Verify the integrity of the game files 2-3 times every game session + crashes

Game mode: [Single-player]
Type of issue: [Crash]
Server type: [SP]
Region: [EU]

Hey @Ignasi, maybe you already know …

Game crashes have started with the new patch.
Many times during a session I have to check the integrity of the game files.
Whenever possible, I always send a report to Funcom.
At the start of the game all the menus freeze for about ten seconds.

A hotfix is urgently needed to resolve the crash problem.
It is almost impossible to play!

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:
1.Play the game
2.The game crash
3.Verify the integrity of the game files
4.Play again the game…go to point1, it’s a loop.

Hey @Zardoz

Do you have any mods installed in your game?

1 Like

Hello and thank you for the quick reply :smile:
I’m playing with PC, SP. Here is the list of active mods:

• Exile Architect
  • Armor Mashup (Hyborian Body)
  • RP Aesthetic (RA)
  • Cospirator_armor
  • CharEditLite
  • Pick up +
  • Conan Sexiles 3.2.0

Do you think it is one or more mods that create the problem?
Everything was fine before the patch.

Anyways yesterday, for example, I had 4 crashes - Fatal Error. 2 times I just had to restart the game and sent you the reports. The other 2 did not appear the window to send reports to Funcom, but forced me to check the integrity of the files.

What result does the check of the file integrity have? Are there any files re-loaded? Each time?

All the times the verification ends well. No files have ever been replaced or reloaded. After verification I can play again. The verification is always anticipated by a fatal error. Each time it happens at different times and doing different actions. I tried to find some logic, but the problem is random.
There is a single point where at 90% I always get a fatal error - crash - but it does not verify the files: it is the climb that from the mounds of the deads goes up to the savannah. Near the edge of the playing area.
If I am riding halfway up or down in 90% of cases I have a fatal error. I don’t know if this location could be significant.

It depends on the mods, many of them need an update after major patches, so yes, it is possible to be a mod issue. I use different mods but none of the above so can’t help with that part.

EDIT: Looking at the comments here, you may try removing Conan Sexiles: Steam Community :: Error

1 Like

OK, I was believing that if you get to re-load new files with every verification, you might have a HDD-error (bad sector). But if the verification process does not download files, then this should not be the case.

In this case I am with Narelle, it is possibly one of the mods.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice.
I see to disable this mod too and maybe it resolves.
I keep you updated.

1 Like

I uninstalled two mods:

• Armor Mashup (Hyborian body)
  • ConanSexiles

Then I gave myself a 2 day trial with 2 game sessions. The first 5-6h and the second 4-5h. Well, at the end of the test I can say that everything went smoothly. No fatal errors, no request for file verification, the menus now always open by freezing a little, but they are faster. I also used the horse a lot. Everything good!

So it was one or both mods that caused the problem.
Thank you all for your valuable and quick help !!
@Ignasi I have to apology for blaming Funcom for a mistake not his. Many things still need to be fixed in the game, but you are doing a great job. Keep it up!

3 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation @Zardoz, glad to hear you found the culprit for your issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.