This game is unplayable

Exactly, use the terrain to your advantage. For example, fight in a field of large rocks, where horses can not be used at full speed, but need to make tight turns at lower speed. Jump on a rock while the rider chases you and attack.
Or do the Ninja-thing and prepare the battlefield to your advantage, if you know the enemy will fight you there. Gas traps and spikes should give riders a reason to slow down between rocks.

Static one can be, the sweeping one hits.

Im playing on PS4 :slight_smile:

When i play, i carry palisades incase i get horsed, just pop a circle of walls up around you. Or place 2 close together and stand between them, when riders charge you can move behind either section. There are plenty of methods to inhibit horsemen from utilizing their mounts. You just have to be willing to use one of those methods

2 Likes

Nothing you posted here makes this game “unplayable”.

1 Like

You also replying to others as if you were 12 years old man.

If you arent here to add anything to the conversation and just want to chime in to call people noob and sling insults around to try feel witty then please keep your posts to yourself. I get you may be angry at some peoples opinions but offering nothing other than name calling and childish one liners is not adding anything, all it does is make you come across as young and not all that bright.

I’m not saying you are either of those things but I am trying to show you some self awareness of how you are coming across in your posts.

4 Likes

People who say horses aren’t OP is just ignorant people. Mechanics could be OP even if you able to counter them. But problem with horses is just that they are way to easy to get. So either make them easier to kill or harder to get.
Damage from a guy on horse with spear is multiplied with x1.5, wich I dont see any reason for either. Why should a spear be sharper just because you are on a horse? And also give bleed 100% of the hits.

You can counter horses yes, but there is still people that playing in small groups and especially now when a lot of people actually stopped playing PVP because they dont feel they got listened to like @Hel said earlier in this post. I mean, mount update could have been great if it was better balanced, but it’s not. It kinda removed all the amazing foot PVP that you had before. And that was the charm with conan, you zerged with 10-20 people and had big group fights. That sadly dosn’t work anymore.

2 Likes

See, that’s why I am ok with pets in general not being buffed as much as some players want to see. For the most part, I have only been watching this thread, since I don’t play PvP so it doesn’t affect me nearly as much.

With the horse and rider together there is more mass behind the attack. Add to this the higher speed of the horse and you’ll have more kinetic energy at the tip of the spear.
Thus higher damage seems justified to me.

The bleeding is another matter, though

1 Like

Even if you are standing still with horse you make more damage. And it’s a game you cant really put in all real life factors into it. If u charge with horse you still gonna get damaged from the horse + the spear if it hits you. So you really dont need x1.5 damage anyway.

1 Like

Going by that logic, every player should be oneshot then.

More balance changes regarding real life (since you guys love that so much);

• falling and taking fall damage should result in the character being unable to move and just crawl for the next 3-12 weeks, since you broke some bones
  • if you get poisoned and don’t treat it, you will eventually die in the next hour
  • dragons should oneshot you, since they are dragons and massive. if not, they should at least break some bones that will take again some weeks to heal and cripple you for that time
  • if you get hit by a spear, you should bleed until bandaged and need to wait out the wound several days, before being able to go out and farm again
  • I could go on and make the game even more antifun by turning it into a simulator

I hope you get my point, that real life logic should carefully be taken into game balance discussions

7 Likes

Yes, you could go on and make the game even more antifun by ruining every single aspect of it because it’s “unfair” and “op” and “broken” because you lost to it in PvP. The list of things already nerfed into obscurity and made obsolete and unusable even in PvE is already far to long for this very reason, there is no need to continue this trend.

4 Likes

The same reason I’m forced to get perks off my encumberance build to do pvp on the same level as other people. You should adapt to the game, not the way around.

So, spam roll was cool huh?
And it’s not a pvp game, it’s a survival game with good pvp.

2 Likes

The actual act of balancing was done by Funcom. The players can only hint at things, that are unbalanced, aka OP. It’s not the PvP player’s fault that Funcom screws up by overnerfing because they lack game understanding (LBS, SoC etc.).

You know, unlike in PvE, in PvP other players can actually make your free time you spend in the game unfun, just by abusing overpowered META and you have no chance fighting back, except using the same META, which is not always available.

See for yourself:

I took a random video from YouTube, so this is not from me.

The rider in the video was not even good at it. The player managed to survive pretty well. And that’s it. Survive until someone comes help you or you run out of heals or you do a mistake.

But proof me otherwise. Show me footage where you kill horse after horse. Show me it’s balanced.

2 Likes

It’s almost the same thing like people did about old spear and also the old dodge meta only difference is that it was not OP because it was the only viable and the only way to fight, now there is 2 ways u can fight but you kinda forced to be on a horse if you wanna fight a horse and that’s what people also not happy about. Like common, he dont say anywhere that he wants the horses to get removed, just nerfed a little bit.
And I totally agree. The horses will still be better then being on foot. But will also let players that dont wanna get up on a horse all the time to have a bigger chance to fight back in a bigger extent.

The problem here is that you are ignoring that the horses made an BIG change to the better on this game regarding the traveling issue,
specially on PvP servers when you are without maps, because ur enemys are blowing them down,

having to walk on foot everywhere is an torture,
and i play this game since almost 3 years, since the beta,
i walked alot to say that we need the horses,

the whatever problem of PvP regulating you should
suggest another thing, not removing horses, hell no

also i disagree with the question of hard-hiting horses,
because you have no way to defend urself up there,
so it must have an nice attack,
also they are not even close from the agility of pvp on foot

its easy to avoid horse attacks being on foot,
also easy to run from them, jumping and climbing up/down,

also its the reality,
using an horse back on the wars were an advantage on flat fields,

and one of the reasons i like this game because he is the most close to simulation of reality

2 Likes

So in essence, the old pvp meta was fine because you were forced to roll around with a spear to play, but now the game is unplayable because instead of utilizing high ground and ranged combat, you have the option of also using a horse?

1 Like

We are realy close in our arguments. Mine is:
"People who say horses are OP are just ignorant people. Mechanics couldn’t be OP if you able to counter them. "

1 Like

This needs to be more widely understood and more often said. Everyone keeps talking like Funcom was some poor dude, bullied by a multitude of screaming voices, with no other choice than to blindly do whatever the voices say.

Players aren’t responsible for any imbalances in the game, Funcom is.

4 Likes

That is like saying players aren’t responsible for using exploits which the game developer has made clear are against the rules simply because the developer hasn’t yet patched said exploits out yet. Wrong. It is 100% the fault of the exploiter.

The same can be said for “broken PvP Meta”. If everyone in the pvp community complained that the “meta” was broken then they could easily CHOSE not to use said weapon, armor, thrall, horse, pet whatever. But they will not chose to do so. They will use it every single time. So while a large part of the responsibility is still upon Funcom, there is still some upon the players themselves. And if they cannot and will not chose to not use a “broken” feature of the game then that’s on them.

1 Like