TestLive Update [01.09.2018]

Happy Saturday Exiles!

We have a new set of changes for you guys and girls on TestLive.
Let me take this opportunity to once more thank you all for your help in working with us so closely.
We are running some performance tests on TestLive which is the reason that the servers can be laggy at times, so please bare with us. We do keep server restarts in mind as we monitor the servers for performance and will do so as needed.

As mentioned on stream on Friday evening, we are also working on Purge fixes but they didn’t make it to TestLive just yet. Stay tuned for updates on this soon.

NEW ADDITIONS

• Beehives will now behave differently:
    Over time, they will collect honey. In addition to this, it’s possible to find bees in the world once in a while by gathering flowers (Midnight blue, aloe, etc). Worker Bees will produce extra honey and Queen Bees (rare from only specific flowers and lotuses) will produce a lot more honey before they are consumed.
  • Pets will now get a buff if they eat their preferred food:
    If you match a thrall’s preferred diet, they will now gain a bonus buff. This way, if you do care about the specifics of each companion type, you can get a temporary short-term advantage. You can still feed them whatever you want to prevent them from decaying. This also means you can buff your companions right before battle. A server setting (disabled by default) will allow you to make diet matching mandatory if that’s what you prefer.
  • Pets now have a special hunger animations

Shaleback-hunger

THRALLS AND AI

• Corrected Healthpool of the White Tiger
  • Corrected HealthPool l for Hyenas and Shoebills
  • Koros the Brave has expanded his range of wares and has now more than just Shoebill eggs for sale
  • Dead Demonic Spider and Green and Pink Shoebills now drop carcasses when harvested
  • Fixed an issue with some NPCS in Midnight Grove not attacking the player
  • Fixed an issue with wolves not using all their available attacks
  • Fixed an issue with Bosses in the Midnight Grove not spawning properly

GENERAL BUGFIXES

• You will no longer meet your demise while exiting the Midnight Grove.
  • Fixed an issue with the Sign of Jhebbal Sag turning the Crocodile World Boss into Werewolf types
  • Fixed an issue with Werewolves spawning from Sign of Jhebbal Sag dispawning too fast
  • Fixed an issue with certain Shadespiced Stew versions not being able to be prepared
  • Pet inventories are now only accessible by their respective owners
  • Fixed an issue where a player’s feeding box would also feed random other pets
  • Fixed an issue where crafting an animal pen for the first time would use the resources but not create a placeable
  • Fixed scrolling for the feeding box if the amount of owned pets would succeed 6.
  • Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to refresh the server list
  • Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to queue crafting processes
  • Fixed a tooltip issue when a player character is unarmed

EXPLOIT FIXES

• Fixed an issue where thrall inventories could be exploited to carry more items than intended
  • Fixed a bug where Archer Thralls would produce infinite amount of special arrows.

PERFORMANCE UPDATES

• Landscape loading improvement for the Midnight Grove

ENVIRONMENTAL UPDATES

• Art improvements for the Midnight Grove regarding the Hyena Path
  • Removed and updated areas inside Midnight Grove where the player could potentially get stuck
  • Fixed several visual seams in Midnight Grove
  • Removed the “Temp” exit out of the Midnight Grove to something less “Temp”
  • Fixed an issue with Sandstorms damaging players in the Swamp Area.

QOL CHANGES

• Items that are currently being used as ingredients in a crafting process will no longer be displayed as an available resource
  • Added pet and hunger system server settings to the admin panel
  • Honey now stacks up to 100
  • Attempting to clan invite a player that is already in a clan will not trigger a popup with a warning.

KNOWN ISSUES

• Avatars won’t deal damage with their attacks on dedicated servers
12 Likes

Awesome great work everybody.

Any info if smaller pens will be added to the game? The current ones are bigger than my house.

3 Likes

thanks for the update. Looking forward to testing more.

I was just on testlive us1 this morning before the update, and was feeding my pets/thralls.

I was wondering if this seemed like an excessive amount of food required to get them back to full?

My thrall was showing the hunger meter at 70. It took 25 grilled steak to get her from 70 to 99? Doesn’t that seem excessive? Thought the amount of food required to feed them was being reduced? That stills seem like a major grind.

My hyena was also showing 70 on the hunger meter, so I gave him 25 savory flesh. he ate it all and went to 74. Grabbed another 37, and he ate another 25 and finally got to 99. Seriously, 50 savory flesh for the hyena to go from 70-99?

Still seems like way to much of a grind.

Could you possibly move the Camel calf merchant to the stables in Sepemeru near the prison it seems more appropriate.

1 Like

We’ve noted it down. No official update yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast reply.

btw.
Yeeey

Hi Tascha, Why is it all of the fixes are related to the new content and none of the bugs that exist from long before adding the pet system are being addressed? Where are the bug fixes that(as stated by Funcom) most developers are working on as supposed to only a few that are working on the pet system? Why do we only see fixes for that same pet system and thus from these few people? If more people are working on bugs rather than new content, where are those fixes?

1 Like

Why did you just put all 3 egg merchants in one place at the bay that just seems lazy.
spread them out a little.

Because these fixes/balancing are directly related to feedback from the community and we were able to put these out efficiently while other bugs are more complicated, having more dependencies with underlying systems.

We’ve explained this in the past: There is a prioritization that takes a lot of different aspects into account.
complexity of the issue and how long it will take to fix it. Possible team and coder to assign who can work on the bug in question or who was initially involved in working/coding that specific system. How many players experience this bug, how influential this issue is for the majority of the player and how it influences their gaming experience. There are teams working on bugs that didn’t make it into this patch simply because those fixes are not ready.

Obviously each player has their own issues THEY want to see addressed or their own issues they specifically run into. That doesn’t mean it’s equally important for other players that we address these issues.
There are mechanics that we absolutely are working on, such as the Purge.
Out of curiosity, which old issues are you referring to specifically?

Again if we had a button to push to just fix everything, we would. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Tascha, I was not referring to a specific bug, but yes the purge is one of them. I could write a lengthy post with many problems that exist since going live, and many more that came with the MOAP. But let us talk about performance, why are we not seeing any improvements on this? Even the ill attempted performance fix that stops the world wherever there is no player present has caused more problems and is more game breaking than it is being a ‘fix’ for anything. Altho many people on the forum are talking about it, there is no communication whatsoever on this from Funcom. I challenge you to find 1 player who is not experiencing performance issues. How much more influential do you want it to be? I could start about AI in general but I might get unpolite so I’ll stay away from that for now. I’m also wondering why there is no 180 degree turn on Funcom’s approach to the ‘fixes’, you more than us know the statistics. How many copies you have sold and how many of us are still sticking around? How many players you are chasing away with each of your ‘fixes’? Clearly there is something wrong would you not think? The button you are looking for is labeled ‘get your stuff together as a company’, stop hiding behind the ‘this team’ and ‘that team’. Ty for your reply and again sorry for being critical and maybe somewhat salty, I do want the game to succeed.

5 Likes

Can a clarification be done on this? Does it mean ALL types of arrows (Including Iron, Razor, Set and so on), or only the newer ones (Poison cloud, explosive, tar and so on)?

1 Like

Yes, this sounds like we may have to put stacks of arrows in the thralls inventory now, so that they do anything above base damage.

2 Likes

Yep!

And if that is true, it brings back one of my worries about thralls having small inventories and the inclusion of food + decayed food added to the mix.

[Edit]

Just to clarify, I have no qualms if they limit the newer arrows. I honestly was thinking of switching all my archer thralls to half poison cloud, and half explosive arrows since their aim is terrible.

2 Likes

(01.09.2018) Bug report

Server: Local server Testive

issues: Dungeon still broken

The grove is still completely broken for me I play on a single player server and I experience the following issues

• When I spawn in the grove all 3 gates are open.
    •Bosses still arnt fixed every time I enter the boss areas Panther boss and gorilla boss dont spawn and the glowing symbols are gone I need to Ghost out then back to get the bosses to spawn.
    •The Bull boss dose not spawn unless I ghost in and out.
    •When I can get the bosses to spawn all stone gates and symbols are open during the fight then all gates and symbols close once I kill the boss (pretty sure it should be other way around)
  • The werewolf boss spawns correctly but is the only one.

Could this be due to the fact that iv already learnt the religion and already completed the dungeon back when the pets patch first arrived?
The whole system feels out of order

My guess is that when they mean special arrows, i think they mean things like the new arrows and poison ones as to make sure players won’t have their thralls spam explosive arrows without ever running out for example since the special arrows like that are more ment for a tatical use.

Though my guess is iron, harden steel and starmetal arrows for example won’t be affected at all since they just have dmg increases and such.

Only the new, special arrows :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a relief! I agree with having them on a limit, as they are miles better than regular arrows. Plus, it would be broken if they could be farmed from thralls considering they have an infinite supply.

Thanks for the swift reply :slight_smile:

Game Mode: Testlive_US_1
Problem: Bug

The dancers in my base are not dancing, but they are producing entertainment. (this is just one i left outside to starve)

Edit: They began dancing again once I returned from a journey to the Grove.

Game Mode: Testlive_US_1
Problem: Bug

Some of the creatures, namely hyenas, in the Grove are not moving after their initial attack and/or yours. They plant themselves in place and stay aggro’d but do not move. It doesn’t happen all the time, or to all of them. You can kill their companions around them, but they do not strike if you are not in biting range.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. aggro some hyenas and hit them
  2. roll back
  3. watch