TestLive Update [01.09.2018]

Game Mode: Solo/Co-op
Problem: Bug

Disabling the thrall and pet feeding system does not disable the thrall and pet feeding system. They still have a countdown timer.

Steps to reproduce:

1. place thrall or pet
  2. disable the feeding system via server settings
  3. check thrall or pet
  4. see that they are still counting down

Game mode: Solo/ Co-op
Problem: bug

Building pieces do not snap to each other while in Ghost mode.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set a foundation.
  2. Go into ghost mode.
  3. Try to build off of existing foundations.

I have a new love for the tier 1 taming pen. I had just gone straight to tier 2 or 3 until I was testing if top tier animals could tame in a tier 1 today (spoiler alert, they can). Some time later I was just playing around and noticed “Huh. There’s no bars to keep me out of the pen.” So I hopped on in to see what it was like beside my pets.

Much to my delight you could run around inside and it even offered shelter! The next thought being " I wonder if you can build in here?" And so, this is what I came up with.

This may work well for a starter home in a PVE server, lol. I’d like to see what some people come up with, as I just threw that together. :grin:

3 Likes

It also adds a lot of RP options for players and maybe even immersion to help players grow closer to their animals in my opinion.

1 Like

It’s always been this way. That’s what fly mode is for instead of ghost :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can’t go into the tier 2 or 3 pens? Well I best get done with my projects now so I can start working on modding that right away (once it’s out of course).

OK, so upon further investigation, you can get inside the tier 2. Part of my “Prebuilt Home” idea came from the low cost of building the tier 1, lol. The tier 3 is totally blocked off by metal bars.

3 Likes

Lol this guy… Has never posted a bug report himself…

I was so used to not being able to get into my T3 Pen, I had the blinders on to other options. I’m so glad you pointed this out, @Enyo. It’s like a Barbarian Pre-Fab with 70k HP.

4 Likes

I’ll try that. Currently I do have Exotic Dancer mod for entertainers (new dances).

Edit: Nope, still counting down for me, so i cranked the timer to max to give them 21 days to starve.

Btw, I had placed 6 archers on the roof of my T3 pen, 3 fell thru the roof on server restart and I could not reach em, had to demolish pen. Old bug, new structure, nothing out of the ordinary.

3 Likes

You CAN fit all of the benches inside and have a nice little home. :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I was just about to put more thralls up there. Did you have a roof over your pen or is it open sky? Did you build the pen on soil or on foundations?

Oh I hope they don’t fix this. I am having a pretty fine time with this open floorplan and Khitan appointments. Let me just say next server, when I move to the Highlands I will never workshop in that funky watchtower again! :smiley:

1 Like

It was on foundations, well sorta, because it drops in them instead of being placed on top of them, slab was 10*6. Apart from that no roof over it, the thralls were placed on the pen roof itself. And I which I could tell you that it is reproduceable, like many reproducible bugs only occuring at server restart, I cannot. Because after many pleads from the few players willing to go on their testlive servers to have a regular server restart(or even a simple multiplier setting) they keep comming up with the most lousy excuses instead of fixing it.

1 Like

Try again. I have several in the mod discord of bugs ive found in the dev kit. Want to call me out again for spending every moment of my free time doing stuff like that?

Hi Multigun, I was merely pointing out the ridiculousness in your message. I’m not calling you out, simply stating facts. You came here posting

So when I look at your profile I see that you have never ever posted a bug report in this forum, yet you come here posting this when people are actually testing on testlive servers and posting bug reports. I would say you are trolling.

People like you make me wonder why I bother modding or dev kit bug reports at all. If you think I contribute absolutely nothing, then you are sorely mistaken.

I was congratulating the Funcom staff on a job well done, who I communicate with on an almost daily basis.

Keep going though with your “facts” you seem to believe that you have.

If that is the case, then I might be indeed sorely mistaken. No shame in that. I was going on the information I had in my possession at that moment in time.

What exactly was the job well done? Congratulations for adding pets based on thralls, thralls who are having major issues, without even looking at those first? Congratulations for fixing the bugs on your utterly broken testlive version to make it somewhat playable/testable? Congratulations for ignoring major issues until pushed to the limit by the community and then saying ‘yes it was always high on our prio list’? Congratulations for completely ignoring the performance issues that ALL players are experiencing on the official and private servers?

As stated already, the facts were the facts, stated by yourself

Man… You seriously need to take a break from the game or the forums.

Let other people express their feelings on the new patch however they want. Not going to stop other participants from exposing bugs if he enjoys it in its current state.

2 Likes