Thrall zoomed out to sea and vanished

Game mode: [ (Online official) Server #6109]
Type of issue: [ Bug ]
Server type: [ PvE ]
Region: [ US ]
Mods?: [ Are mods installed: No ]
Edition: [ Steam ]

Bug Description:

Thrall zoomed out to sea on the map and vanished. No death message and it no longer appears in my followers list

Expected Behavior:

I died during a fight and I expected my thrall to enter scouting mode while I returned to my death marker. My horse entered scouting mode as normal, but my thrall did not. I watched it’s follower icon zoom across the map out to sea and then it was completely gone. There is no record of him in my follower log and I can’t find his body to recover the items. It’s like he vanished into oblivion.

This really sucks because of the time investment leveling this thrall and getting him great gear. He was my buddy and there was literally nothing I could do.

RIP Phil. Miss you big guy.

Steps to Reproduce:

Die with a thrall following you and then watch in horror as expensive armor/weapons and beloved friend zoom across the map then vanish.

1 Like

His escape went swimmingly

1 Like

Greetings @BloodyBaroness,

We are very sorry for your loss. Do you happen to remember the time when you noticed he was gone?
Also, please share your timezone and we will check the logs. Feel free to reach out in private if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.

@Mayra
I appreciate you taking a look into this.

I noticed his icon drifting across the map as I was running back to my body. So it was within a few minutes of my most recent death at the hands of a grey one. My bedroll was in the same grid square that the death occurred. Time zone is east coast EST. I made this bug report within about 20 minutes of him disappearing.

The thrall was a bearer “Backpacker Henrik” who had been renamed to Phil. I didn’t see anything in my event logs about him dying and he was just completely gone from my followers list.

2 Likes

We had a prime minister that did the same thing.

2 Likes

Hi @BloodyBaroness,

Thank you for the additional information, we will investigate and hopefully prevent other followers to face such destiny!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.