TestLive Update [01.09.2018]

Well, that’s certainly good to know then. It’s been working for forever, so hopefully Funcom can lock down a cause and a fix for testlive then.

1 Like

Did you try human meat ?

@Scooper is looking into what could be the cause of this. He told me this morning that they are supposed to be uniform, but they’ve been messed up somehow.

Throwing axes always go in your off-hand and other weapons go in your main hand. That’s how the weapon system’s been set up.

She’s technically not supposed to be a thrall at all.

2 Likes

Thralls and pets will eat rotted meat, if you just let it stay there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh how the mighty have fallen! From turning up their noses at anything but luxury meats and exotic snacks, to eating rotten meat. (Good change!)

3 Likes

But can we feed them Shi… I mean dung?
Make them fall even harder
That’s the real question.

They will anything that’s edible.

2 Likes

@Jens_Erik , question:

Is the corruption more of a “state of mind”(madness) or a physical thing(sickness) ? Because i was thinking that, if you eat raw human flesh - and you’re not an adept of yog - you could gain corruption, because eating another human being would corrupt you. WHEN the sorcery module comes, and IF it uses corruption as power source, it could act as an assist to the new players. -Based on a few player-based rumours around the forum that the power source will be corruption.

Things seem to be working a little differently right now, I was able to craft one this morning. If you look at the panther diet, then use the best food, it’s shadespiced raw succulent meat. They’ll eat anything on panther diet. This is definitely improved from when you posted.

To all: If you’re having trouble with your pen, please remove all animals and food from it using Take All. Exit the game. If Single Player, you should be able to tame as normal. If Private Server or Official, it looks like you need a server restart with the pen completely empty. It’s early yet and I’ve only tested it about six times so far with a 1X Vanilla PVP. (On video replay, in one of the cases, simply exiting the game seems to have fixed it, no server restart necessary.)

2 Likes

Thanks! :smile:

US_1 has been at 1x since the recent test cycle began (about 3 1/2?) weeks ago. Since it’s hard to get testing done in a pvp server without constantly losing everything and the ping is too high for EU, this would be a big help.

The biggest help would be to have a PVE-C server though, so we can still test combat on other players without risk of losing all of our progress daily. PVE is no fun and PVP official is a grief-fest, so please consider this. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Jens Erik, thanks for your attention, and I know you’re busy, but if you could have them renamed away from Combat, and make PVE to PVE-C, I would be able to better contribute to the proving grounds on this fun and exciting TestLive branch! :laughing::panda_face:

As a PVP player I am a little dismayed by the current behavior on TestLive PVP, and perhaps it’s because they’re still prefaced “Combat.” Never in my history with the program have I seen testers descend to this level of skulduggery, buggery, thuggery and punk-turditude. Please drop us a PVE-C so that I may join my friends, who provide ample and generous feedback, and play respectably.

4 Likes

I can’t be on 5 hours every night of the week to protect my base or I’d gladly join the PVP servers. Building a PVE-C base (unraidable mountain top) is cheesy and no fun, not to mention the lack of beautiful architecture when building that way.

The simple “no offline raids” rule is why I typically play private PVP servers, lol. I would love to test structure damage 24/7 and have arena combat fights, but the current attitude carried (by only a few griefers) won’t allow for it, and is not conducive to positive testing feedback.

4 Likes

Unfailingly polite and generous, as always. I can take offline raiding, if that’s how it is on TestLive. In EA we went through phases of that, which taught me to build dummy bases for the over-anxious. Plus I could test new things in a cheap and easy way. But this, the stab and steal, the delete from the wheel, the attack the map and kill the stables is not what TestLive is about. I’ll go that far. :smiley:

4 Likes

A smaller 2 stall pen would be a boon for PVP. It is difficult to enclose the stables inside a building that’s not totally obvious at the moment (they get plucked right from the stall), but if they were smaller, then it would help out immensely. Wheels of Pain come in different sizes, so why not animal pens?

4 Likes

Agreed. For now, have you tried placing the pen on soil and then building around it?

2 Likes

The suggestion was more for PVP, but yes. You can create a 7x10 foundation pad to place it on, then build a 2 story high building to enclose it. It just stands out, being so large on a server where you try to build small, lol.

4 Likes

I was speaking more about building to the contours: sometimes you can end up with creative shapes that look more like working/living huts, with your benches built on top of the pen. But yeah, the size betrays you to the point of micro-management.

4 Likes

After destroying my armored animal pen in single player from yeasterday post and starting two jaguars and one rhino, they all grown as expected, where the old pen was broken.
Maybe it has to do with restarting the server, since single player restart every time you load game.

Same the pens are broken in local/coop
Can’t test pets if we can’t tame them.

Hopefully we see a hotfix before weekend.