Unable to switch to Dragonbone arrows while mounted on a horse

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online private)
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug ]
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvE-Conflict]
Region: NA

I am unable to switch to Dragonbone Arrows while mounted on a horse. It gives the “Unavailable” message like when you attempt to use a non-horseback weapon. Other arrows work fine. Works as intended while on foot.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Get on horse. My horse is amazing.
  2. Put dragonbone arrows on hotbar, and a 2nd type of arrow on hotbar.
  3. Equip bow in your hand.
  4. Attempt to switch between different arrow types. You can’t switch to Dragonbone.

Dark, if I may …

Are you using mods? If so, can you replicate it in single player or on an official server?

Does the error present itself when the bow is not equipped?

These data will help us; thanks for the report !

Regards

jim

PS: my horse is also amazing !

No Mods, it’s on an unofficial vanilla server.

You can’t switch arrows without equipping a bow, unless you manually drag the arrows onto the bow from the inventory screen. That does work. Only when the arrows are on the hotbar with the bow will the dragonbone arrows not be equipped.

In single player with no mods, I am unable to quick-swap between most arrows. Only a few work, such as the snake and explosive arrows. Dragging still works.

Good explanation leading to why I cannot replicate the bug. I use two bows, a cheap one, dragonbone, for special effects like poison and heal, and the Reach for ballistic damage and always change arrows with the drag method. A bit slower, but I am more of a strategic player.

Regards, and good luck.

jim

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.