Testlive Update Age of Sorcery Chapter 2 - Discussion Megathread

This may make me want to play againšŸ¤ž

2 Likes

I would encourage people to ask during the stream if it doesnt come up (but I would assume it would). Reading the discussions on pvp leads me to believe many people would want to know.

1 Like

Edit: In case anybody finds this in the future with google.
This is not actually the case, this value is merely used as a maximum range for attacks against buildings (possibly more relevant for creatures than players at that).
All weapons of the same type have a standardized reach, regardless of the model.

Thatā€™s because one of the devs was very ā€œgenerousā€ and thus creating the spear meta :joy:

Soā€¦ thereā€™s this little thing that I pointed out once before:

Causes weapons to essentially have double the range, like the nice comment also says :stuck_out_tongue:
Issue with it is that obviously the longer the weapon, the more additional range it will get from this proportionallyā€¦

Essentially turning the spear into a ranged ā€œmagicā€ weapon :smiley: And yes! the size of the stick matters! So if you illusion your spears to a model with a longer reach you can have the damage of your OP spear and the reach of the illusion.

1 Like

Changing this will affect all weapons.

Can you show this for the 2h axe, which does incredible damage btw and 2h hammer as well?

Depends on how itā€™s changed, it wonā€™t affect any other weapons for example if itā€™s capped to the max size of a spear or if the values are increased based on weapon type which would allow for even more precise balancing. Either of which would be a very easy modification. Who knows, we might see other weapons get a bit of PvP use as well :slight_smile: Like the new katana!

Oh there is a variety of weapons used. On my official server people used in the last raid that I did, the following weapons:

2h Spear, Katana, 1h Shortsword, 2h Great Axe, Bow and Daggers.

They can simply implement the same reach model for every weapon in specific weapon type category and then simply copypaste it to all new entries.
I believe thereā€™s already mods that implement system like that, amongst other things.

Whoa whoa whoa!!! I really do hope DBD is enabled for official servers! Tuning it to the devstream for sure.

FINGERS CROSSED

5 Likes

oh man running late, need to put a bell on this cat.

No, DBD can be abused with 2 accounts to make unraidable bases :

Account 1 build the base, never online on evening.
Account 2 play on evening, farm, raid ā€¦ and send loot to Account 2 bodyvault somewhere.
Account 1 store and craft when server is empty in the night or morning ā€¦
Account 2 take loot from Account 2 bodyvault and start again to play on evening ā€¦

And if you are raided, just disconnect then 30 minutes later all is safe. Just make sure you put enough foundations / walls / doors to last more than 30 minutes of raid.

And I think some players will find ever more ways to abuse this system.

With 3 accounts you can have :

• Account 1 build base
  • Account 2 is inside Account 1 base to craft and store
  • Account 3 is outside Account 1 base.
  • Account 2 and 3 can transfer loot with box or bench behind a window hole ā€¦
  • Then you can play with Accounts 2 and 3 and you are imune to raid :slight_smile:
1 Like

People already do this despite DBD not being an option. Iā€™m not going to debate this now until we get official clarification.

5 Likes

Yeah holding the debate till the feature is explained is probably wise. Its been a long time since dbd was included and now when it is being changed, so presumably there is something to learn on the subject today.

1 Like

well zombies are extra squishy.

Can anyone pull up the older witch doctor undead and tell me if they got revamped like the other pets? (Its important in getting insight on if they are coming back or notā€¦if they were ignored in this, odds are likely they ainā€™t coming back)

Also I would love to see some screenshots of the battle pass selections if there are any.

They certainly have the new stats. I think they were adjusted with thralls but Iā€™m not 100%.

Why release the next update to testlive today :thinking:

Usually coincides with a devstream

IMHO, I think you should be able to cast while falling and make slow fall a quick cast spell like wall of fire. Just sayingā€¦itā€™s far more useful that way vs prepping for a jump in the next minute.

1 Like

Unfortunately no answer :frowning:

So no word on dynamic building damage? Ignored again I guess

2 Likes

I liked the new additions, however I saw that the prizes we won for delivering a sorcerer are not so attractive, it would be more attractive if with this new currency we could buy named slaves and weapon

1 Like