The Challenge Timeline: Dark Cherries of the World Tree

Not quite related but E13 appears to have 1 extra ability without challenge mode? I ran E13 and wiped on the GK (hinder on every attack is OP with me playing melee, malfunction is a big FU) and when I came back in E12 he didn’t have that and the Vampire didn’t have Blood Threshold

I think that the higher you go up in elite tiers, the more abilities the bosses have. I know my lower tier characters only go up against bosses with a couple of abilities, so maybe 13 adds another one?

Doesn’t malfunction only hurt you when you attack GK? I normally just pop pain suppression and keep going through it, but I had thought that if you don’t attack then it doesn’t damage you… :thinking:

Malfunction’s the persistent ground effect where DGK stands in the middle and you take damage if you’re in the circle. I haven’t particularly noticed taking damage from attacking him cause it’s larger than the range either of my weapons could hit him once he expands the range on that and distortion or whatever the other one’s called.

I usually lose about 2500 hp on the ticks it applies before I can walk out of range but with hinder it’s 5000-10000. It’s worse when he has the cone attack cause I hug him tighter to be able to dodge that one.

Malfunction damages when you hit the GK or you stand in it. It’s a sort of reflect. This damage scales as far as I can tell with elite but not with damage you do on the GK.

1 Like

E13’s boss 4 does have 5 effects. First 3 are 4 (afaik same as e12)

gk-static

Also I don’t normally read descriptions but I thought I’d screencap Static when I saw it since afaik it’s a new one.

11+7 fragments on E13

1 Like

The higher your Elite level, the more modules that will be active. There appears to be a fixed pattern. Here’s a table listing the modules that are active per boss for every Elite level starting with the tenth:

Elite Level Boss 1 Boss 2 Boss 3 Boss 4 Gatekeeper
10 2 3 4 4 4
11 2 4 4 4 4
12 3 4 4 4 4
13 3 4 4 5 4
14 3 4 5 5 4
15 4 5 5 5 5
16 4 5 5 5 5
17 4 5 5 5 5

Note: This data is representative of what I’ve usually observed. There seems to be a slight variance with Elites 14, 15, and 17 where they may generate one fewer module than is typical. I don’t know if this is intentional or contingent on a particular boss, platform, or collection of modules.

4 Likes

I haven’t kept exact track of non-unique special attacks but my impression is Kuchisake-onna just has a much smaller pool of options, will never do fire/blood based attacks. So unless they wanted it to always generate “extra hp, enraging, purging, debil/corrupt/expose, Spectral Storm” it’ll sometimes wind up <5. I don’t think the ghoul does fire/blood either but is able to stack its unique afflicts whereas Kuchisake-onna doesn’t combine storm and donuts.