Testlive Update Age of Sorcery Chapter 2 - Discussion Megathread

@Community
You know I am usually a positive and open minded person here on the forum. And even more so recently with how much I have thoroughly enjoyed Update 3.0. However, I feel obliged to share my concern and oposition regarding one of the changes. I am referring to this one more specifically:

I find it disheartening that after so many years of players requesting you all to address the yawning chasm of disparity between thralls and pets, that now when you finally do, a number of them are getting a nerf for petes sake. But before we delve into that, let me pass on a thanks and commend you all for raising the stats of some of the currently underperforming pets such as the aforementioned gorillas, scorpions and elephants. And it was extremely encouraging to see some buffs as opposed to nerfs when it comes to changes. Although this is where I must be critical regarding the nerf component of the change.

This sounds to me like another perfect example of trying to fix what is not broken. Seriously, there was not a single pet in this game in a state powerful enough to warrant a nerf. Furthermore, even the best pets are not even in the same ball park as an average thrall. A pet cannot be equipped with a better set of armor or a stronger weapon to raise its combat prowess. You also cannot put a gas mask on a pet or equip it with a truncheon. And I hate to say it, but coming from someone who actually likes pets way more than thralls, as I am a sucker for cats, pets are inferior to thralls in every conceiveable way. So giving cats up to a further 40% nerf (which is HUGE), after all followers including pets already had their stat values reduced for Update 3.0s attribute rework is and all round bad decision. So I would like to urge restraint, and plead with the developers to reconsider nerfing the attributes of cats and canines. You do not have to ruin one thing in order to to add improvements to another.

OUR CATS DESERVE BETTER. Thankyou.

images.jpeg-124

images.jpeg-125

13 Likes