Testlive Patch (29.11.2019) - Mounts! Follower leveling system! More combat rebalancing! But...by Crom! There's even more?!

Liking almost all of the changes save this one. Up until now, the T1 & T2 fences hav been our go-to when we need a railing for its visual effect, or to keep from falling off an edge, but still want to allow for climbing. This includes instances like on the uprights of bridges, where we want folks to be able to climb back up of the water if need be, interior decor, etc.

With no longer having any options for climbable fences, it’s now going to be significantly more difficult (if not impossible) to fake such an effect. So please consider holding off on this change which would invalidate a many existing designs until you have also developed climbable versions of all fences – something that the community has been asking about for ages.

10 Likes

I second this Motion.
I usually place at least on piece ot T2 fence so other Players have access to my maproom.
Ok, there are other solutions to allow this, but none of them as convenient as placing a climeable fence.

1 Like

EDIT: must correct myself (forgot about the god mode bug after relog), the fences do cause damage. Thanks @Multigun for reminding me.

@Larathiel sorry to disappoint.

9 Likes

Wow… just, wow. Bravo FC! Love the list of updates! The T1 and T2 fence update is HUGE and was so needed. I’ll leave others to point out the obvious wonders.

2 Likes

@Ignasi, has there been any progress towards making it so that spawns in Sinner’s Refuge, Executioner’s Entrance/Deathwhisper Ruins, Weaver’s Hollow/Scuttler’s Shortcut, and other in-world caves don’t have their occupants despawned by people building atop them?

This was previously reported in early October: No more npc nor brimstone in Sinners Refuge

2 Likes

Good, hope it stays this way until such time as we can have both climbable and non-climbable versions of each fence in the game. If we have have 2 foundations for sand & no-sand, there’s no technical reason why we shouldn’t be able to have both kinds of fences.

1 Like

The new momentum system negatively affects climbing in a serious way.

Specifics…

If you back up to a ledge to walk off, to then grab onto the wall and slide down…

You are no longer able to do this as effectively.

The momentum of going back far enough to fall, and then move forward again to grab the wall is noticiable, significant, and makes dropping off overhangs virtually impossible.

As it is now, people will DIE in many places, and fall and get wounded in many others.

The only workaround I was able to find is to hit the edge at an angle while moving fast, so you maintain full momentum forward, and it’s almost perfectly aligned with the wall as you fall and turn.

But this won’t work in a pinch, or in every place on the map.

What’s the change with the endowment potion? Still affects men, does not affect women (on single player).

I like what I see otherwise. Horses are fantastic and well made, movement is smooth and the ability to joust and kill “trash” is FANTASTIC.

2 Likes

Did you try with god mode turned off?

oops, might have forgotten to check that. will re-confirm

To be fair, the only reason I thought to suggest that was because I maybe kinda sorta possibly had a half complete bug report being processed to send to Funcom a few months ago. Only to stop mid type and go…oh…wait…

3 Likes

Feel free to report anything you see. You might consider something very important while the same issue might be trivial for another player (or visa-versa) :slight_smile:

We will cross-reference with already known issues and note down anything new.

3 Likes

sadly, Zeb I see nothing bigger on females :smiley:

3 Likes

Please do, and if you would be so kind as to notify me, I would really appreciate it!! I’ve managed to make it work for my black ice tower, by removing everything above the sloping inverted wall, figuring it would be the spikes or the wedges that were causing the problem but when I try the same method in my aquilonian spa it just refuses to do the left one even though I’ve managed to get the right one done (I notice left ones give me more trouble) :expressionless:

For the Treb - can we get a radial wheel for adjusting the degree of angle?

1 Like

On the Treb again - so it’s damaging vaults, which has me thrilled, but, is that intended or not? If intended, there’s some illogical values going on. The demonfire barrage is hardly denting the vault, whereas the boulder is doing the same damage to a vault as to a t3 building piece. The boulder should not be doing more damage than a demonfire barrage on a vault.

Otherwise, love the changes the boulders and demonfire barrages do to T3 buildings.

“Fiery-Hot consumables do now provide Heating buff.”

. >_>

There are now new sleep animations- Ooooooooo =3

Nothing about wedges and tree foundations? (as they are near impossible to place top walls, let alone have a opening…)

Feedback on combat changes so far, its almost impossible to dodge animals now, specially gorillas seens all their atacks go between dodges. I dont think you added a invulnerability frame, maybe it’s lag and I’m dodging too slow, my ping to testlive servers is 200+.

Two handed axes keep being useless as far as I tested, the heavy attack has little reach is still too slow and causes little damage considering you are completely exposed and cant defend yourself. The reach is so bad gorilas become immune to your heavy attacks when they do the drum on chest taunt.

I just tried the same in single Player mode and could dodge most Gorilla and Grey Ape attacks, in both medium and light armor.
Might really be the lag.

1 Like

I just have to say it too. Wow! What an update! Thank you for the awesome new content! I spent at least 2 hours riding around the exiles lands thoroughly enjoying myself. Best moment so far, leopard jumping at my horse’s butt as I ran away . . . Just looked so realistic lol. Nice work Funcom!

1 Like