to use it, you gotta play smarter now and not just antidote/heal spam, fights are less interesting because of that, its survival, we need more realism, and wraps have a purpouse now. I am surprised drinking potions does not have an animation yet, it will help even more making tactical battles.

2 Likes

Are there plans for female frost giants?

Hey there,

The new features for new players are… the game itself?
We’re just filling the void the game had for endgame players, trying to add longevity beyond level 60.

Performance wise, 1 fully equipped thrall is worse than 10 Frost Giants :slight_smile:

We’re not done revamping the game. :slight_smile:

About the patch notes not explaining every new loot and unlock in the game. Well, that’s sort of the point. Try the patch out! :wink:

8 Likes

I probably should have been clearer and stated newer or lower level players. But still…Touche!

Being lvl 60 myself I both can and do really appreciate this. If its anything like the Unnamed City update I will adore it.

:open_mouth: Wow, just…wow! This is so counterintuitive. Im utterly dumbfounded here. And humbled too. I thought that the sheer size of them would have equated to more workload on the system. But since it is not the case…cool!! For the record, I am assuming that this is due to the equipment itself. Can anyone better explain how this works to me? Please do not think I was trying to claim my statement as a fact here Ignasis. I was merely ‘worrying out loud’. I care about the game, and that is just what I do with things I care about.

Keep up the great work mate; this BBQ tastes gooood!

This is not the first time I have said this, but Ignasis thats diabolical. As a ps4 player, thats just not possible yet, but I shall continue to wait patiently. I already picked up on a couple, such as as new fish trophies. And as for the rest, I do look foward to my field day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can anyone post updated crafting cost?